HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2015, 09:54 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,438 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
I thought that vid would be available to anyone on the site, but it turned out that it was only available to people with access to the Digital Editions of RCCA.

IIRC, the driving was a mixture of me, Jimmy (akura2), and Tim (hotrodlocal). Tim had designed a pretty tough track for that month, but the MM450 made it around no problem.

Chris' bike still stands at the top of the heap. It's funny that AR Racing is finally now offering a kingpin steering setup for their bike. And by the looks of the Chinese RC dirt bike manufacturers, Chris' work hasn't gone unnoticed. You know what they say, Chris -- "Imitation is the sincerest...".
If I had a dollar for everytime....
Chris Nicastro is offline Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2015, 10:00 PM
Guilford, Ct.
Joined Jan 2004
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
They cant sell what they dont own...
The tooling reverted back to the factory for lack of payment. The intellectual property was never protected so copy away!
Did the same thing happen to the GPV1?
katana2665 is online now Find More Posts by katana2665
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:09 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
I don't know if I ever posted this vid here. It's on the Radio Control Car Action digital edition within my review article, but I don't think it was ever viewable on its own on the RCCA site.

http://youtu.be/93PifW82WOg
That is the first time I've seen that video and it looked great taking those jumps etc, nice Lito, shame the dills couldn't see two feet in front of themselves. Great bike, unavailable.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC4 close up track action
Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
They cant sell what they dont own...
The tooling reverted back to the factory for lack of payment. The intellectual property was never protected so copy away!
The Chinese told me the molds would be too complicated to copy so that was one advantage we had to prevent clones. They would have to spend a lot to do it and they dont really understand it to troubleshoot it or improve it so...

The more sensible companies that have the deep pockets are not willing to take the chance. Again lack of understanding and passion for the segment I suppose.
So the tooling is sitting in China doing nothing and unprotected by the developers seems to me that you need some backing to re release without the Bu!!5h1t company tying your hands. I have two Bikes Don't run them much now don't want to break them fully blinged everybody that sees them wants one. Has the expensive bit not been done and paid for ?
Gaz-b is online now Find More Posts by Gaz-b