New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 19, 2015, 01:47 AM
Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Joined Dec 2011
3,706 Posts
Just got some 3x10x4 and the bearing is perfect on the KDS tail, it just touches the belt when installed above the pulley. I sanded down the spacers to 9.5mm and installed two bearings instead of 1.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2015, 09:12 PM
Find More Posts by mhills51
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
13,664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Just got some 3x10x4 and the bearing is perfect on the KDS tail, it just touches the belt when installed above the pulley. I sanded down the spacers to 9.5mm and installed two bearings instead of 1.
That sounds about right with what I have. I think the bearings were from a 450. Anyway it has worked great with no issues at all.
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
Old Mar 23, 2015, 05:59 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,706 Posts
Ok I have a solution for the fragile stock slider bushing. As you know the stock bushing is 5x6mm which means that the wall of the bushing is 0.5mm thick, and even thinner than that at the threaded end. Most manufacturers switched over to at least a 5x7mm bushing years ago due to problems with in flight failures. A 5x6 bushing is also easily warped if tightened too much.

This mod uses the following items.

KDS Agile 5.5 pitch slider KA-55-053

RJX Pitch slider Ring UP60058 (can be purchased here)

Optional (not tested yet but will be soon): RJX tail control arm XT60054 (can be purchased here)

A 2x3.5x1mm micro washer (not needed if you use the RJX bellcrank) The Gaui X3 copper sleeve and washer pack contains suitable washers. The Outside diameter isn't critical. You could also just grind down an M2 nut to 1mm width and thread it onto the ball link and it would work.

The RJX and Agile 5.5 slider rings are the same width so the Agile bushing and control yoke will fit the RJX slider ring.

RJX slider vs Agile 5.5

The Agile slider comes with locktite but it came apart relatively easily (I would take it apart and use green or red on it were I using it on an Agile 5.5) A 10mm socket or an adjustable wrench may be used on the Agile bushing.

Agile yoke and bushing with RJX slide ring. Unlike the Agile slide ring the RJX one does not bind up when the yoke and bushing are tightened. The collar in the Agile slider is undersized and freely slides laterally between the two bearings. Whoever designed it doesn't understand what the collar is actually for. Do not gorilla torque this just snug it up (stop when you feel resistance and don't bear down on it), even a 5x7mm brass bushing can warp if over tightened.

RJX ball vs KDS ball. KDS uses a 5mm ball so if you are using the original bellcrank you need to replace it with the KDS one. Problem here is that the ball doesn't stick out far enough from the slide ring and that the thread is too long and will act like a setscrew on the collar between the two bearings which will prevent the slider from rotating. So you need to space it out with a 1mm thick micro washer and shorten the thread a little with a dremel tool. so that the thread length matches the original ball. If you are using the RJX bellcrank none of this is necessary you just keep the original ball link and replace the ball on the bellcrank with the one from the KDS bellcrank instead.

After shortening the thread.

New slider compared to original.

Installed on helicopter.

Last edited by Atomic Skull; Mar 24, 2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 06:15 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,706 Posts
I have not yet actually tested the RJX bellcrank on the KDS tail (I have one on order), however it can be used to upgrade the Logo tail and is apparently a drop in replacement so I see no reason it won't work on the KDS tail as well. I compared the RJX and KDS bellcranks on my Xtreme 600 and the geometry is exactly the same.

There are two versions of the RJX bellcrank a left handed one and a right handed one. The one that the RJX X-Tron and older versions of the X-Treme 600 belt version uses is the right handed version (XT60054).

The complete RJX pitch slider geometry seems to be the same as the KDS/Logo geometry. The control yoke is strait while the plastic links are longer but overall the ends of the links are the same distance from the control ball on the slide ring. However the control yoke comes extremely close to the carrier arm when the slider moves all the way toward the sideplate and if it were to hit the arm at 10,000 RPM it would be disastrous. You would also need to replace the 5mm balls on the tail grips with 4.7mm ones (the ball link set for the Trex 600 flybar head has suitable balls for this).
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Mar 23, 2015 at 06:32 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 03:30 PM
Find More Posts by david90210
Italy, Veneto, Abano Terme
Joined Dec 2014
10 Posts
which is a good headspeed for a sport flying? (std. innova 600)
david90210 is offline Find More Posts by david90210
Old Mar 24, 2015, 09:05 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by david90210 View Post
which is a good headspeed for a sport flying? (std. innova 600)
1900-2000 rpm.
Old Apr 05, 2015, 01:04 AM
Joined Dec 2011
3,706 Posts
Just received the RJX bellcrank.

Compared to the stock plastic KDS bellcrank:

3x5x2mm washer is supposed to go on the bottom while the 3x5x3mm goes on top. Here I have replaced the stock 4.7mm ball with a 5mm KDS one. I had to grind the thread length down so it doesn't stick out the other side of the arm (I reused the one I had done previously). You could also just replace the plastic link on the pushrod with a 4.7mm one instead.

Installed on helicopter. With the stock washers 2mm of screw stuck out the other side of the support arm so I replaced the smaller 3x5x2mm one with the 3x5x0.5mm one from the original bellcrank and used a nylock nut on the other side of the support arm.

The RJX bellcrank should also work with the stock slider however you would need to change out the ball for a 4.7mm one and lower the bellcrank slightly more with an additional 3x5x1mm washer.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Apr 05, 2015 at 04:57 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 06:16 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,706 Posts
Cyclic servos:

Old Apr 13, 2015, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by deonjams
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Dec 2011
796 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post
Cyclic servos:
Those look amazing, and seem quite special. Hope they perform as well as they look. Seems designer and production have taken care with many good details on this one.
deonjams is offline Find More Posts by deonjams
Old Apr 14, 2015, 03:44 AM
Find More Posts by david90210
Italy, Veneto, Abano Terme
Joined Dec 2014
10 Posts
david90210 is offline Find More Posts by david90210