SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 21, 2008, 03:58 PM
Registered Flyer
White Bear Lake, MN
Joined Jun 2006
1,113 Posts
Discussion
Binding Spektrum AR6200?

I recently got two AR6200's for a Hangar 9 Pulse and a P-51. I already have a AR7000 that I use in a 1/4 scale Cub.
My question is what is the correct way to bind the AR6200 recievers to the Tx. The way the manual says to do it is to plug the bind plug into the on/off switch. But it doesn't work that way. I did try plugging the bind plug into a port on the reciever but don't know if thats the right way.
I would like to know how you guys bind your AR6200.
Thanks, Josh
FuntanaS is offline Find More Posts by FuntanaS
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2008, 05:23 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Oct 2004
5,965 Posts
If you are using the switch harness, plug the bind plug into the charge jack. If not using the switch harness, plug the bind plug into the receiver slot marked BATT/BIND.

Bill
ebill3 is offline Find More Posts by ebill3
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:32 PM
Joined Nov 2006
687 Posts
delete
ndb8fxe is offline Find More Posts by ndb8fxe
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:50 PM
GreeneAeroFlyers
Greeneville, TN
Joined Mar 2004
287 Posts
The charge jack has to be three wire for the bind plug to work when plugged into it. Otherwise just plug bind plug into batt slot on rec and battery into any other unused port. Be sure to bimd again after making all of your settings and adjustments.

Ken
kenkey is offline Find More Posts by kenkey
Old Jul 22, 2008, 09:52 AM
Registered Flyer
White Bear Lake, MN
Joined Jun 2006
1,113 Posts
Thanks a lot guys! I had to plug the bing plug into the batt/bind port on the reciever to get it to bind to the Tx. But I wasn't sure if this was the right way since the AR7000 is binded by plugging the plug into the on/off switch. And the sheet that comes with the AR6200 showing how to bind it is not right.
Thanks for clearing that up.
BTW has anyone had any problems with their AR6200?
Josh,
Old Jul 22, 2008, 10:32 PM
Joined Nov 2006
687 Posts
I've got two 6200's and a 7000. I had no problems with any of them.

I bind the 6200's the same way I bind the 7000 through the charge jack. I'm not sure why what wouldn't work for you.
Old Jul 22, 2008, 11:13 PM
GreeneAeroFlyers
Greeneville, TN
Joined Mar 2004
287 Posts
the bind plug works by shorting the two outside pins (ground and signal) on the batt port of the rec. if the switch harness doesn't have all three wires it will not bind. many switch harnesses only have positive and negative as the signal wire is not needed with the batt.

Ken
kenkey is offline Find More Posts by kenkey
Old Jul 23, 2008, 12:56 AM
Joined Feb 2008
6 Posts
AR6200 Binding

I just purchased an AR6200 and when I try to power it up the LED winks and then goes out. I bought all the stuff that the binding sheet shows, hooked it up only to discover that the bind plug that came with it is a female. Is it supposed to come with both? Mine didn't. My LHS guy took another out of his stock and it has the same problem: a wink at power on and only came with the female bind plug. Since I couldn't get the thing to power up other than a wink of the LED, I am getting nowhere with this.

Am I a victim of two bad receivers or too dumb to figure this out? I am using a fully charged 1500mAh battery and the JR power switch. I used a JR y-plug to give me the right hookup for the bind plug but I can't do anything until the receiver decides to start blinking so I can bind the thing to my DX6i.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
samscasa is offline Find More Posts by samscasa
Old Jul 23, 2008, 09:55 AM
Registered Flyer
White Bear Lake, MN
Joined Jun 2006
1,113 Posts
samscasa: I don't think your recievers are bad. I would guess it is an issue of not correctly binding them. At first my recievers also would flash them the light would go out.
I don't believe the AR6200 is suppose to come with both a male and female bind plug. All you need to do is put the bind plug that came with your 6200 into the port on the reciever marked batt/bind. Then plug the battery directly into another port, such as the rudder, and follow the instructions to bind it.
Hope this helps, Josh
Old Jul 23, 2008, 11:33 PM
Joined Nov 2006
687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkey
the bind plug works by shorting the two outside pins (ground and signal) on the batt port of the rec. if the switch harness doesn't have all three wires it will not bind. many switch harnesses only have positive and negative as the signal wire is not needed with the batt.

Ken
This is good info. When adding a RX and need a switch and charge jack make sure it has three wires.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 09:35 AM
Crowthorne, Berkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2002
211 Posts
If you fly electric using an esc bec then you don't have a switch harness - the dx6i instructions don't cover this, but I worked out that plugging the female bind plug into the BATT/BIND socket in the rx works.
A supplementary question for all you Spektrum experts. Having bound my system, according to the instructions each time I switch on, the system takes a few seconds to activate, then the rx led comes on solid and it all works. This happens half the time, but many times when I power up the rx, the light flashes (slower than when binding) but the system seems to work fine. The instructions don't mention this situation - anyone out there know what's happening? (BTW, I also saw this happen with someone else's dx7 at the field)
TrevC is offline Find More Posts by TrevC
Old Jul 27, 2008, 10:01 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevC
A supplementary question for all you Spektrum experts. Having bound my system, according to the instructions each time I switch on, the system takes a few seconds to activate, then the rx led comes on solid and it all works. This happens half the time, but many times when I power up the rx, the light flashes (slower than when binding) but the system seems to work fine. The instructions don't mention this situation - anyone out there know what's happening? (BTW, I also saw this happen with someone else's dx7 at the field)
If you turn off the RX and turn it back on without also turning the TX off and back on, you will see the flashing. You can avoid this by always turning the transmitter off after powering down the receiver and always turning on the transmitter before powering up the receiver.

The receiver is trying to tell you it suffered a power loss.
Daedalus66 is online now Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Old Jul 28, 2008, 08:24 AM
Crowthorne, Berkshire, UK
Joined Apr 2002
211 Posts
Thanks Daedalus - haven't had a chance to try it yet but that's almost certainly the reason as I was setting up my heli and briefly unplugging the battery to adjust things, without turning off the Tx. Would have been nice if the instructions had covered this, or maybe I just didn't look in the right place.
TrevC is offline Find More Posts by TrevC
Old Jul 28, 2008, 09:52 AM
Suspended Account
Upper U.S.
Joined Jan 2008
3,040 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus66
If you turn off the RX and turn it back on without also turning the TX off and back on, you will see the flashing. You can avoid this by always turning the transmitter off after powering down the receiver and always turning on the transmitter before powering up the receiver.

The receiver is trying to tell you it suffered a power loss.
"Power" or "signal" loss?
Sisyphus is offline Find More Posts by Sisyphus
Old Jul 28, 2008, 10:35 AM
Registered Flyer
White Bear Lake, MN
Joined Jun 2006
1,113 Posts
So this weekend I got a chance to fly my Pulse XT 40 with my new AR6200. I flew four flights and everything went great. When I went to fly the next flight I turned on the Tx then turned the reciever switch on and the control surfaces moved a little on their own then the reciever never came on. It showed all the same signs as it did before it was binded when I first got it. When I got home I re-binded it and it works fine, although I haven't got a chance to fly it again.
What would cause the reciever to do this?
BTW, after the four flight nothing changed.
Josh,