SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2014, 07:45 AM
Joined Feb 2012
279 Posts
Discussion
drc malls 4 channel actuator rx looks very promising contender.

Hay all, as usual I've been scouting around for ways to make my hobbie cheaper and this may be a good way for me, I recently ordered a new 4 channel actuator rx, 2 actuator 1 servo 1 motor from www.drcmall.com that's works with its own module, and I was kindly donated a module for the task, I'm just awaiting my new tx to put it into and I'll be back with more information for now here's some pics as to how the rx compares to the plantraco rx and the deltang rx52 m which is my personal favorite, this one however temps me more due to price working out at 10 each is pretty great
rogenstein1983 is offline Find More Posts by rogenstein1983
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by rogenstein1983; Nov 09, 2014 at 04:54 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2014, 12:47 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,476 Posts
I was very happy with the IR system i got from him, its challenging to build the receivers, but worth the effort in the end. Are these ones pre-assembled?
derk is offline Find More Posts by derk
Old Nov 07, 2014, 01:22 PM
Joined Feb 2012
279 Posts
Yes it came as you see it actually, I'm very happy with his products a shame his site has to be run through Google translate but apart from that well worth the extra effort.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stevens Aero FlyBaby bipe
Old Nov 08, 2014, 05:02 AM
Norfolk, England
Joined Sep 2001
7,760 Posts
When I asked about suitable transmitters, he mentioned something about working with a Walkera ppm Tx. Now, whether he meant the module can be fitted, or that the Rx will work with it is anybody's guess. Since I have at least one Walkera Tx, plus umpteen other 2.4 GHz Heli transmitters on various protocols I intend to experiment once my Rx arrives. Messing around inside transmitters isn't really my thing, electronics scare me.

One thing I was very curious about is that the Rx is supposed to have telemetry to indicate battery level. It'll be interesting to see how that works.

Pete
PETERRAKE is online now Find More Posts by PETERRAKE
Old Nov 08, 2014, 04:49 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Mar 2005
51 Posts
I have been using his Rx and tx module. It works really well. I attached Tx module into old 72Mhz transmitter by connecting to ppm out pot. I mostly use this rx in 2.8g indoor plane with 20mah battery. If you put extended LED light in front of Tx, you can see a changes of light blinking frequency depend on battery discharge . In full charge , it extinguish fast . When it loose power, blinking interval is getting longer. it means you are ready to land. But it is a little tricky. If you reduce the throttle level, LED come back to blink normal. It is useful fuction depend on how you interpret it. I have checked battery and read 3.75V when the signal starts longer.
ocmkim is online now Find More Posts by ocmkim
Last edited by ocmkim; Nov 08, 2014 at 10:26 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2014, 06:09 PM
Joined Mar 2005
51 Posts
Tx (2 min 12 sec)
Old Nov 08, 2014, 10:23 PM
South Korea, Chungcheongbuk-do, Cheongju-si
Joined Jun 2009
62 Posts
thank you.

Thank you friend.
This receiver is 4channel.
It's added One channel for servo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogenstein1983 View Post
Yes it came as you see it actually, I'm very happy with his products a shame his site has to be run through Google translate but apart from that well worth the extra effort.
jjifar is offline Find More Posts by jjifar
Old Nov 08, 2014, 10:27 PM
South Korea, Chungcheongbuk-do, Cheongju-si
Joined Jun 2009
62 Posts
Thank you for your movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocmkim View Post
jjifar is offline Find More Posts by jjifar
Old Nov 09, 2014, 04:51 AM
Joined Feb 2012
279 Posts
Ok i have plugged my module into the back without connecting the aerial for now
And it still binds I'm using the flysky fs th9x is the littler aerial on the top doing the job or do u still need to solder antenna in.

The next issue I'm haveing is I've wired up one of thease recivers and put my Tx into mode 2 which was very easy but the motor channel is coming out on the right stick where aileron would be, is there a setting or something I'm missing as i can't work out how to move that channel, the tx is definitely in mode 2, I'd really appreciate any help here guys as I'm stumped
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2014, 07:15 AM
Joined Mar 2005
51 Posts
I think throttle position cannot be changed in Tx module.
Go menu on your transmitter and check < adjust stick mode selections >.
It has Model 1 to 4. You can switch throttle stick position. Or you can check it if is set correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogenstein1983 View Post
Ok i have plugged my module into the back without connecting the aerial for now
And it still binds I'm using the flysky fs th9x is the littler aerial on the top doing the job or do u still need to solder antenna in.

The next issue I'm haveing is I've wired up one of thease recivers and put my Tx into mode 2 which was very easy but the motor channel is coming out on the right stick where aileron would be, is there a setting or something I'm missing as i can't work out how to move that channel, the tx is definitely in mode 2, I'd really appreciate any help here guys as I'm stumped
Old Nov 09, 2014, 08:12 AM
Joined Feb 2012
279 Posts
I now relize that I hadent done that initial bit where you hold throttle stick upwards to dictate throttle you get 2 flashs after a few seconds, i had already changed to mode 2 in menu but without that first bit it wasent working right now is ok i think, any ideas if I need to attach the antenna as it binds and runs just fine plugged in without it which I found odd but though maybe as my trasmitter has a little antenna that it's using that?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 09, 2014, 01:28 PM
Joined Feb 2012
279 Posts
Ok i have it all working ok now and I also did the mode 1 to mode 2 mode inside which was sooo easy some great vids on youtube well happy i have throttle where I need it, now of to build something for thease great little receivers maybe a new boxkit with elevator would be a good shout, i know know, gotta stop building them haha
RCG Plus Member