HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 08, 2014, 12:17 AM
Joined Nov 2007
16 Posts
Discussion
RC TRADER - Whats the go with new web page?

Has anyone else got the same problem as me uploading the RC Trader browser? Ever since there was an upgrade to the site a few weeks back I havent been able to view it on the PC (crome). I can see it on the Iphone browser. Maybe I should try and contact the RC trader administrator but its a good site for stuff and its a bugger not having it on the home PC.

What gives?!?
Phildo70 is offline Find More Posts by Phildo70
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2014, 12:36 AM
Australia, SA, Elizabeth Downs
Joined Mar 2007
1,173 Posts
works fine here on the pc with chrome and firefox...try deleting the browser cache
Au_Wozza is offline Find More Posts by Au_Wozza
Old Sep 08, 2014, 06:54 PM
Joined Nov 2007
16 Posts
Thanks wozza, didn't help. Whats funny is that both home computers cant load the page and neither can my work one. Hmmmm....
Old Sep 08, 2014, 08:29 PM
Australia, SA, Elizabeth Downs
Joined Mar 2007
1,173 Posts
Hmmm all I can think off is you have saved a dud link as a bookmark, try going to the main page http://www.rctrader.com/ or http://www.rctrader.com.au/
If that still no workie and your using the same ISP at home and work, its possible rctrader updated their hosting service and the new address hasn't propagated to your isp dns server..
Au_Wozza is offline Find More Posts by Au_Wozza
Last edited by Au_Wozza; Sep 08, 2014 at 08:39 PM.
Old Sep 08, 2014, 08:38 PM
Australia, VIC, Coburg
Joined Oct 2007
640 Posts
Try clearing your cache in what ever you use to browse...
pokiou is online now Find More Posts by pokiou
Old Sep 09, 2014, 07:13 AM
Australia, VIC, Surrey Hills
Joined Jun 2006
297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phildo70 View Post
Thanks wozza, didn't help. Whats funny is that both home computers cant load the page and neither can my work one. Hmmmm....
Hi Phildo, as the guys have already pointed out, the first thing to do is clear your Browser cache.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache

There should be no DNS issues as the server has not moved or changed.

One thing to note, due to the responsive design to support al the mobile devices etc, we are no longer supporting IE8 or lower. IE8 or lower do not support a fundamental piece of code known as "media calls".

Otherwise, we did have a few small bugs in the first week, but I think most of them have been ironed out... I hope. Feel free to use the contact form if you want to discuss 1on1:
http://www.rctrader.com/index.php?a=28&b=136

Cheers
Henryk
henrykk is offline Find More Posts by henrykk
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 09, 2014, 09:12 AM
CRASHING IS THE EASY PART
Australia, NSW, Oatley
Joined Sep 2011
731 Posts
imo I don't like crome I just use explorer 11 and works normal
MclF1 is offline Find More Posts by MclF1
Old Sep 13, 2014, 08:48 PM
Joined Nov 2007
16 Posts
Well, still old problem of page not loading on any computer. Even computers at friends places!!! Thanks HenryKK for the info but I already have the cache deleted as a matter of security anyway and I'm struggling to get the page to load. I am using norton 360 and have 'allowed' the page and every other possibility I can think of. Oh well, it was good while it lasted!!! Cheers, Phil.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 09:38 PM
Australia, VIC, Surrey Hills
Joined Jun 2006
297 Posts
Hi Phildo,

So, are you saying that it does not load at all on any browser or it still only does not load in Chrome?

I am getting thousands of visitors a day, so I am not sure why you are not getting anything. If you would like support to isolate the issue, you are more than welcome to PM me with your email address - i will need some additional info that is not suitable for public forums.

Cheers
Henryk
henrykk is offline Find More Posts by henrykk
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 15, 2014, 04:26 AM
Joined Nov 2007
16 Posts
HenryK, thanks mate. I cleaned up the registries again and a few other check box stuff and 'Bingo' all good. Dont know mate, cant put a finger on it. Cheers for your support, and may the acquisition of pre-loved goodies continue!!
Old Sep 15, 2014, 11:02 AM
Blurry Iriot
Australia, WA, Swan View
Joined Sep 2013
218 Posts
Not that I want to keep the thread alive but I have found Waterfox to be good!

Thanks RCTrader!
Benagen is offline Find More Posts by Benagen