HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 28, 2014, 02:32 PM
Up, Up & hopefully away!!
United States, FL, Volusia County
Joined May 2013
1,515 Posts
The paint that I used was Ace Fluorescent Glo Spray. The orange color is excellent too.

I removed the decals and threw them away.
flboy286 is offline Find More Posts by flboy286
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:44 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,995 Posts
Flew 3 batteries this AM through my Artizan. Practiced Knife Edge, inverted passes and spins. A very fun time indeed. Greased every landing too.
chucksolo69 is online now Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Apr 28, 2014, 03:47 PM
Joined Apr 2014
189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Flew 3 batteries this AM through my Artizan. Practiced Knife Edge, inverted passes and spins. A very fun time indeed. Greased every landing too.
Sure. Rub it in.
ryguy76 is offline Find More Posts by ryguy76
Old Apr 28, 2014, 11:16 PM
United States, IN, Valparaiso
Joined Sep 2013
443 Posts
When it wasn't too windy, I watched it rain.
dochoot is offline Find More Posts by dochoot
Old Apr 29, 2014, 12:36 AM
Joined Apr 2011
4,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy76 View Post
Sure. Rub it in.
Nah, it's just this plane is SOOOOO easy to fly and so nimble.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 09:04 PM
My head in the clouds!
United States, CO, Colorado Springs
Joined Mar 2014
177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy76 View Post
I have to inspect that clevis again. I'm sure it was in there correctly and the rubber ring was pushed all the way towards the horn. All the replacement parts are ordered, so not a big deal, but will be extra careful next time.

For the minute that I flew it, I was very happy with my choice. I will definitely have to address the visibility issues though. Probably do some thinck black stripes under the wing, as others have done. Yesterday was WINDY, and it handled the wind like a champ. Didn't even feel like there was any wind while I flew it.
If your unsure of the rubber ring on the clevis put a small zip tie behind the rubber ring wrapped tightly around the clevis for added piece of mind.
Cyclone Steve is online now Find More Posts by Cyclone Steve
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:57 PM
High in the sunlit silence...
United States, CO, Greenwood Village
Joined Jun 2013
597 Posts
Pulled the Trigger

Utilized my HH discount in the 11th hour. This will be quite a different machine for me. Looking forward.

DD
dogdoc1950 is offline Find More Posts by dogdoc1950
Old Apr 30, 2014, 12:10 PM
Joined May 2013
1,515 Posts
Flying in the wind

The airport was reporting 11.5mph wind out of the south and both wind socks(rc & full scale) were full extended. I normally will not fly the Artizan in winds higher than 10mph, but since our runway goes N/S, there wasn't any nasty cross winds.

So I take off and man did she fly nice. After a minute or so, I started doing snap roll, rolls, loops etc I was very impressed to say the least. And I have the PNP version.

This plane just continues to surprise & impress me.

Oh yea, I was the only one who flew this morning.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 03:18 PM
Joined Apr 2011
4,995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flboy286 View Post
The airport was reporting 11.5mph wind out of the south and both wind socks(rc & full scale) were full extended. I normally will not fly the Artizan in winds higher than 10mph, but since our runway goes N/S, there wasn't any nasty cross winds.

So I take off and man did she fly nice. After a minute or so, I started doing snap roll, rolls, loops etc I was very impressed to say the least. And I have the PNP version.

This plane just continues to surprise & impress me.

Oh yea, I was the only one who flew this morning.
Take her up high and do some spins. They are really neat looking while the plane is doing them. Knife edge is relatively easy too as is inverted flight.

Update Edit 5/2/2014: I maidened my Visionaire today and then flew my Artizan right after. These are two totally different airplanes. The Visionaire excels at slow flight and is very stable and rolls like a top. You can tell it is a purpose built 3d airplane and I hovered her up high the first time out. The Artizan is definitely more "sport" plane as she is faster, but, it will be hard to choose between the two. These planes do not fly similarly to each other.
Last edited by chucksolo69; May 02, 2014 at 05:02 PM.
Old May 05, 2014, 10:08 AM
Joined Sep 2013
443 Posts
Finally got chance to maiden. Still a little breezy. Had the battery too far back and a little difficult. Moved it all the way forward and flew much better. 3rd flight, manually put in some down elevator and seemed to go well. Looking forward to flying it again as I think I have it dialed in. 2200mah are just fine in it. Certainly will increase my flight times as I used very little of it (not very aggressive flyer). Seemed easy to land and take off.
Old May 05, 2014, 12:55 PM
Joined May 2013
1,515 Posts
Congrats on your maiden!!

I guess not all 2200mah's are the same in weight. If I had mine all the way forward, it would be too nose heavy.

And yes, very easy to take-off & land.

Enjoy!!!
Old May 05, 2014, 01:31 PM
Joined Sep 2013
443 Posts
I have never done this before but do you guys program in some aileron differential and rudder mix? I maidened a Flybeam as well and some one suggested it.
Thanks
Old May 05, 2014, 01:55 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,197 Posts
NO
The rx does not allow for aileron differential -set by the tx
the ailerons are on a Y connector .
next-- it really does not need any mix, IF you balance per book and set all surfaces exactly to match the wing/stab' fin.
If you stick a huge battery in it -it will be nose heavy and the AS3X will not work correctly
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old May 05, 2014, 02:56 PM
Joined May 2013
1,515 Posts
Doc ~ I wanted to share that the another day it was windy(11mph) and I had to move the battery forward to counter balance the wind. On calm days it's all the way back.

Just food for thought!!
Old May 05, 2014, 03:02 PM
Joined Sep 2013
443 Posts
Yeah, I found that when I flew into the wind, really had a tendency to balloon up If I did not counter with down elevator. Been windy day after day around here.