HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 22, 2012, 08:52 PM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Question
RCExplorer.se Tricopter 2.5 Questions

Hey guys, I've lurked the forums for a long time and am finally making my first post! (NOOB ) Anywho, I finally got the cash to build myself a 2.5 Tricopter and I have a few questions on tuning with the kk2.0 board. I can get the craft to lift off, and from there it's very temperamental. I am using all of the parts suggested by David in the build, and the GWS 1047 props. I have the P gain at around 40 for the Pitch/Roll and 50 for the Rudder, I gains at zero. My thing is, I never reach a point where I hit oscillations, but the craft is very "drifty" rather than just wanting to tip over or crash. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have had to trim out my controller quite a bit but from there it is still rather unpredictable, and it's hard to even hover in one location because it just wants to get going one way or the other. Help from the experts would be greatly appreciated!
jaygreco is offline Find More Posts by jaygreco
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:04 AM
AVR Dude
United Kingdom, England, Cnwll
Joined Jul 2011
1,699 Posts
Use the receiver test menu option to trim your tx to zero and then, I'd increase the P value a bit more to get more of a "locked-in" feel.
Steveis is online now Find More Posts by Steveis
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:05 AM
Joined Dec 2012
2 Posts
Awesome, thanks for the reply! I will give that a try tomorrow and see what happens!
jaygreco is offline Find More Posts by jaygreco