SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 20, 2012, 03:12 PM
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Jul 2010
209 Posts
My ACE hardware ordered Red Caps for me. During the discussion I found that they must order a minmum quantity and the Red Caps are slow movers. I didn't buy his whole lot but bought more than I needed in the short term. He said they'll sell eventually. I don't remember what the lot size was, but if you arranged with friends to buy the whole quantity, the dealer should have no qualms over ordering it. BTW, the dealer is an independant businessman and can stock (or not) whatever he choses. The catalog you refer to merely indicates what is available to him, not what he stocks.
Gnu4FF is offline Find More Posts by Gnu4FF
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 20, 2012, 06:10 PM
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Dec 2011
383 Posts
Well, what they did was force another retail customer to the internet. Andt they wonder why that happens???? seems pretty stupid to me. As you said it was just an order. I even had the part # for them. Being in the retail business, I hate for folks to go to the internet to purchase stuff. I alway attempt to purchase locally. Especially my hobby stuff at the local hobby shop. I only go internet after I give up on my local retailer.
Bob Mears is online now Find More Posts by Bob Mears
Old Dec 20, 2012, 08:29 PM
Joined Jan 2008
1,208 Posts
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/HEA...121221012549:s

Take a look at pipette bulbs. I used to use these on TD 049 stunt airplanes and free flights of all sizes. I don't know how much fuel one could hold, but I recall a couple of oz.
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Dec 20, 2012, 09:15 PM
Old Timer
USA, TX, San Antonio
Joined Jun 2010
871 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson View Post

Take a look at pipette bulbs. I used to use these on TD 049 stunt airplanes and free flights of all sizes. I don't know how much fuel one could hold, but I recall a couple of oz.
The most that Jeff or I could get one of those to hold was right at three ounces. That's plenty for a 15, 20, 25, not for a 36, though (unless, of course, you're not flying in competition).

Kiwi
The Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by The Kiwi
Old Dec 21, 2012, 03:38 PM
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
Joined Dec 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Thomerson View Post

Man, I tore the internet up looking for those things. Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:48 PM
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
Joined Dec 2011
383 Posts
I received my little kitty condoms today. I got my $10.00 worth of fun out of them even if they dont work as fuel cells. "ribbed for her pleasure too"....anyway they look like they will work great for fuel cells. I'll get back to everyone once I've tried one.
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:26 AM
United States, UT, Marysvale
Joined Aug 2004
1,113 Posts
I used to use the baby pacifiers way back in the mid 70s. then I found a source for Ink Pen bladders they could be easily tucked inside a plastic housing made from golf tubes. what was cool about using the Pen Bladder and golf tube was they could be easily tucked inside the wing with no protrusions. I can hear them 'Ol SuperTigres screamin' to this day.
Vrated is offline Find More Posts by Vrated
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:32 PM
Poteau, OK
Joined Nov 2008
489 Posts
Quote:
I can hear them 'Ol SuperTigres screamin' to this day.
Me too... only it's Fox engines. I hear 'em all the time. It's called "Tinnitus".
LA Ming is offline Find More Posts by LA Ming
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:44 AM
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
Joined Dec 2011
383 Posts
Well, I used the "little red caps" last weekend in Tucson. I flew my Johnson powered Slingshot. The little red caps worked great! And at $10.00 for 35, they're very efficient!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 07:33 PM
Joined Apr 2012
537 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Mears View Post
Well, I used the "little red caps" last weekend in Tucson. I flew my Johnson powered Slingshot. The little red caps worked great! And at $10.00 for 35, they're very efficient!

What is the fuel capacity, brand and are you filling those with typical 2 or 5 Oz syringes?
tigreflyer is offline Find More Posts by tigreflyer
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:15 AM
F2D Pilot/Mechanic
Joined Dec 2011
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigreflyer View Post
What is the fuel capacity, brand and are you filling those with typical 2 or 5 Oz syringes?
I used 50cc syringes. I put 100cc in the bladder. I'm sure it would hold more, but thats all I needed