HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:32 PM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
1,132 Posts
Crack Pitts knife edge spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
Just popping in to say pitts is ready to maiden, better late than never.
I don't know if you take requests, but I'd like to see what the Pitts looks like doing a knife edge spin. That's what I'd like to learn next, but it would really help to see what I'm aiming for.
jcansdale is offline Find More Posts by jcansdale
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 01:35 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,113 Posts
Haha. No problems. You got me thinking I must try that KE entry we talked about . Weather looks good for a bunch of flying starting tomorrow! I'll get the hat cam charging.
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:32 PM
United Kingdom, Gunnerton
Joined Dec 2010
1,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
You got me thinking I must try that KE entry we talked about.
I thought about suggesting the knife edge to knife edge spin, but didn't want to push my luck. I'm looking forward to your next video.
jcansdale is offline Find More Posts by jcansdale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:57 PM
Joined Nov 2012
80 Posts
Anyone know of a good,cheap and LIGHT cam to put on the plane for recording video? There's so many out there it's really hard sifting through to find what I want so any personal experience would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Thumb Blisters is offline Find More Posts by Thumb Blisters
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:02 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,113 Posts
I've used the #16 keychain cam for quite some time. 720HD video, decent sound. I have the one with the older lens. I'm not sure, but I think the newer lens is very wide. That is not so good (in my opinion) for a hat cam, as everything gets small fast, but on a plane, potentially, it is perfect. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1556994
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by uptime4downtime; Dec 08, 2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:06 PM
AMA 1034020
United States, AL, Alexander City
Joined Jul 2011
140 Posts
^^ Bad link^^
ATCH is offline Find More Posts by ATCH
Old Dec 08, 2012, 03:07 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
3,113 Posts
Sorry, fixed now
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Skywing 38" Build Instructions
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:16 PM
Joined Aug 2012
69 Posts
Got a quess on what the flying weight of the mini crack is?
Looks like it's power to weight is very good for 2S batteries.
BumpierDrake960 is offline Find More Posts by BumpierDrake960
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:16 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
The eyelets for the 32" series

Is it easier to install them on the foam first and then thread the rod through and put the horn in the surface? I remember last time I did this it was a pain the arse to load all them up on the wire and then try to glue them in place.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:23 PM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post

Is it easier to install them on the foam first and then thread the rod through and put the horn in the surface? I remember last time I did this it was a pain the arse to load all them up on the wire and then try to glue them in place.
To get the best alignment, installing them on the CF rod first is the way to go.

The easiest and fastest way to do this is to use medium CA. Using Welders for this is a pain in the butt. Medium CA and kicker is the way to go.

Put a drop of medium CA in the facotry hole and push the guide in. Then make sure it is lined up and hit it with kicker. Move on to the next guide and repeat.

Start at the control surface end and work back to the servo one at a time.

I find this way very easy and produces excellent results. Nice alignment and to glue on the CF rod.

JC
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:18 PM
Swartz Creek, MI.
Joined Dec 2010
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumb Blisters View Post
Anyone know of a good,cheap and LIGHT cam to put on the plane for recording video? There's so many out there it's really hard sifting through to find what I want so any personal experience would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I use the 808 #11 key chain cam. I believe it records 30fps. I bought it on ebay for $32 shipped from Hong Kong. It records great video & can take a beating. I hit the pavement with my TH extra slick, the cam flew off the velcro with no issues. I have seen a few people mention the #16 is slightly better but don't know first hand.

Bill B.
wjb111 is online now Find More Posts by wjb111
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:25 PM
Registered Abuser
United States, CT, Bethlehem
Joined Jan 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Spohr View Post
To get the best alignment, installing them on the CF rod first is the way to go.

The easiest and fastest way to do this is to use medium CA. Using Welders for this is a pain in the butt. Medium CA and kicker is the way to go.

Put a drop of medium CA in the facotry hole and push the guide in. Then make sure it is lined up and hit it with kicker. Move on to the next guide and repeat.

Start at the control surface end and work back to the servo one at a time.

I find this way very easy and produces excellent results. Nice alignment and to glue on the CF rod.

JC
Yeah I did it this way on the lite build and it was super easy. All my previous builds I had switched to a thicker rod and some bigger plastic guides because the wood looked like a pain.

It was easier than I thought it would be with the CA/Kicker.
astolenpose is offline Find More Posts by astolenpose
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:21 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stgdz View Post

I did this method today. That was really easy and its what I'm doing on these airframes from here on out.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Dec 10, 2012, 08:38 AM
Parkfly Padawan
United States, PA, Waynesburg
Joined Aug 2011
982 Posts
So.... any news on the Baby Yak release.....???

JForbes is offline Find More Posts by JForbes
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:00 AM
Twisted Do Nut!
Fort Worth
Joined Dec 2010
2,444 Posts
Yeah I've got my bench mostly clear for it. Got a micro yak54 to finish then it's game on for the Mini Crack Yak.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot