HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 09, 2011, 02:48 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1 Posts
Help!
Double Horse 9053 - Won't take off!

Hi... can any of you guys help me... I recently bought a Double Horse 9053 Heli When I first tries to fly it in our small garden I had a few small crashes... NO DAMAGE SUSTAINED though.

However when I tried to use it again today all it seems able to do when you try to take off is just spin round in circles... any idea what's going on?
father_mark is offline Find More Posts by father_mark
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 09, 2011, 07:27 PM
To Soar Like An Eagle!
Canada, ON, Woodstock
Joined Dec 2007
7,053 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by father_mark View Post
Hi... can any of you guys help me... I recently bought a Double Horse 9053 Heli When I first tries to fly it in our small garden I had a few small crashes... NO DAMAGE SUSTAINED though.

However when I tried to use it again today all it seems able to do when you try to take off is just spin round in circles... any idea what's going on?
It sounds like a gear has popped off or maybe dropped down. Check to see if the gears line up properly. Someting is not quite right, the balance between the bades is out of sync, one is spinning faster than the other for some reason.
frieslander is offline Find More Posts by frieslander
Old Apr 09, 2011, 08:31 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Hold each gear by hand, and then try to turn the corresponding blades to see if there is any slippage between the gear and blade shaft - don't use too much force, but some.

Do this test for both the top gear and bottom gear. The bottom gear on a coaxial heli drives the top blades, and the top gear drives the lower blades.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:39 PM
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
I have the same problem. I had a few crashes as well and now all my unit does is spin around and never takes off. I can see that the lower blades are turning slower that the top blades and if I adjust the trimmer controls, the lower blades turn even slower. This may be normal operation, but I new to flying and looking for any help that I can get.

I found that the set screws in my lower rotor blades was not tight. Eventhough the blades turned, they were also slipping. I thighten the screws and now I'm back in business.
Eddiebar is offline Find More Posts by Eddiebar
Last edited by Eddiebar; Sep 29, 2011 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Found the solution
Old Jul 04, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Jul 2012
1 Posts
had same problem

With some crashes the top main gear screw strip. The screws are too short and plastic gear to wide. I found a way to extend life of gear. Only after going through 3 you need to remove both gears. The top gear has 2 screws in it. Back them out and file some of the plastic off where the screws go in. Keep in mind that they go into the hollow tube and the inner shaft has to fit. Line up screws with holes in hollow tube and tighten. This should be the fix u need. Check to make sure gear isn't cracked other you need to replace it.
imhoff19 is offline Find More Posts by imhoff19
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:21 PM
Joined Dec 2012
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddiebar View Post
I have the same problem. I had a few crashes as well and now all my unit does is spin around and never takes off. I can see that the lower blades are turning slower that the top blades and if I adjust the trimmer controls, the lower blades turn even slower. This may be normal operation, but I new to flying and looking for any help that I can get.

I found that the set screws in my lower rotor blades was not tight. Eventhough the blades turned, they were also slipping. I thighten the screws and now I'm back in business.
Thanks for the advice. I only just purchased the 9053 and flown it twice. The third time after charging the chopper had no thrust and span on the ground. I was convinced it was the power source, until I read the blogs. Needed to replace a srew on the bottom rotor that wouldn't tighten. Now all is tight and I'm back in business.
gorotor is offline Find More Posts by gorotor
Old Jun 25, 2013, 04:56 PM
Joined Jun 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorotor View Post
Thanks for the advice. I only just purchased the 9053 and flown it twice. The third time after charging the chopper had no thrust and span on the ground. I was convinced it was the power source, until I read the blogs. Needed to replace a srew on the bottom rotor that wouldn't tighten. Now all is tight and I'm back in business.
I have a problem with the gripping screws not tightening on the top gear for the bottom rotors. Where do you get replacements from? I've looked all over ebay/amazon but I'm struggling to find them.
jamestrenchard is offline Find More Posts by jamestrenchard
Old Jun 26, 2013, 11:10 AM
Wpw
HookedOnHelis
Joined Jun 2013
5 Posts
Can anyone help me out ? The problem I have is my 9053 double hourse won't shut off ? I plug the battery in and the blades start turning. On off switch has no effect. Did it with the Controller on first and with the Controler off. Still starts running when I plug the battery in . Changed out the receiver and no change. What's going on ?
Wpw is offline Find More Posts by Wpw
Old Feb 17, 2014, 06:49 PM
Joined Feb 2014
1 Posts
Doublehorse 9053 drops out of the sky

I am having issues. with my double horse dropping out of sky. It took of fine it was about 15 ft off ground about 25 feet away when rotors stopped turning and heli just dropped to ground breaking front cowling. Any thoughts?
AJCheng is offline Find More Posts by AJCheng