New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 05:57 PM
Find More Posts by hog2soar
Central California
Joined Jan 2010
1,083 Posts
Thermal Duration wing and airfoil flying plank

I'm just looking into building my first thermal wing or plank. And I'm always goofing around scratch building and experimenting. So, I was wondering.

What would happen if you took a Polyhedral thermal duration wing plan form and airfoil and made a thermal plank out of it?

Just for generalities, lets say I take the RES wing from my purple and black 3M plane shown here. And made it a electric thermal plank with a tail like the small silver and red plane shown.

What would happen?

Does a flying wing or plank require a special airfoil?

I would like to build something that flies slow and floats. Is this feasible?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Here's the pictures. I'll throw in a picture of my Retro Vintage Sailplane I designed and am scratch building just to show you what stupid things I come up with.

hog2soar is offline Find More Posts by hog2soar
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:05 AM
Find More Posts by miniphase
United Kingdom, Kent
Joined Nov 2004
922 Posts
You might find these links interesting......

Go for a thick wing section with plenty of camber and reflex if you want to go slow and floaty.
miniphase is online now Find More Posts by miniphase