HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Today, 07:26 AM
United States, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Aug 2013
516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NonStopOBOGS View Post
What's up guys, My name is Toby. I've been up in VA beach for about a year and a half now. I came across this group because I've been trying to drum up some places to fly my two F-18s and my A-6. (64mm EDF's and an 80mm EDF). Are people still flying at Three Oaks?
Hey and welcome! Not sure if edf's are allowed at 3-0 but maybe someone else can chime in. Depending on how far you are from grassfield that might be a better option as space is a lot better (if you can takeoff from grass). Also depends on how hot you fly the jets since they can eat up space very quickly...
soccerj4y is online now Find More Posts by soccerj4y
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 07:38 AM
United States, VA, Chesapeake
Joined Aug 2013
516 Posts
Anyone have a rc832 for sale? My rx turned out to be the wrong band (got in a trade) and I want to buy a 832...
soccerj4y is online now Find More Posts by soccerj4y
Old Today, 03:49 PM
F-18 Guy
Joined Jan 2015
2 Posts
Quote:
Hey and welcome! Not sure if edf's are allowed at 3-0 but maybe someone else can chime in. Depending on how far you are from grassfield that might be a better option as space is a lot better (if you can takeoff from grass). Also depends on how hot you fly the jets since they can eat up space very quickly...
My 64mm's are great for smaller places. I've gotten one of them up to around 95+ mph on my first flew flights with them. After that, I NEVER have gotten them that hot again. I can't take off grass unless it's pretty much just compact dirt, I'll end up bouncing around all over the place. Then again, I haven't been over there so I don't know what the place is like.

Typically, I'll fly small patterns, do a few touch-and-go's and that's it. I've outfitted my 64mm's with flaps so I can really slow it down if needed.
NonStopOBOGS is online now Find More Posts by NonStopOBOGS