HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 03, 2015, 09:28 PM
Joined May 2014
33 Posts
Question
Question re club membership

If I am a member of a club which is affiliated to the MAAA, then $105 of my membership fee (or thereabouts) gets sent to the MAAA to make me a member.

If I join a second club which is affiliated to the MAAA, does the second club have to send off another $105 to make me a MAAA member again even though I am already a member. Thus charging me double and letting them count me as two members even though I still get no votes. Or can I join the second club $105 cheaper?

The obvious answer to this is - ask the MAAA. But if you don't know why that is a dumb statement, you haven't asked the MAAA anything lately.
Ratticus is offline Find More Posts by Ratticus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 03, 2015, 09:31 PM
penrith
Joined May 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratticus View Post
If I am a member of a club which is affiliated to the MAAA, then $105 of my membership fee (or thereabouts) gets sent to the MAAA to make me a member.

If I join a second club which is affiliated to the MAAA, does the second club have to send off another $105 to make me a MAAA member again even though I am already a member. Thus charging me double and letting them count me as two members even though I still get no votes. Or can I join the second club $105 cheaper?

The obvious answer to this is - ask the MAAA. But if you don't know why that is a dumb statement, you haven't asked the MAAA anything lately.
You only have to pay MAAA once.
jbreptile is offline Find More Posts by jbreptile
Old Jan 03, 2015, 09:35 PM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreptile View Post
You only have to pay MAAA once.
Correct. I am a member of 3 clubs. My MAAA affiliation comes through the first club I joined. At the other 2 I am an associate member
scirocco is online now Find More Posts by scirocco
Old Jan 03, 2015, 09:37 PM
Joined May 2014
33 Posts
That is good news

Can anyone direct me to a link where this in writing?

Thanks
Ratticus is offline Find More Posts by Ratticus
Old Jan 04, 2015, 02:48 AM
Loose Sox Special Spec
Australia, SA, Modbury North
Joined Feb 2012
1,494 Posts
You'll find that written on most clubs pricing structures. They usually state membership is maaa + x but if you already have maaa then you'll only need to pay the x component.
LooseSox is offline Find More Posts by LooseSox
Old Jan 04, 2015, 02:54 AM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
3,362 Posts
Look in the MAAA FAQs http://www.maaa.asn.au/faqs

Then look at the relevant club's membership policy. eg http://cmac.org.au/doc/form/CMACMemb...ees2014_15.pdf

this is not even an issue - lots of folks are members of multiple clubs and they invariably have just 1 MAAA number.
scirocco is online now Find More Posts by scirocco