HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 28, 2015, 08:36 PM
New York
Joined Nov 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerretMaster View Post
Hello Kid,

Not sure about that particular radio but I went to the Hobby King battery section and just looked for a 2S battery that would fit into my battery compartment. Ended up with a battery specifically sized some other brand of radio than my Walkera, but it was close enough that by just a bit of dremel work it fits like a glove and plugged right in. Charge them right in place. Up-side-down is the way mine fit in so I made the photo that way.

Hope that this helps.

Merry Christmas to all out there in Forum land!

Dave/FM
A little late in response. I did find that one and I will order it this week. Thanks very much! BTW how often will it need recharge?

got this response when I asked if it would fit .."Hi John, I checked on this for you Sir, the 9XR battery will not fit the 9X series transmitters, it is too wide.

Thank you for emailing support, if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Vin
HobbyKing Support Team

I see you had to cut yours. Did you have to cut a lot? Doesn't look bad? I think I'll order it anyway. What do you think?
Thanks
kidagain is offline Find More Posts by kidagain
Last edited by kidagain; Jan 28, 2015 at 08:44 PM. Reason: added comment
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM
I just want to go fly!
United States, MD, Towson
Joined Aug 2012
2,689 Posts
i gave my ultimate a new paint job and use the power 15 with 2200 3s batts as well. flys great. im usung a 12x6 at the moment. bhoov128...do you have clearance issues with your 13 prop? sounds nice.
walter3rd is offline Find More Posts by walter3rd
Old Yesterday, 08:14 AM
United States, IN, Borden
Joined Dec 2014
28 Posts
Like I stated on a previous post I finally found a ParkZone S.E.5a in my price range. I received it in the mail and though it was a used plane, it is in perfect condition !

Before I reassemble the plane I want to weather it out making her look like a true warbird. I'm a better painter than pilot so the more time I spend painting her up and practicing on my foam park jets the better.

I would like to put a wood prop on her (i think they look better). Is this a good / bad idea and what size would you bipe pilots recommend? I'm not really into speed or extreme aerobatics.

I'm also wondering what you think the best settings would be for a very rusty pilot (Dual rates and exponential)? I have a Tactic TTX 650 radio.

To be honest, I love this plane and I'm nervous to fly her for fear of destruction !!!
SHPirate is offline Find More Posts by SHPirate
Old Yesterday, 10:38 AM
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
1,573 Posts
Hey pirate as wood props go.a xoar would b a good.choice ..around 11x7 gives her plenty of go...and providing much better authority over the tail surfaces

As for rates and expo I would say keep high rates at 100/ throw across the board with around 15-20/expo
On low rates
Ail..70/..25/expo
Elev...80/..20/expo
Rud...100/..10/expo
This should see u on your way...remember the sea is very forgiving and in my exp pretty easy to fly ...she doesn't really have any bad traits only thing she likes to hold a prop hang off of a vertical stall in wind so just make sure u have plenty of alt on initial flights....she will fly at near walking pace on a calm day
Jeff
jiggz is online now Find More Posts by jiggz
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
teaching to learn
United States, NC, Greenville
Joined Oct 2013
3,232 Posts
+1...
millerr74 is online now Find More Posts by millerr74
Old Yesterday, 08:29 PM
New York
Joined Nov 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidagain View Post
A little late in response. I did find that one and I will order it this week. Thanks very much! BTW how often will it need recharge?

got this response when I asked if it would fit .."Hi John, I checked on this for you Sir, the 9XR battery will not fit the 9X series transmitters, it is too wide.

Thank you for emailing support, if you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Vin
HobbyKing Support Team

I see you had to cut yours. Did you have to cut a lot? Doesn't look bad? I think I'll order it anyway. What do you think?
Thanks
Anyone else use this type of batt in their radio? I ordered it and per the measurements I only need to remove 2mm from box NP. Anyone know how long it will hold charge??

Thanks
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM
Foam Recycler Par Exalance
United States, AZ, Casa Grande
Joined Dec 2010
354 Posts
Quote:
Anyone else use this type of batt in their radio? I ordered it and per the measurements I only need to remove 2mm from box NP. Anyone know how long it will hold charge??

Thanks
I have not pushed mine past about 25 flights or so. Never really counted as I go by the voltage displayed on my TRX and NEVER go below 11.0 volts....period! The transmitter will work all the way down into the 9.0 volt range but battery life is much better if the discharge is kept in the 3.7-3.5 volt per cell range.

Good Luck!

Dave/FM
FerretMaster is online now Find More Posts by FerretMaster
Old Yesterday, 09:04 PM
New York
Joined Nov 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FerretMaster View Post
I have not pushed mine past about 25 flights or so. Never really counted as I go by the voltage displayed on my TRX and NEVER go below 11.0 volts....period! The transmitter will work all the way down into the 9.0 volt range but battery life is much better if the discharge is kept in the 3.7-3.5 volt per cell range.

Good Luck!

Dave/FM
Thanks Dave! I have been looking for this for a long time instead of all those AAs
Should have it next week.
Old Today, 04:55 PM
Foam Recycler Par Exalance
United States, AZ, Casa Grande
Joined Dec 2010
354 Posts
Quote:
Thanks Dave! I have been looking for this for a long time instead of all those AAs
Should have it next week.
As much as I fly I am guessing that my LiPo's in the TRX paid for themselves in about three weeks!!!
I have had myTRX HK Turnigy's for just about a year and have (I am estimating) about 40-50 charge cycles on them. At the above estimated 25 flights per charge that is somewhere around 1000- 1200 flights. If that sounds like an exageration remember I am retired and fly just about every day and put about 6-12 batteries through my chosed airframe(s) each session. If anything this is a conserative estimate.
I will leave you out there to do the math as to haw many AA batteries that equates too, but it is a **** pot full! This is one investment that every serious flyer shoud look into.

Fair weather and good flying!

Dave/FM
FerretMaster is online now Find More Posts by FerretMaster
Old Today, 05:36 PM
teaching to learn
United States, NC, Greenville
Joined Oct 2013
3,232 Posts
I have the regular rechargeable double a's in mine. Two and a half years.... I'll fly for three or four hours and just plug it in over night upon returning home. the same rechargeable four double a's that came with the spektrum transmitter. You can get rechargeable batteries at any pharmacy for around ten bucks for four, but mine seem to last forever.
millerr74 is online now Find More Posts by millerr74