HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:35 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
Cool mod. Do you know how much she weights sans battery? Best thing I found with this model was the light weight to large wings. When I through a prop blade gliding down was not only easy it was a joy.

Not near my shop for a fewdays. Will weigh real soon - E
Eric Henderson is online now Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mental hang-nails
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2015, 07:22 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2012
2,297 Posts
No drama just curiously. Drag and stuff will be different too
Griphin is online now Find More Posts by Griphin
Old Jan 25, 2015, 12:37 PM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Dec 2005
1,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griphin View Post
No drama just curiously. Drag and stuff will be different too

My expereience with EDF twins vs. prop singles and twins, is that the EDF when off has a lot less drag than the prop. I flew the water bomber at low throttle and no throttle and she did very well. The stall point changed quite a bit when I fitted two 3S 5000mAh packs. Had to keep up the airspeed quite a bit for landing. With two 2800's I could "float" her in. The landing gear handled the weight well and did not side tip as I had feared.

I need to redesign the wing struts. The plastic clevises pop off all of the time. The wings were fitted with CF spars which made them very stiff and I may dispense with the struts - may not! Decisions, decisions.....

E.
Eric Henderson is online now Find More Posts by Eric Henderson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mental hang-nails
Old Jan 25, 2015, 03:51 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Henderson View Post
I need to redesign the wing struts. The plastic clevises pop off all of the time. The wings were fitted with CF spars which made them very stiff and I may dispense with the struts - may not! Decisions, decisions.....
In mine i installed a CF spar (not very big .. a flat 5mm X 1) from one nacelle to the other... glued both wings with slow epoxy and also afterwards glued a 3mm plywood seat to avoid chaffing the rear screw supoorts (wich get crushed over time) .. and went away with the struts..

Never had any even minimal wing flexing.. not even in the air..

Granted i dont fly aerobatics with this (a roll and a loop from time to time but mostly scale flying) but wings seem quite solid..
JLT_GTI is online now Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
Old Jan 25, 2015, 05:52 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
2,409 Posts
Eric..If you really want to keep the struts you may want to check out the Dynam Catalina or the Flyzone beaver https://www.google.com.au/search?q=f...Y2GQqvcjuLk%3D

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=D...Jt8HgFT86Zk%3D
agedflier is online now Find More Posts by agedflier