New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2015, 09:41 AM
Find More Posts by Cromusz
Joined Apr 2015
3 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. Faint of heart would be a good description, haha. So a new flight controller is what I'm looking for then?

I may end up just buying a new BNF and using the old quad for parts. That means I'll be out of the hobby for a while while I save up the money for the new quad. It was fun while it lasted
Cromusz is offline Find More Posts by Cromusz
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by antslake
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
3,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromusz View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. Faint of heart would be a good description, haha. So a new flight controller is what I'm looking for then?

I may end up just buying a new BNF and using the old quad for parts. That means I'll be out of the hobby for a while while I save up the money for the new quad. It was fun while it lasted
All you need is a pencil soldering iron. Look up on youtube how to replace mosfets and smd. Takes a few minutes and a couple dollars.
antslake is offline Find More Posts by antslake
Old Apr 21, 2015, 01:35 PM
Find More Posts by Cromusz
Joined Apr 2015
3 Posts
I do have the soldering iron so I'd be good in that dept. Looking online, it looks to be about a month wait for the mosfets to ship from China. The videos make it look pretty easy to remove them, but I've below novice in skill level.
Cromusz is offline Find More Posts by Cromusz
Old Apr 21, 2015, 02:15 PM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
3,023 Posts
You can probably pay a few dollars more and get a mosfet state side from like digikey.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 02:25 PM
Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Ain't crashing often anymore
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,938 Posts
A Flight controller could be a bit easier to solder.

Search for H107D-A03

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
Old Apr 21, 2015, 06:19 PM
Find More Posts by JonEQuest
Joined Apr 2015
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbelo View Post
I'm not sure about your problem, but running two antennas in parallel on your receiver will degrade the performance for sure. Either you use the external antenna and disconnect the original one or use the original one only.
I had a couple of problems that are now SOLVED! In the transmitter disconnected the OEM antenna since I had made the new plug for an external dipole antenna. Then I STILL had crappy FPV signal.. better, but static at ~25'. Now I know why. On the quad my little straw rig was cracked at the top (which I didn't mind) BUT it hid the fact that the stock antenna had broken off at where the wire exits the barrel = NO antenna. To make a new dipole for the quad I took the leftover piece of wire with the small board connector end that I cut off the lead with the SMA screw base for the transmitter. What I had leftover was just a piece of coax wire with the little board connector end. I unsoldered the metal barrel from the stock antenna and soldered it to the new much longer wire shield after stripping back an inch or so. Then found some article on the web that said 12.92mm was the length to leave exposed for 5.8ghz. I cut it down to ~.5" (12.9mm) past the barrel. I ran it up through the top of the body. To make it stand up and not flop around I put some heat shrink on the bottom part of it and then hot glued that heat shrink to the body. It stands up but can be folded down to put in my carry case and close the lid. A crash or two today didn't seem to hurt it a bit either.

To match the frequency for the transmitter antenna I took the cone an old DLink wifi router antenna and simply cut the exposed antenna wire as close as possible to the same length as the one on the quad. My results are AMAZING! FPV is clear and as a test I put my quad on a garbage can in front of my house and walked several hundred feet until I was at the fence at the end of the street. Only at the last 50' did I get some static and it still had a decent picture with little drop out. Estimating by the width of lots in my neighborhood and the empty lot I walked to the back of, I was over 500' away with a decent picture. I was in line of sight (barely) and not flying since the wind was too much to fly in today, but my range may give similar results when flying as there will not be anything in my line of sight path when it is in the air. Here are some pics of what I did. Cost was pretty much nothing but parts and the wire I bought online.
JonEQuest is offline Find More Posts by JonEQuest
Old Apr 23, 2015, 02:15 PM
k9d
Find More Posts by k9d
k9d
Joined Mar 2015
6 Posts
My co-worker and I made a video featuring footage from my h107d, analog video synths and some footage from the creative commons.

BUNNY BLOOMERS 4 CREATIVE JAM (1 min 26 sec)

We won BEST MOTION DESIGN at a "creative jam" hosted by Adobe and SODA
k9d is offline Find More Posts by k9d
Old Apr 23, 2015, 03:54 PM
Find More Posts by JonEQuest
Joined Apr 2015
18 Posts
Umm....
JonEQuest is offline Find More Posts by JonEQuest
Old Apr 23, 2015, 03:58 PM
Find More Posts by dbacon
Shelby Twp, MI
Joined May 2006
2,174 Posts
Yes...Thanks for sharing
dbacon is online now Find More Posts by dbacon
Old Apr 23, 2015, 05:21 PM
How high will it go?
Greenwood Lake NY
Joined Oct 2003
3,023 Posts
That was.....spacey Glad I didnt turn it off before the blonde lol.
Old Today, 01:26 AM
Find More Posts by Gearbest
Hong Kong
Joined May 2014
282 Posts
Just a heads up. Don't miss this deal:

Hubsan x4 H107D $132.99 with free shipping, ships from USA warehouse with 24 hours

Regards,
Alta

NOTICE: please don't put other products which is not in this page into the same order if you want the package ships from USA.
Gearbest is offline Find More Posts by Gearbest
Last edited by Gearbest; Today at 02:07 AM.
Old Today, 05:32 AM
Find More Posts by TomC
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
2,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by antslake View Post
That was.....spacey Glad I didnt turn it off before the blonde lol.
Probably the silliest, most useless h107d vid (if it actually was one) that I have ever seen on RCG. The blonde blowing in/out bubble gum is def suggestive imho.

Hopefully RCG Mods will take corrective actions.
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC