HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 22, 2012, 05:10 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,458 Posts
Question
Replacement duct exhaust

The repaired F16 I have ... when given the rear duct piece - noted it was angled ..

The angle matched the fuselage and so I fitted it. But I'm having concerns about the internal duct angles ...

The Duct aligns with the fuselage nicely BUT if I place a straight edge into the duct I get :

Placed along inside bottom of this tail pipe - the edge has an angle of about 5 degrees up from horizontal ... basically indicating that thrust line will push tail DOWN.

If I place straight edge along inside top of this tail pipe - the edge lies in line with fuselage ... indicating a straight thrust line ...

I'm looking for opinions / views on whether I should cut and angle the tail pipe slightly to obtain an averaged thrust line straight with fuselage ?

The model is the Lanxui 70mm F16.

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
to remove ads between posts