HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:36 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
+1 for Bob at Rchelistore. He has shipped extremely fast and is a really nice guy.
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 06:40 PM
United States, ND, Bismarck
Joined Mar 2012
299 Posts
I ordered my mini cp and devo 8s from Bob at helircstore early this year and have been doing business with him ever since. Very fast shipping. +1 to him.
flint723 is offline Find More Posts by flint723
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:15 PM
United States, OR, Vernonia
Joined Dec 2004
126 Posts
Still havent heard from WOW will let you know when i do!!! Mike
iflyrvs1 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrvs1
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, OR, Vernonia
Joined Dec 2004
126 Posts
I am going to try Walkerahelicoptersupply they are right up the road from me. If they keep a good supply of 120s parts i will be their next new customer.
iflyrvs1 is offline Find More Posts by iflyrvs1
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:42 PM
Brent 黑雁
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Sweet, i've been waiting to hear some people talk about those sites. I did become frustrated using their sites, while navigating for the parts i was looking for. I probably just have to get used to it. I'll have to give them a shot later.

I've heard good things about rchelistore, but i don't like shopping with new people until i get some reviews. So thanks for these guys. I previously thought walkerahelicopersupply was not in the US. I don't know why. Maybe their web site design made me feel like that. But i noticed that they are recognized by the BBB. So unless that is just a icon they slapped up there. That alone goes a long way as far as trust in transactions go. I don't know why i never noticed anyone else displaying such accolades.... OH YEAH.. They don't have any.
On my old online store, I had the official BBB logo. It was required that it link to the BBB site that you belong to so it went directly to your profile.
You have to pay them for that privalidge. I am still a member for 25 years, but am not willing to pay anymore. Maybe that's why they created their own logo.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:19 PM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
+1 for Bob at Rchelistore. He has shipped extremely fast and is a really nice guy.
+1.
I ordered some parts from him before, but forgot to include the item the thing I actually needed. Called him up the next morning before it gets out. Told him I need one more thing & charge just my CCard. He said, he'll throw it in the box for FREE and don't sweat about it.
Invoice in the box shows NC (no charge) when i got my order.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Dec 06, 2012, 10:47 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Looks like i will be giving these stores both a shot here since they seem to be highly recommended. Well, RChelistore.com anyway. I suppose i don't have to be as cautious as i once was when i started the hobby. Making $100-300 orders with people you don't know much about is nerve racking some times. Especially when you are basically living pay check to pay check. I will continue to use wow hobbies, if they ever fix this issue. I'm sure they will, at some point. I would prefer to remain loyal with them for at least some of my orders since they have been reliable for me in the past and do handle shipping, normally, very well. Since in all honesty they have tried their very best for me and any legitimate issue i have had in the past. They gave me just compensation when a new 2702V i purchased failed in flight. They have also exchanged items and worked with me in other ways. On any emails i have sent asking them for information or support about a product. They have actually always seemed to be honest about it. I just want to highlight some of the good too. I feel that mentioning the good, not just ragging on them is only right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iflyrvs1 View Post
I am going to try Walkerahelicoptersupply they are right up the road from me. If they keep a good supply of 120s parts i will be their next new customer.
Do they have a store/show room? Lots are online only but they allow local pickup too. It would be cool if they had a open store you could just stop by and pick up your parts. This WAS the reason why i thought i might buy a Align next. But even my LHS's don't keep a lot of Align in stock. Especially for the sizes above 500. They have some parts but have no kits available that i know of and will only order them for you. It would be sweet to have a Walkera shop where you could just swoop in, stock up and go home and fix your pile of Walkera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
On my old online store, I had the official BBB logo. It was required that it link to the BBB site that you belong to so it went directly to your profile.
You have to pay them for that privalidge. I am still a member for 25 years, but am not willing to pay anymore. Maybe that's why they created their own logo.
Yeah, i knew it was something like that. I thought it was weird when i clicked the BBB logo that it simply redirected to the main page. This is why i mentioned that it seemed like they just slapped a logo up there. But they couldn't get away with that without being a member for long without a law suit or something, i'm pretty sure? But honestly, i doubt anyone is checking up, looking, or gives a flying Walkera about any of that. I'm probably the first cynical idiot that even noticed.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:13 PM
fernie bc canada
Joined Dec 2009
520 Posts
I got a Nano a while back and been flying that , I got my 120Do2S going again but after flying the Nano ( even with +40 expo) , the 120 feels like an over weight slugish fat bee !! the fat I can deal with but the slugish feels terrible now , what can I do to improve response ? or is that just the way the gyro is ?
joliecoeur13 is offline Find More Posts by joliecoeur13
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:54 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joliecoeur13 View Post
I got a Nano a while back and been flying that , I got my 120Do2S going again but after flying the Nano ( even with +40 expo) , the 120 feels like an over weight slugish fat bee !! the fat I can deal with but the slugish feels terrible now , what can I do to improve response ? or is that just the way the gyro is ?
No, your probably feeling the weight. The nano is SUPER light and has a good power to mass ratio. The V120D02S has a pretty good motor in it. But there is better. It will run you around $50. You can install a few different motors. I would recommend the HP08-S 16,500kv or the Turbo Ace 215. The HP08-S will either need to be soldered to the ESC or have motor pins soldered on the wires to match the stock ESC motor plug. The Turbo Ace 215 comes with or without the motor pins installed. BOTH will require you to install your own pinion. The stock pinion can be used, but you will need a pinion puller to yank it off your old motor. There are a few other options but those are the best two that i know of right now and have personally used. I have also used the Extreme spin 16,300kv. It does not seem to have as much torque as the others but did have better performance over the stock motors and higher head speed. It does come with the pins installed, but again. You will have to install the pinion.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:16 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
V120D02S 6Axis
I have both the 3axis and 6axis. I din't have my 3 axis today which I like better.
I don't use clutch on any. I have bent 4 of the Ben's tail shaft (shaft, $6 each?). So I decided to just go back to stock tail. I have only stripped 2 gears since then. I just try to be careful and avoid being aggressive and low. Or fly the 130's instead.
This 6 axis is a handful for me to fly when there is some wind, unlike the 3 axis. I'm just new to the hobby so part of it is my limited flying experience. I honestly did not have luck learning to fly as good with both my 120s. I learned pretty quick from my 130X. I have 2 of the 130X as well & both are rock solid tail now. At first, one of them had a bit of tail vib on spool up (out of the box) but did not bother or affected my learning due to it's power (less crashes due to "bogging"). Plus, the the 130X is a lot more precise, does what my thumbs do. Very little down time during my learning process due to it's durability which was a plus. Few minutes walk to my LHS if I have to spend $4-$6 repair is one more thing.
After learning collective management with my 130X, I went back with my 120. Now I could fly my 120's and go home without something to fix, most of the time.

I flew much better yesterday, since it was really calm but did not have a camera with me.

- Both my 120s is stock tail.
- I fly them for about 9 minutes with my $3.20 lipos - http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...120_X100_.html
- 130x Main blades is the only mod.
- I use the stock skids with JBweld epoxy at the "hip joints" to prevent it from breaking.
- The rudder pushrod was secured and it's ball link was also JB welded.

00198 (5 min 20 sec)

120 1080p (5 min 11 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Dec 08, 2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:00 AM
Folding Spacetime
United States, CA, Fullerton
Joined Jul 2011
1,975 Posts
Integrity, what size pinion are you running with those motors?
navigator2011 is offline Find More Posts by navigator2011
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:55 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
V120D02S 6Axis
I have both the 3axis and 6axis. I din't have my 3 axis today which I like better.
I don't use clutch on any. I have bent 4 of the Ben's tail shaft (clutch, $6 each?). So I decided to just go back to stock tail. I have only stripped 2 gears since then. I just try to be careful and avoid being aggressive and low. Or fly the 130's instead.
This 6 axis is a handful for me to fly when there is some wind, unlike the 3 axis. I'm just new to the hobby so part of it is my limited flying experience. I honestly did not have luck learning to fly as good with both my 120s. I learned pretty quick from my 130X. I have 2 of the 130X as well & both are rock solid tail now. At first, one of them had a bit of tail vib on spool up (out of the box) but did not bother or affected my learning due to it's power (less crashes due to "bogging"). Plus, the the 130X is a lot more precise, does what my thumbs do. Very little down time during my learning process due to it's durability which was a plus. Few minutes walk to my LHS if I have to spend $4-$6 repair is one more thing.
After learning collective management with my 130X, I went back with my 120. Now I could fly my 120's and go home without something to fix, most of the time.

I flew much better yesterday, since it was really calm but did not have a camera with me.

- Both my 120s is stock tail.
- I fly them for about 9 minutes with my $3.20 lipos - http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...120_X100_.html
- 130x Main blades is the only mod.
- I use the stock skids with JBweld epoxy at the "hip joints" to prevent it from breaking.
- The rudder pushrod was secured and it's ball link was also JB welded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R79weuIE70U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqGVjSxTs88
Nice flights man. Your doing pretty good there. I don't know if i mentioned it here or not. But i did get to test hover/fly a 130X. It had a slight tail resonance on spool up too. Once in the air it seemed to calm down and fly fine. While on the ground vibing around i looked at the guy and he just kind of grinned and nodded. lol.

How many cycles have you put on your turnigy 950 packs so far? Mine all seemed to degrade quickly no matter who makes them. As far as 850-950 mAh packs go anyway. But honestly, there was a period where they were at full charge for weeks without being used. But so did my stock D02S packs and they still work fine. I honestly cant get 30 seconds of flight with any of my bigger packs anymore. They all still read 4.2v too i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
Integrity, what size pinion are you running with those motors?
My D02S is outfitted with the 215 motor right now. At one point i was going to go down to a 8T pinion to see how that worked out. But i stuck with the stock 10T pinion and use the stunt mode switch to adjust the head speed with the throttle curve. This way on the really windy days it will fight it pretty well and i can actually run it at 100% throttle and get 3 minute flights. Otherwise i run it at 90% or something around there.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 03:20 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Nice flights man. Your doing pretty good there. I don't know if i mentioned it here or not. But i did get to test hover/fly a 130X. It had a slight tail resonance on spool up too. Once in the air it seemed to calm down and fly fine. While on the ground vibing around i looked at the guy and he just kind of grinned and nodded. lol.

How many cycles have you put on your turnigy 950 packs so far? Mine all seemed to degrade quickly no matter who makes them. As far as 850-950 mAh packs go anyway. But honestly, there was a period where they were at full charge for weeks without being used. But so did my stock D02S packs and they still work fine. I honestly cant get 30 seconds of flight with any of my bigger packs anymore. They all still read 4.2v too i think.

One way of getting the most out of these lipos is not leaving them charged. Many of us does not know that. I usually charge my lipos (already half charged) on my way to the filed, in my trunk. If I have to go home, and my lipo is fully charged, I would at least run them on the ground for a minute, just so they are not fully charged while sitting in my box. Any lipo with 40C or higher could easily degrade it's life span. The lower C rating lipos are not that sensitive but will also affect it's life span and performance if kept fully charged. The 4.2V does not mean anything. That's just the potential difference between the terminals. If the lipo chemistry is going bad, that voltage will drop under load. So you need to make sure lipo chemistry is taken care the way they should be. More so, if you go GO BIG. My large batteries are broken-in before I use them. I do 3-5C discharge rate 'till they are 3.85V per cell 4-5X (or cylcles)
I'm only using stock motor. After 9 minutes, they are just warm. So no stress on my lipos. I have 4 pcs of them.On a calm day, I sometimes fly them 3 hours none stop (2 days/ week) using my charger with my added ports. I would say around 200 flights between the four lipos with no performance difference since I got them & from take off to landing. Heat is another enemy of lipos. The stock motor does not pull much current, so it could be one reason why my lipos are still good. Some guys would fly their 130X twice in a row (4min each), and I'm still flying the 120 with the same lipo
The charger on the picture is 2AMP max on 4S = 0.5A charge rate MAX per cell. I made some extra ports and terminals so I could charge different lipos and friends could charge too. I could charge 12 lipos (1S &2S) simultaneously including the stock ports. I was thinking of upgrading my 120 motor but there is no point, since I have the 130X. This charger charges/balances each cell independently.

The tail vib on spool up on the 130 is usually caused by the tail shaft not square (90*) with the hub. I bought 3 brand new shafts and only one was good. I run them 3X (install & removed). I marked them with red, blue & black marker respectively. Each time I try to re-install the shaft, that same shaft will vibrate the same intensity. One was good out of the 3. Four of us flew 130X today including one maiden. None of us has any tail vib or shake. Shake is easy to fix. Silicon grommets and gyro adjustment will take care of it 100%. Apparently, the 3axis gyro , by default is set at the mid point. The Rudder, Ail and elevator needs to be adjusted if shakes is present during fast speed flights, and could take as much as 6clicks to lower the gain. Tail wag = too much tail gyro gain. Body shake = Too much Ail. If it is flying like a horse or Kangaroo = too much Elev gain. Spool up Vib = bad tail shaft or scotch tape on the tail blade is the possible fix.
- Spyro

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_Capable.html
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Dec 07, 2012 at 03:44 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:28 AM
United States, TX, Cypress
Joined Jan 2012
399 Posts
hmm, good post... taking note as my nanos go bad pretty quick. Anyone know of a technique to restore the lipos that go bad. I have about 5 small 80 mah eflite batteries that went bad from keeping them charged and not using them I put them in the freezer for a month partly charged, took them out recharged and a few came back to life. Wondering as I have quite a few under used lipos, mainly nanos that just will not power my genius anymore. I have a new V120 and batteries coming from Santa and I need to start taking care of my lipos.
bobfa is offline Find More Posts by bobfa
Old Dec 07, 2012, 10:26 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,201 Posts
Make sure that the voltage on your lipo is no less than 3.7V after flight.
If it comes down @ 3.6V, you just took 10days off his life .
Use your Tx timer. Never use "power loss" during flight as your timer.
These are important to me as I can't afford keep buying lipos for my big planes and jets.
I learned my lesson the hardway. Of course HobbyKing does not tell how to take care of lipos
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build