SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 12, 2014, 04:56 PM
Just love shooting the breeze.
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined May 2006
28 Posts
Hi Aussie Dave
Thanks for your encouragement.
I will clear the bench of repairs and these two half pipe models and get these plans printed.
I have a three way of a Mosquito.
Would be most interested in your method of reproduction.
Thorn o

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieDave View Post
Hi Gary
Will have to do that hog build together for your first build with corflute. The mosquito we will have to build it off a 3 view drawing from there we can build it to any size you want. I will help you as much as i can with mine and your building skill it will not take long for you to pick it up.
Gary Thornton is offline Find More Posts by Gary Thornton
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2014, 05:11 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Dec 2012
24 Posts
Hey Gary

Check this out...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2208432

there is one more 72" slope soarer out somewhere in RCGroups will find and post it for you

Cheers
Ponappa is offline Find More Posts by Ponappa
Last edited by Ponappa; Oct 14, 2014 at 05:23 AM.
Old Oct 15, 2014, 04:53 AM
India, KA, Bangalore
Joined Dec 2012
24 Posts
Here's a pic

Hi found this on RCGroups waaaay back 2012? So need to search the link further.
Cheers
Ponappa is offline Find More Posts by Ponappa
Old Oct 16, 2014, 11:23 PM
.....till the wind drops.
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Joined Oct 2006
3,581 Posts
Beautifull!!.............the guys from CAPE TOWN should help identify the pilot!...........looks like Chapmans Peak!
Sean Oelofse is offline Find More Posts by Sean Oelofse
Old Oct 19, 2014, 01:56 AM
South Africa, EC, Port Elizabeth
Joined Oct 2012
218 Posts
New nosecone for L39x Albatross

The albatross finally has the nose it deserves...
I tried something different this time - laminated 4mm correx centre for impact strength and foam on the sides for the shape. A wooden block of this size would be too heavy. Turned out pretty well - still need to test on the landings!
TrevorJS is offline Find More Posts by TrevorJS
Old Oct 20, 2014, 04:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, Caterham
Joined Jan 2012
51 Posts
What a winner, Trevor. Very lekker.

I have just located the October 1997 RCM&E, which has a plan for the Aero L-59 by Cyril Carr. Apparently it was designed for sloping too.
rondavel is offline Find More Posts by rondavel
Old Oct 21, 2014, 01:15 AM
United States, OR, Tualatin
Joined Apr 2005
2,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondavel View Post
What a winner, Trevor. Very lekker.

I have just located the October 1997 RCM&E, which has a plan for the Aero L-59 by Cyril Carr. Apparently it was designed for sloping too.
Would love to see a picture of that one.
Looked up the L-59 on the web and found it to be almost identical to the L-39. FWIW, the 59 is heaver and faster with the L39 (537 mph vs. 485mph). I have an old Vern Hunt L-39 kit that I am going to dust off and build.
TomFlyer is offline Find More Posts by TomFlyer
Last edited by TomFlyer; Oct 21, 2014 at 01:39 AM. Reason: More information
Old Yesterday, 02:15 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined May 2012
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorJS View Post
The albatross finally has the nose it deserves...
I tried something different this time - laminated 4mm correx centre for impact strength and foam on the sides for the shape. A wooden block of this size would be too heavy. Turned out pretty well - still need to test on the landings!
I recently made a nosecone for a correx polaris from a pool noodle and it worked out very well - I suspect it would be equally good for a sloper as the pool noodle foam is far more tolerant to abuse than polystyrene. Technique is simple - carve the noodle to the approx. shape, then use a normal clothes iron (cover with aluminium foil and test for correct temp) to melt the final curves. This melting step gives a nice smooth finish and makes the foam a bit more rigid.

Possible drawback is that vinyl and paints probably won't stick particularly well to this type of foam.
Extreme Sports is offline Find More Posts by Extreme Sports