SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 29, 2014, 05:39 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,601 Posts
Gregor, I'm guessing the previous owner had a Hyperion 1420i NET3 which will charge up to 14S on a single power lead but uses two separate 7S balance connectors. AFAIK only that charger uses such a configuration and the internal balancer circuitry protects against misconnection of the balance leads. For any other purpose it is an accident waiting to happen!

John
jj604 is online now Find More Posts by jj604
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2014, 05:54 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604 View Post
Gregor, I'm guessing the previous owner had a Hyperion 1420i NET3 which will charge up to 14S on a single power lead but uses two separate 7S balance connectors. AFAIK only that charger uses such a configuration and the internal balancer circuitry protects against misconnection of the balance leads. For any other purpose it is an accident waiting to happen!

John
The Cellpro10s and 10XP also work that way and have protection circuits. But looking at the lower balance lead, it looks like some recovery work was done on a few of the wires.

If you know what you are doing you have a 50/50 chance of not making an error using an iCharger 3010b or 4010b with the included serial balance board. For those less familiar with pack wiring, the odds are much worse Why, oh why, does any vendor sell a pack is more likely to be damaged than charged the first time the user connects it to their charger? That's rhetorical, no response required.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Oct 02, 2014, 04:37 PM
uk
Joined Nov 2010
418 Posts
I'm Glad this happened, makes it so much sweeter.
http://www.revolectrix.com/support_docs/item_1445.pdf
traxx de maxx is offline Find More Posts by traxx de maxx
Old Oct 02, 2014, 05:05 PM
Tombsy
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jan 2009
141 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxx de maxx View Post
I'm Glad this happened, makes it so much sweeter.
http://www.revolectrix.com/support_docs/item_1445.pdf
Yeah pretty sweet, I had it up and running in 10 minutes.
Pescador is offline Find More Posts by Pescador
Old Oct 19, 2014, 09:23 AM
Joined Dec 2009
196 Posts
hello guys,
i was wondering if it is OK to turn PL8 off before unplugging the balance lead (but after disconnecting the charge one).
thanks.
Can'tFly is offline Find More Posts by Can'tFly
Old Oct 19, 2014, 03:15 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tFly View Post
hello guys,
i was wondering if it is OK to turn PL8 off before unplugging the balance lead (but after disconnecting the charge one).
thanks.
Its OK, but I would not do it. The main reason for workflow consistency. Many chargers will be damaged if you power up the charger with a pack connected. If get in the habit of leaving the pack connected while powering off the charger, its not a big leap to forgetting to disconnect the pack. Then later, you accidently power up the charger with the pack connected. If you only ever use a Powerlab, its not an issue. But its a habit that may not go so well with other chargers.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Oct 19, 2014, 03:38 PM
Joined Dec 2009
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
Its OK, but I would not do it. The main reason for workflow consistency. Many chargers will be damaged if you power up the charger with a pack connected. If get in the habit of leaving the pack connected while powering off the charger, its not a big leap to forgetting to disconnect the pack. Then later, you accidently power up the charger with the pack connected. If you only ever use a Powerlab, its not an issue. But its a habit that may not go so well with other chargers.
thanks a lot, Gregor.
Can'tFly is offline Find More Posts by Can'tFly