SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 05, 2015, 10:08 PM
Find More Posts by RunCam
Joined Feb 2014
749 Posts
Discussion
RunCam HD APP is now available at GooglePlay !

Hi Guys,

Good News

RunCam HD Android APP is now available at GooglePlay. Android smartphone users could log in to your GooglePlay account to download the APP.

The RunCam HD APP makes it easy to configure the settings of your camera:

• Video settings of 1080p/720p (Frame Rate, WDR, etc.).
• Photo settings (Resolution, Quality, etc.).
• General settings (Date, TV Mode, etc.).
• Firmware upgrade.

We'd love to know what you think about this APP and feel free to post your feedback here.

We endeavour to improve the APP and bring a pleasant experience to you. Have fun with your RunCamHD camera!

RunCamHD: http://shop.runcam.com/runcam-hd/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/runcam4FPV

Email: Run@RunCam.com

TEL: +1(702)997-2220
RunCam is offline Find More Posts by RunCam
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2015, 08:32 PM
Find More Posts by ican3d
flying ninja!
Joined Jun 2011
1,346 Posts
Installed the apps, really happy the ease setting up my runcam hd out on the field. Thumbs up. Will do some more test and post my review at my website soon.
ican3d is offline Find More Posts by ican3d
Old Jul 10, 2015, 02:20 AM
Joined Feb 2014
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ican3d View Post
Installed the apps, really happy the ease setting up my runcam hd out on the field. Thumbs up. Will do some more test and post my review at my website soon.
Thank you !
Old Jul 15, 2015, 02:35 PM
Find More Posts by Gotvaldas
Lithuania, Kaunas County, Jonava
Joined May 2015
18 Posts
Ive downloaded the APP on Samsung galaxy S3. Ive used Option 3 (removing the memory card from camera and placing it in the phone).
At first I couldnt do anything, when i was trying to download the firmware to the memory card it said ''...something wrong happened, make sure your network is ok and try again later''. I decided to update the firmware using commputer. After that, the APP worked, ive connected to the app using option 3 and it allowed me to tweak the camera settings. But! It wouldnt save any. Everytime i put the memomy card in my camera would go to default settings.
There is no "SAVE" button, and it says something like this: after youre done turn off the app (device maybe) and reboot the camera. Ive tried exiting the app, then removing the card, Turning off the phone while in the app, then removing card again.
Nothing worked, nothing saved my settings.

Am i doing something wrong?
This app is a great idea, because i cannot use my computer to make any changes to the camera.

What this APP really needs is "SAVE" button in my opinion. When you press "SAVE" you should be able to decide where do you want to save the changes (like in pc version, you need to place the .bin file in the camera folder).
Gotvaldas is offline Find More Posts by Gotvaldas
Old Jul 16, 2015, 03:33 AM
Joined Feb 2014
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotvaldas View Post
Ive downloaded the APP on Samsung galaxy S3. Ive used Option 3 (removing the memory card from camera and placing it in the phone).
At first I couldnt do anything, when i was trying to download the firmware to the memory card it said ''...something wrong happened, make sure your network is ok and try again later''. I decided to update the firmware using commputer. After that, the APP worked, ive connected to the app using option 3 and it allowed me to tweak the camera settings. But! It wouldnt save any. Everytime i put the memomy card in my camera would go to default settings.
There is no "SAVE" button, and it says something like this: after youre done turn off the app (device maybe) and reboot the camera. Ive tried exiting the app, then removing the card, Turning off the phone while in the app, then removing card again.
Nothing worked, nothing saved my settings.

Am i doing something wrong?
This app is a great idea, because i cannot use my computer to make any changes to the camera.

What this APP really needs is "SAVE" button in my opinion. When you press "SAVE" you should be able to decide where do you want to save the changes (like in pc version, you need to place the .bin file in the camera folder).
Hi Gotvaldas,

I am sorry to know that.

1. When App is failed to query firmware information from our server , you will get the error. We supposed this problem would be caused for the network conditions are different in different areas. Please try it again for a few more times.

2. Using the APP to download the latest firmware, and put the SD card back to camera and to upgrade the firmware.
Next time you insert the MicroSD card to the phone, the App will automatically identify this MicroSD card, and allows you to enter the settings.
Then, you set the any of the parameters, they will be immediately saved to SD card, when you finish the settings, please exit the App. Removing the SD card from the Phone, and insert it back to the camera, and turn on the camera, the settings will be applied to the camera.

3. The APP is not with a " Save" button, it is because the changes are saved real time.

4. If it is still not working after step2, the configuration file cannot be saved successfully to the root directory of the Micro SD card, please offer us the log file of the APP. The address of the log file is: sdcard0\RunCamHD\RunCamLog2015xxxx.log
Please send it to our email address: Run@RunCam.com, we will forward it to our engineer to check it again.

5. If the system of your phone is Android 4.4, then your phone may get a well-known issue of Android 4.4: it does not have the ability to write files to the external MicroSD card. For more information you can refer to link here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=nextapp.sdfix

Please try it again and let us know the results.

Best Regards,
Bob
Old Jul 19, 2015, 06:50 PM
Find More Posts by axgarr
Joined Jul 2015
1 Posts
I did not know

I did not know about this app, i´m glad to have it now, Here is my experience with it so far.
I connected the runcam to my nexus 5 but the app did not recognize the previous settings from my pc, even the firmware was not recognized and everytime I push the update button on the app it updates firmware, once i configured everything on the phone it recognizes the settings everytime. One more thing I noticed is that the runcam must be on to be registered by the app.
It is nice to see the developers are working hard to make a fine product but for us users it is a little hard to not feel like beta testers
axgarr is offline Find More Posts by axgarr
Old Jul 20, 2015, 05:28 AM
Joined Feb 2014
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axgarr View Post
I did not know about this app, i´m glad to have it now, Here is my experience with it so far.
I connected the runcam to my nexus 5 but the app did not recognize the previous settings from my pc, even the firmware was not recognized and everytime I push the update button on the app it updates firmware, once i configured everything on the phone it recognizes the settings everytime. One more thing I noticed is that the runcam must be on to be registered by the app.
It is nice to see the developers are working hard to make a fine product but for us users it is a little hard to not feel like beta testers
Hi axgarr,

Thanks for your feedback.

"the app did not recognize the previous settings from my pc, "
"that the runcam must be on to be registered by the app."

We need to check with our engineer and will get back to you soon.

Best Regards,
Bob
Old Jul 21, 2015, 05:39 AM
Joined Feb 2014
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axgarr View Post
Hi axgarr,

Sorry for keep you waiting.

1)
"the app did not recognize the previous settings from my pc”, please check if the camera is with latest firmware V15.6.17.11 and software V1.43?
Which file did you copy from PC to your phone?

When you update this camera to the latest firmware, the APP will scan DUMPCFGINFO.bin file saved on SD card files during start-up, this file is used to read the firmware version and current configurations of this camera. This file will be automatically generated every time you turn on the camera.
Normally, if you delete this file manually, when you connect this camera to your phone (or insert the SD card of the camera to your phone ), it will automatically identify this file once you run the App, and the current settings of the camera will be loaded into the App as well. So, if you have upgraded it to the latest firmware, you do not need to copy the DUMPCFGINFO.bin file from your computer to your phone.

2) “ the firmware was not recognized”, After downloading the firmware on your phone, disconnect the camera, and restart the HD, the update will be applied.
Next time you open the App, it won't ask you to the firmware (reason: As stpe1 said, the latest firmware has been saved in DUMPCFGINFO.bin file)

3). "The runcam must be on to be registered by the app"
Don't need to turn on the camera manually, just connect it to your phone, the indicator A will show green light, and the camera will be recognized by your phone.

4). How did you connect the camera to you PC? We have 3 options, please advise.

Waiting for your reply.

Best Regards,
Bob
Old Jul 21, 2015, 12:17 PM
Find More Posts by Chad2323
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Nov 2005
2,159 Posts
Not able to find the app in the store. I'm using a 7 inch tablet with the current 5.0 Android. Doe it only work with version 4.4 of Android is that the problem?

Thank's
Chad2323 is online now Find More Posts by Chad2323
Old Jul 22, 2015, 05:14 AM
Joined Feb 2014
749 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad2323 View Post
Not able to find the app in the store. I'm using a 7 inch tablet with the current 5.0 Android. Doe it only work with version 4.4 of Android is that the problem?

Thank's
Hi Chad2323,

Sorry to know that.

You can download the APP from link here:
http://www.securitycamera2000.com/do....runcam.hd.apk

Please install on your tablet and feel free to send us your feedback.

Best Regards,
Bob