Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Official Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_V939 View Post
Got it.
In webcam mode the LOW BATTERY warning refers to phone then?....
Apps Mobius USB Tools does contain extensive Help; extract from: Help, Play Video Settings, Low Battery Level:
Quote:
  • A low battery limit can be configured to protect phone/tablet battery from getting drained while playing/recording video or taking pictures.
  • When battery level reaches the configured level, all video/photo buttons are disabled, a LOW BATTERY warning flashes on the screen, and any active video playing/recording is stopped automatically.
  • By selecting Auto-close app, this app will also close itself when configured battery level is reached.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_V939 View Post
And sometimes in webcam mode I got a flickering image (not depending on the 50-60Hz).
I have seen this flickering problem as well; the flickering disappeared when using a micro-to-mini OTG Adapter.
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000
to remove ads between posts
Old Today, 02:06 AM
Live Free and Fly
Joined Apr 2013
378 Posts
Hi, is the Mobius focus solely a factor of physically focusing it by shortening/lengthening the distance with the lens, or are there other factors in play? I ask because I recently replaced my cracked up wide angle lens with a standard lens (I prefer the standard) and focused it in, no problem. When I flew today (mini quad), every flight when I turned the camera on it would be in focus. However, as I flew, it would go in and out of focus. Very strange. Then, next flight, when I turned the Mobius on again, it would be in perfect focus until I launched, then at times it would be in focus, at times not. Other than changing the lens (just the lens), I've flown the Mobius on this quad countless times with no focusing issues. Until lens replacement.

I thought maybe it was the set screw being loose, and vibration during flight affecting the focus, but the set screw was very tight when I checked. Any ideas?
bmw111 is offline Find More Posts by bmw111
Old Today, 02:21 AM
mCPx
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Nov 2004
233 Posts
If you lightly poke the black part of the lens around the glass while recording do you see focus shifts when you play back the recording?
Race Miata is offline Find More Posts by Race Miata
Old Today, 05:44 AM
Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,086 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw111 View Post
Hi, is the Mobius focus solely a factor of physically focusing it by shortening/lengthening the distance with the lens, or are there other factors in play? I ask because I recently replaced my cracked up wide angle lens with a standard lens (I prefer the standard) and focused it in, no problem. When I flew today (mini quad), every flight when I turned the camera on it would be in focus. However, as I flew, it would go in and out of focus. Very strange. Then, next flight, when I turned the Mobius on again, it would be in perfect focus until I launched, then at times it would be in focus, at times not. Other than changing the lens (just the lens), I've flown the Mobius on this quad countless times with no focusing issues. Until lens replacement.

I thought maybe it was the set screw being loose, and vibration during flight affecting the focus, but the set screw was very tight when I checked. Any ideas?
sounds as if the vibration from running motors is shaking 'something loose' around ( maybe in the actual glass lens assembly ) maybe in webcam mode, gently tap the camera/lens while moving(wafting) it around while watching the PC/Laptop/Tablet/Fone with the other eye.
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Today, 07:22 AM
United Kingdom, England, Kent
Joined Dec 2010
786 Posts
Quote:
When I flew today (mini quad), every flight when I turned the camera on it would be in focus. However, as I flew, it would go in and out of focus.
Are you sure its focus and not water haze on the lens.

If you fly in a very humid area or through clouds, mist, early in the morning/late in the evening, etc you can get a microscopic build up of water vapor on the lens. This gives the impression that the camera has gone out of focus, but really its just a blurred image due to the distortion of the water vapor. As soon as you land or the conditions return to normal, of course the water has evaporated and all looks good.
VideoKing is offline Find More Posts by VideoKing
Old Today, 10:06 AM
animator in Helsinki, Finland
Joined Jan 2014
509 Posts
Quote:
When I flew today (mini quad), every flight when I turned the camera on it would be in focus. However, as I flew, it would go in and out of focus. Very strange. Then, next flight, when I turned the Mobius on again, it would be in perfect focus until I launched, then at times it would be in focus, at times not. Other than changing the lens (just the lens)
If the lens setscrew is tight, the lens can't move in the barrel, and the focus is properly set.

There is a possibility that the two screws holding the sensor board are not tight, check that.

But, mechanical resonance seems to be the most probable culprit, and the problem is not focus, but motion blur. In-and-out "focus" points to that - when the motors reach a certain speed, the camera starts to vibrate which causes motion blur.
Janke is online now Find More Posts by Janke