SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:53 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Who is currently running a Turnigy 3648 1450kv? How is it working out?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8485

This motor is really big for this plane. I'm worried about not being able to balance it, especially since I have already decided not to run a rudder servo.

What prop are you running?

Are any special considerations necessary to fit the motor? Does a 4s2200 drop in ok?

Thanks for any info!!
Mike
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:33 PM
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2010
102 Posts
My maiden flight with the dogfighter.
A nice little plane..

Multiplex Dogfighter maiden flight (1 min 13 sec)
Roel_Netherlands is offline Find More Posts by Roel_Netherlands
Old Mar 15, 2012, 03:51 PM
AAces High
United States, VA, Midlothian
Joined Feb 2009
2,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel_Netherlands View Post
My maiden flight with the dogfighter.
A nice little plane..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH30yx_Icjg
SA-WEET!!

Dave
aeronaught is offline Find More Posts by aeronaught
Old Mar 17, 2012, 01:09 PM
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2010
102 Posts
Flying the dogfighter for the second time. I like.

Multiplex Dogfighter: ultra setup (1 min 13 sec)

On the ultra setup comes a 9x6 prop, i order a new prop 10x7.
according to www.ecalc.ch i would get a lot more trust. 640gr.
Can't wait to try the 10x7 prop.

With what kind of setup you guys fly?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 07:39 AM
Manchester UK
Joined Jun 2004
420 Posts
Nice vid.
People are using all sorts of different set ups on this thread your best bet is to go back and check out the whole thread.
If you want more speed I think it may be a idea to move up to 4 cells but prop down to say 8 x 6 or 8 x 7 making sure you have a good C rating on your batteries and your ESC can handle the extra current. Failing that change the motor to a higher KV rating with the appropriate prop.
catfish is offline Find More Posts by catfish
Old Mar 19, 2012, 08:08 AM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
Who is currently running a Turnigy 3648 1450kv? How is it working out?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8485

This motor is really big for this plane. I'm worried about not being able to balance it, especially since I have already decided not to run a rudder servo.

What prop are you running?

Are any special considerations necessary to fit the motor? Does a 4s2200 drop in ok?

Thanks for any info!!
Mike
I run two of those in a couple Funjets...If you run short flights...short Bursts WOT you should be OK...Personally I'm a little Leary of Turnegy motors...there just fine for Pleasure flights....but push them and they'll heat up......Just My opinion....You should have a watt meter so you can check your amp pulls..A watt meter can be your Best Friend......I run 7x6 props..and 5 and 6 cell...make a short flight and bring it in and check your motor if you don't own a watt meter...Billy
FlyBillyFly is online now Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Mar 19, 2012, 05:57 PM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,428 Posts
Any one here a 9303/9503 guru? I have a launch preset assigned to my trainer switch on my heli 9503 for my DLG's. I wanted to make one for the DF launch but I can't get it to work in acro mode. ONly in glider? I could reprogram every thing in glider mode but surely there is a way to assign a couple mixes to the trainer switch in acro. Any clues?

Thanks
Matt
Pickle72 is offline Find More Posts by Pickle72
Old Mar 20, 2012, 05:12 AM
Netherlands
Joined Sep 2010
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
If you want more speed I think it may be a idea to move up to 4 cells but prop down to say 8 x 6 or 8 x 7 making sure you have a good C rating on your batteries and your ESC can handle the extra current.
Does a 4s fit?? After some puzzling i give up to try to fit a 4s.
Can you post a picure how you installed the 4s?
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:27 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle72 View Post
Any one here a 9303/9503 guru? I have a launch preset assigned to my trainer switch on my heli 9503 for my DLG's. I wanted to make one for the DF launch but I can't get it to work in acro mode. ONly in glider? I could reprogram every thing in glider mode but surely there is a way to assign a couple mixes to the trainer switch in acro. Any clues?

Thanks
Matt
I have a 9303 but gave it to my son when I got the 11x. He might know better than I, so ill ask him to check this thread. I am sure that you need to inhibit the channels before mating. Much easier on the 11x
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Mar 20, 2012, 07:34 AM
Manchester UK
Joined Jun 2004
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roel_Netherlands View Post
Does a 4s fit?? After some puzzling i give up to try to fit a 4s.
Can you post a picure how you installed the 4s?
I've only used 3s with the Dogfighter but most people on this thread are using 4 and even 5s, so just check through the thread...but I'm sure someone will help you out with the info you need pretty quick....????? come on all you racer's help the lad out!
catfish is offline Find More Posts by catfish
Old Mar 20, 2012, 08:37 AM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
I have a 9303 but gave it to my son when I got the 11x. He might know better than I, so ill ask him to check this thread. I am sure that you need to inhibit the channels before mating. Much easier on the 11x
Thanks! Since my DF is grounded until the new motor gets here from China I wanted to get some programing done that I wanted to do before the maiden. A launch mode was one of them. As far as I can tell you can't use the trainer switch for anything but timer and trainer in acro mode(no amount of INH ch works) So since I have time I am going ahead and making a DF model in the glider mode. I have it mostly set up now, launch preset is working. Just a pain to do a simple 4ch plane in the very complex glider mode
But I left the acro mode model alone so if anyone comes up with a way to do it there I still want to learn.

Thanks

Matt
Old Mar 20, 2012, 09:06 AM
Fly it like U stole it
Champaign, Il
Joined Mar 2008
2,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8thelephant View Post
Any idea if this weighs less/more/is the same as the HeadsUP RC offering?
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...ltiplex/Detail
I didn't get the HeadUpRC mount. They where out of stock when I placed my order. But I got one from http://www.smallpartscnc.com/
The stock mount weighs in at 8grams. The new one weighs 10 g. Plus it comes with some nice phillips head screws

Here is a pic of my old mount. NOt only does it have one crack but I found two! And yes they go all the way through it Still don't know if these are the cause or result of the vibration. It never was crashed or landed hard (for a belly flopper) so I am confused on why I had so much trouble? Started off fine.

Matt
Old Mar 21, 2012, 09:12 AM
United States, CT
Joined Aug 2005
1,970 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyBillyFly View Post
I run two of those in a couple Funjets...If you run short flights...short Bursts WOT you should be OK...Personally I'm a little Leary of Turnegy motors...there just fine for Pleasure flights....but push them and they'll heat up......Just My opinion....You should have a watt meter so you can check your amp pulls..A watt meter can be your Best Friend......I run 7x6 props..and 5 and 6 cell...make a short flight and bring it in and check your motor if you don't own a watt meter...Billy
Great info. Thanks!
I'm going to start out with 8x8 on 3s/2200/40C pack and go from there. I'm amp limited by my ESC at the moment to 80A...and by most accounts, the motor is good for 100A, though possibly for short bursts as you mentioned.

Next, I'll try one of your 7x6 props on 4s... though I suspect that anything smaller than 7" wont bite enough air to make the necessary thrust for high speed foam.
MRGTX is offline Find More Posts by MRGTX
Old Mar 21, 2012, 10:00 PM
Rogersville, Mo
Joined Jun 2008
3,860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRGTX View Post
Great info. Thanks!
I'm going to start out with 8x8 on 3s/2200/40C pack and go from there. I'm amp limited by my ESC at the moment to 80A...and by most accounts, the motor is good for 100A, though possibly for short bursts as you mentioned.

Next, I'll try one of your 7x6 props on 4s... though I suspect that anything smaller than 7" wont bite enough air to make the necessary thrust for high speed foam.
Just watch your amp draw...I like a watt meter to keep me in the safe zone...8x8 might be on the pushin side...i'd check your amp draw...your motor can go the 100...but your Battery is 88 amp..so don't push it hard..short bursts...I'd run a couple of laps and bring it in for a feel the heat test....I was runnin a 5 and 6 cells..and mine got kinda warm....i don't fly more than 4 mins at the most...Billy
FlyBillyFly is online now Find More Posts by FlyBillyFly
Old Mar 22, 2012, 08:34 PM
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
Joined Jan 2004
640 Posts
So I had a brainstorm tonight about trying a 4s 30C 2200mah battery with my Emax GT2815/05 1500kv for some extra punch. Gave it a 3 sec burst and came up with 599 watts at 39 amps on my watt meter. Prop was an APC 8x6 E. 50 amp esc.

Headsup says its only a 3s motor. They came up with 500 watts at 46 amps with the same prop and a 3s 35C 2200mah pack.

My wattmeter is one of the Turnigy brand. Not sure how accurate it is but this combo looks promising. Gonna try it this weekend and see how the motor holds up. Not bad for a $28 motor.
pylot2b is online now Find More Posts by pylot2b