HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
View Poll Results: Add Another Option: BMN (Bare Minimum Necessities)
no batteries, no charger, and no tx! $59.99(BMN) 725 86.00%
were just asking for too much 118 14.00%
Voters: 843. You may not vote on this poll

Old Sep 14, 2014, 01:56 PM
United States, IN, Fremont
Joined Jan 2010
163 Posts
This being my first low winged aircraft, for best results should it be placed upside down on the balance sticks rather than right side up. Right side up measurement is kind of tricky, I'm finding it very sensitive to any change in position on the sticks.
Frank Church is online now Find More Posts by Frank Church
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2014, 03:24 PM
DeBary, FL
Joined Nov 2010
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Church View Post
This being my first low winged aircraft, for best results should it be placed upside down on the balance sticks rather than right side up. Right side up measurement is kind of tricky, I'm finding it very sensitive to any change in position on the sticks.
Sensitive is a -good- thing. The more reactive a plane is (low wing,) the more sensitive it is to CG. You 'should' aim for measurements within 1mm. It'll fly over a wide range, but for your personal preferences and comfort level, for CG to be consistent and repeatable it needs to be very accurate.

Regardless, doesn't matter whether you measure CG from top or bottom, if a plane can balance either way. The fact that it -can- do both means that the wing is pretty close to the lateral CG, and is why it's very aerobatic and reactive.

Just go easy on the throttle and use low rates to start and you'll be fine. T-28 can be a hotrod but can be tamed down to normal human abilities too.
jbarchuk is online now Find More Posts by jbarchuk
Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Joined Sep 2014
1 Posts
I have a problem with my trojan. After a few crashes the left aileron doesn't have the full range of motion, therefore making left turns and rolls slower and almost impossible. Is there a way to fix this or do i have to by a whole new one?
BobbyBuns is offline Find More Posts by BobbyBuns