HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 01, 2010, 08:57 AM
USA
Joined Jul 2002
768 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.fluney View Post
Some photos of a Alien Technologies Nemesis I just have finished, hope to test fly before we get snow up here Ontario.

Ken
Nice job KEN!!! Looks great. Please let us know how it goes.

DK
dkane is online now Find More Posts by dkane
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2010, 02:45 PM
c/f
Joined Jan 2004
3,312 Posts
Joe,

I would have to say that if you were to take a 1250KV motor and a 4s pack of 325grams within a small margin for plugs/wires, and then apply props of say 7X7, or 7X6, by using a tachometer and wattmeter, you would find that any brand battery would be competative, take the prop size up as needed until the lower quality packs start to fall off noticeably in rpm's.
c/f is offline Find More Posts by c/f
Old Nov 01, 2010, 03:29 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined May 2002
559 Posts
AMA 427 Rules Proposal

Dan / Scott:
What happened to RCP 11-5, the official rules proposal for AMA 427 Electric Formula One. I notice on the AMA Rules Proposal web site that the proposal failed. The votes for and against show 'NV' . What does that mean ?

Where does this leave us now ? What were the reasons why it failed ?
I was/am ready to adopt the rules as proposed and give them a try in [further] real world experience beyond what we did this past season.

What gives? Let's get on with an official event and work out the kinks as we go.

Randy
Rsmith is offline Find More Posts by Rsmith
Old Nov 01, 2010, 03:43 PM
Andover
Joined Oct 2004
118 Posts
The proposer of the event, Scott McaFee pulled the proposal prior to the vote. Never was given a reason, so we did not even vote on the event.
daven is offline Find More Posts by daven
Old Nov 01, 2010, 03:51 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined May 2002
559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daven View Post
The proposer of the event, Scott McaFee pulled the proposal prior to the vote. Never was given a reason, so we did not even vote on the event.
Thanks Dave. Hmmm, Scott, care to explain ? Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks,

Randy
Old Nov 01, 2010, 04:01 PM
USA
Joined Jul 2002
768 Posts
Randy,

Once it is in (AMA), it takes 2 yrs to make a change. Therefore, it was decided to withdraw the proposal from the AMA. This allows us to govern the rules under the NMPRA, which does not have the same cyle time issues. Having said all of that the rules published on the NMPRA site dated 4/30/10 are the current rules. The plan is to release a final REV of the rules Jan,2011 and keep them stable for 1 year.

DK
dkane is online now Find More Posts by dkane
Old Nov 01, 2010, 04:28 PM
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Joined May 2002
559 Posts
Thanks for the update Danny. A Jan, 2011 rules revision sounds good so that we can move forward with next season.

Randy
Last edited by Rsmith; Nov 01, 2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old Nov 01, 2010, 08:47 PM
Canada, ON, Orangeville
Joined Mar 2006
333 Posts
Nemesis Test Flights

Well today was a sunny bright day here in Ontario, cool [37F] and a little windy, just had to test fly the Nemi, not too many good days left, as there was some snow flurries on the weekend.
I was using a Eflite 25 1250kv motor,Turnigy 2650 pack,60amp Castle esc and a 8x6 prop. Went to the smaller pitch prop to have longer flights.
Take offs where a brezz and the torque was not a issue, no trimming whatsever. Did put some right rudder in to hold the nose up in the turns. Approaches where long and flat, as this aircraft really slows down for the landings, settles in nicely.
Over all I am really pleased with this design and should be very competitive for this new event.
Thanks Red you have designed a great flying airplane, keep up the good work.

Ken
k.fluney is offline Find More Posts by k.fluney
Old Nov 01, 2010, 09:17 PM
Pile-it
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Nov 2007
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.fluney View Post
Well today was a sunny bright day here in Ontario, cool [37F] and a little windy, just had to test fly the Nemi, not too many good days left, as there was some snow flurries on the weekend.
I was using a Eflite 25 1250kv motor,Turnigy 2650 pack,60amp Castle esc and a 8x6 prop. Went to the smaller pitch prop to have longer flights.
Take offs where a brezz and the torque was not a issue, no trimming whatsever. Did put some right rudder in to hold the nose up in the turns. Approaches where long and flat, as this aircraft really slows down for the landings, settles in nicely.
Over all I am really pleased with this design and should be very competitive for this new event.
Thanks Red you have designed a great flying airplane, keep up the good work.

Ken
Congrats on the maiden Ken! Sounds like she flies as well as I had hoped. Thanks for the report. Now go win some races
Alien_Tech is online now Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Alien_Tech; Nov 01, 2010 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 02, 2010, 12:01 AM
United States, MI, Monroe
Joined Mar 2000
809 Posts
Try a dive test for the CG. Go to 300' and turn off the motor and dive the air plane to 45 degrees down. If the plane pulls up the CG can go back. If it tuck under the CG is too far back. And if it stays on the same line the CG is right on.
Kevin Matney is online now Find More Posts by Kevin Matney
Old Nov 02, 2010, 10:40 AM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,269 Posts
Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that we are working on the Outrageous racer for this class. We should have a sample to test shortly. Can't wait to try it out.

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Nov 02, 2010, 11:11 AM
USA, MI, Lansing
Joined Oct 2008
160 Posts
ok where do i go to look at one of these kits ,, alien technoligies nemesis and the miss outrageous//?? been searching the thread and just had enough
bobo46 is offline Find More Posts by bobo46
Old Nov 02, 2010, 11:15 AM
Pile-it
United States, CA, Palmdale
Joined Nov 2007
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that we are working on the Outrageous racer for this class. We should have a sample to test shortly. Can't wait to try it out.

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Great! Can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
Alien_Tech is online now Find More Posts by Alien_Tech
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2010, 11:28 AM
Caution:Makes sharp left turns
United States, CA, Lake Forest
Joined Feb 1999
6,011 Posts
Ken the Nemisis looks great. Congrats on the maiden. I'm gonna be working on my Mustang a bit this week.
Troy is offline Find More Posts by Troy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2010, 08:53 PM
Fort Worth, Texas
Joined Nov 2002
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboone View Post
Hey guys,

Jason Cole
Hobby Lobby
Thank you for the heads up! I have been waiting a while for some info on it. Raced against Jerry's and damn did it look sweet! (found a pic of Jerry and I in a turn) There are a couple still living down here in Texas, and I want one!
DBA-FW is offline Find More Posts by DBA-FW