SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 17, 2012, 05:42 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
check out this guys work...Simply fantastic !! I was looking at the 5th pic, green w/ spider webs for my 500e...Only Ouch @ $250 http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t714761p1/
Dejavu*Xion is offline Find More Posts by Dejavu*Xion
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:18 PM
Just fly
Australia, VIC, Glen Waverley
Joined Jan 2011
2,103 Posts
I did notice you do like your green. Is this your way of satisfying your needs of not having a goblin as yet? hahaha.
evltoy is online now Find More Posts by evltoy
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:47 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,229 Posts
That is only $100 more than you paid for the helicopter lol! and yes he is compensating for not having a Goblin
mhills51 is offline Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:35 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Lol....you guys are probably rite...deep down what I really want is a goblin 700...I just can't see myself paying $2,000 for one...and I'm guessing the upcoming goblin 500 will total about $1500 when all said and done...its just to damn much.....and I wonder how many canopys that guy sells at $240 a pop for a 500, that's insane.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:56 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
Lol....you guys are probably rite...deep down what I really want is a goblin 700...I just can't see myself paying $2,000 for one...and I'm guessing the upcoming goblin 500 will total about $1500 when all said and done...its just to damn much.....and I wonder how many canopys that guy sells at $240 a pop for a 500, that's insane.
This will make you feel better.

Goblin up in flames (5 min 4 sec)

I like how he's flying a Goblin 700 at a public park.
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:56 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Skull View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xBb4SGxNtI

And, if you stop frame at the 1:10 mark or so, he's flying that awesome heli on a lowly DX7!
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 18, 2012, 11:48 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Hook line and sinker yet again crvnation.skider87.sertav.kokopelli.sviking. I knew you would bite on the runryder link..lol...ill be sure and let jim g know its you again under yet another shill acct. Fishing is just to easy with you..lol
Old Oct 18, 2012, 12:44 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xBb4SGxNtI

I remember seeing this vid in helifreak a few months back and posted on it..memory serves me rite was yet another castle esc flaming out..same happend to me couple years back flaming on a 500 I had. Hard for me to be a fan of castle esc..sounds like they now have all the bugs worked out with the ice 2s.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:58 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavu*Xion View Post
I remember seeing this vid in helifreak a few months back and posted on it..memory serves me rite was yet another castle esc flaming out..same happend to me couple years back flaming on a 500 I had. Hard for me to be a fan of castle esc..sounds like they now have all the bugs worked out with the ice 2s.
I think it would be hard to blame the ESC for this one since he stuffed the Goblin into the ground from inverted from a series of increasingly wild piro flip type moves! The impact was enough to break all manner of things, and a battery short would lead to a fire every time. There was a lot of white smoke preceding the fire though. I'm not sure how lipo fires start out, but the dreaded white smoke from an ESC means the caps are burning. I thought the pilot took it pretty well.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Oct 18, 2012, 03:02 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Joined Aug 2012
3,670 Posts
2doggs: Yes he took it very well. I myself would have been dropping f-bombs for the next few hours. Yet another reason why its hard for me to drop 2k into a heli model. lol....Mhills: thought you might get a kick out of this pic. My wife is a surgical R.n , every now and then brings me home What she thinks may be good hobby tools . How bout these 16" clamps..lol. ( I cant think of a use for them " yet" ) ha ha
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:11 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,229 Posts
Nice for getting into that scale fuse to fix or move things around.

Usually the lipos put out a huge cloud of white smoke before they catch fire. Looks like a piece of the CF fame cut into the top pack on impact. My last pack that did that I thought was never going to catch fire. It was like a giant smoke bomb.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 04:55 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
4,656 Posts
always good to hear from someone with direct experience of a crash with a lipo fire! Here's hoping you won't have another one any time soon!
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:17 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,229 Posts
It seems it's always your best or newest pack.... dam you Murphy!! and your dam law lol!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:32 PM
Joined Dec 2011
3,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
And, if you stop frame at the 1:10 mark or so, he's flying that awesome heli on a lowly DX7!
There's a guy on the Devo hacking thread that knows someone that flies his Goblin on a Devo 8 and an RX802 receiver. Apparently he's never had a lockout with this (which is more than you can often say for DSM2)
Atomic Skull is offline Find More Posts by Atomic Skull
Old Oct 18, 2012, 05:35 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
There's a guy on the Devo hacking thread that knows someone that flies his Goblin on a Devo 8S and an RX802 receiver. Apparently he's never had a lockout with this (which is more than you can often say for DSM2)
Wow, that's ghetto.

Never, ever had a single issue on DSM2. Same goes for DSMX these days.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)