HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2007, 12:20 AM
Joined Dec 2006
5 Posts
Discussion
Walkera 60 Vs Venom Night Ranger 3DXL

Hi, I am new to your forum. I have been reading on the aforementioned subject. Are the two helis the same. I am mainly concerned with the radios. My local shop said the VNR3DXL does not have a 4 in 1 style radio making it more tunable and easier to fly. Is the Walkera 60 the same in this regard?
I've read parts are interchangable. My local shop carries parts for the Venom. He does not stock Walkera, and the 3DXL is double the price of a Walkera 60.
Many thanks,
Dave.
Gonz is offline Find More Posts by Gonz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2007, 12:35 AM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
ok all the parts for the venom will work on the walkera 60 they are identical no difference they have the same radio with just a different name on it,

dont waste 500.00 on a venom get the walkera 60

what a rip off
Speed Stick 3D is offline Find More Posts by Speed Stick 3D
Old Jan 02, 2007, 01:02 AM
Joined Dec 2006
5 Posts
Thanks Speed Stick 3D,
just reading a little further back, and heard some bad drum that the electrics on the Walkera are a bit sus.
In your oppinnion, any more sus than most rc helis?

Gonz.
Old Jan 02, 2007, 01:13 AM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
i have a walkera 52 and the electris are great i have not had one problem yet and i have had it for 6 months now, iwould get the walkera in my opinion
Old Jan 02, 2007, 01:25 AM
Joined Dec 2006
5 Posts
Thanks SS 3D. Appreciate your time.

Gonz.
Old Jan 02, 2007, 01:27 AM
Supra!!!!!!
Las Vegas Nv, USA
Joined Oct 2005
3,098 Posts
no problem

your welcome good luck
Old May 30, 2007, 11:12 AM
Team Compass/KBDD Team Pilot
Joined Mar 2005
3,308 Posts
There is no support or assistance with the Walkera models. There is plenty of support from Venom. Good support is worth more than going cheap.

The Venom version also has the glass blades, brushless motor, lipo and lipo charger.

I picked up a 3DXL a few weeks ago (the bare bones version-$150.00) and installed my JR 10X in it (JR digital servos set with Futaba 401 gyro).

Very easy to fly so far. I just picked up a set of 315 glass blades to see if I can make more use of the power of the Align XL motor.

I have rolled it, looped it and flown a bit of inverted-I need to get more stick time on it but, so far, it flies well.
Ah Clem is offline Find More Posts by Ah Clem
Old May 30, 2007, 11:34 AM
Slowly Approaching 1,000
Detroit (area), MI
Joined Mar 2004
923 Posts
WELOCME to the forum Gonz!

Can't speak about the Venom, but the Walk 60 flies well (for the money) till you crash it. Expect to replace the frame a lot, and the elctronics on the 60 are supposed to be better than their previous models, don't know too much about that though. Do remember though, you get what you pay for in this hobby, hands down.

Support is HUGE as Ah Clem said, especially to a new heli pilot. If you do not buy the helicopter from the LHS, how willing will they be to help you fix it? If they are willing, great. Many are not. I would not recommend a Walk as a first heli to anybody that does not have the support for it. Their English instructions are trerrible.

Before you buy and before you fly, please get a simulator and use it for a while first. It'll save you a lot of money and hassle, and if you ave a good enough sim it may also steer you in the right direction to which bird to buy. There are many other viable options you should consider first, such as the Honeybee (FP) if you want to get into helicopters. Good luck getting started.
philosophicle_1 is offline Find More Posts by philosophicle_1