HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 02, 2014, 04:06 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,407 Posts
I'm glad you were wrong also lol, they do need some work but no more than the bike it was copied from pretty much.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 02, 2014, 08:18 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,580 Posts
Yeah it has surprised me how good it works it is a fun bike, it does need some work but they all do in some way.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
Old Jan 02, 2014, 09:30 AM
r46
huggin dat apex!
United Kingdom, London
Joined May 2005
254 Posts
everytime watch a vid of bike looks better n better might just have get one
r46 is online now Find More Posts by r46
Old Jan 02, 2014, 10:12 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,407 Posts
I had a little fun with the bike over the last few days. Still got the std tyres but the rear has a foam after grinding away half the rim . It did make a little difference but because the tyre is very thick hard and low profile didn't make anywhere near the difference I'd hoped. The SR4 tyres being a lot taller and rounder should make the bike perform better in a lot of ways as well as being quicker. I am playing around with some 1/10 stadium truck tyres I've had sitting around. I think I could fit a thicker insert to help cushion along with a BB shock. Chris is onto the shock today so I'll be keen to hear his thoughts. The bike is so easy to use, with inserts and good tyres, oil forks and a BB shock I think it'll be quite nice on the track.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/newat...ach&p=27071964
Phantom 400 fun (8 min 12 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chktm; Jan 02, 2014 at 10:24 PM.
Old Jan 03, 2014, 04:58 AM
Nice
Joined Nov 2008
273 Posts
ï READ THIS :

1, High speed rotation electric Gyroscope inside, which can adjust the balance itself. You can remove the 400g clump weight on the flywheel of gyroscope in real tire after you are skilled in operation. It can help make the operation flexibly to their extremes, steering and stunts and extend the cruising ability of the battery.
Helicoy is offline Find More Posts by Helicoy
Old Jan 03, 2014, 05:28 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
I had a little fun with the bike over the last few days. Still got the std tyres but the rear has a foam after grinding away half the rim . It did make a little difference but because the tyre is very thick hard and low profile didn't make anywhere near the difference I'd hoped. The SR4 tyres being a lot taller and rounder should make the bike perform better in a lot of ways as well as being quicker. I am playing around with some 1/10 stadium truck tyres I've had sitting around. I think I could fit a thicker insert to help cushion along with a BB shock. Chris is onto the shock today so I'll be keen to hear his thoughts. The bike is so easy to use, with inserts and good tyres, oil forks and a BB shock I think it'll be quite nice on the track.
http://youtu.be/N-rAcebvncY
Awesome mate, it was throwing some roost , the 1/10 ST tyres look good are you going to make it around the stock tyre so it is bigger & will leave room for an insert?
I did not get out today but i have made the forks softer by drilling 2 more holes in the piston & fitted the big bore in the rear & i will give it a test run tomorrow.
Old Jan 03, 2014, 05:39 AM
MY '75 CZ "FALTA REPLICA" 2010
Waterford, Michigan
Joined May 2006
1,191 Posts
Quote:
http://youtu.be/N-rAcebvncY
Hey Chris, What weights are you using in the gyro for this vid,? Doesn't look like you even get leaned over in the turns far enough to touch the short skid bars you've mounted. Just trying to keep up with your experiments!
TopDave is online now Find More Posts by TopDave
Last edited by TopDave; Jan 03, 2014 at 05:44 AM.
Old Jan 03, 2014, 06:56 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicoy View Post
ï READ THIS :

1, High speed rotation electric Gyroscope inside, which can adjust the balance itself. You can remove the 400g clump weight on the flywheel of gyroscope in real tire after you are skilled in operation. It can help make the operation flexibly to their extremes, steering and stunts and extend the cruising ability of the battery.
That's correct. Once you've removed the weights the flywheel itself still weighs over 400 grams.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2014, 07:01 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Awesome mate, it was throwing some roost , the 1/10 ST tyres look good are you going to make it around the stock tyre so it is bigger & will leave room for an insert?
I did not get out today but i have made the forks softer by drilling 2 more holes in the piston & fitted the big bore in the rear & i will give it a test run tomorrow.
It does throw a nice roost . The tyre will end up about the diameter in the pic but with no inner tyre. I'll fill it out with some sort of insert. It may have to be thicker than the buggy ones, I'll see. Have fun tomorrow, hope all goes well.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2014, 07:06 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Hey Chris, What weights are you using in the gyro for this vid,? Doesn't look like you even get leaned over in the turns far enough to touch the short skid bars you've mounted. Just trying to keep up with your experiments!
Hey Dave, I'm using the same as Chris at the moment which is we've removed the lightest weight so its still pretty heavy, over 600grams. Same as the last heavy flywheel run I had on the track with the MM.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 03, 2014, 03:02 PM
Nice
Joined Nov 2008
273 Posts
Just my question ,
By thinking MM450 is the best :
does this bike bring something different front of Himoto Mx400 brushless mécanical gyro and front of Sky SR4 electry gyro .
Helicoy is offline Find More Posts by Helicoy
Old Jan 03, 2014, 06:15 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,230 Posts
Subscribity.
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Jan 05, 2014, 06:58 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,580 Posts
After fitting the BB & filling it with 5000wt diff oil as that was all i had, i decided to hit the rough track to test it & put it up against my mates MM450, there is nothing between the 2 in speed which you would think the 450 would beat the 400 lol, but naturally the MM handled the rough track better having inserts & sorted suspension, the BB definitely is an improvement in the Phantom but it is a bit too stiff i will try taking some preload off the spring first & drop the oil weight if i feel it is still too stiff, the forks are still too firm i might try the MM fork spring & either thinner oil or bigger holes in the piston to free it up if it needs it lol.
The bike did pretty well on the rough track considering the hard suspension & no insert in the front but i have some buggy inserts on the way.
The biggest problem i am having is screws coming loose i definitely need to get a better thread lock, it is mainly the grub screws on the front sprocket & spur gear holder & the front end comes loose & starts to mess up the steering & the front starts to wash out.
Sorry for the crappy footage my stupid camera set up moved & chopped the top of the screen off, i need to get a go pro & i accept donations lol.
Phantom 400 & MM450 RC Dirt Bikes (8 min 22 sec)
Last edited by Throttlejunkie; Jan 05, 2014 at 07:03 AM.
Old Jan 05, 2014, 07:27 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,407 Posts
That was real cool mate, I lmao, good to see you guys out having some fun .
There was some awesome bar banging and take outs going on, almost as much as at the supercross lol.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 05, 2014, 08:01 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
That was real cool mate, I lmao, good to see you guys out having some fun .
There was some awesome bar banging and take outs going on, almost as much as at the supercross lol.
Yeah it was fun i enjoyed going for a bash literally lol, rubbing is racing & everyone likes a good crash , but the bike did better than i thought it would on that track as it is very rough you can't really see how rough it really is in the vid, it even gives the MM a hard time which i ran a pack through after the Phantom, be good when you get your bits as i need your help in getting the suspension right as i really don't know what i am doing lol.