HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2013, 09:40 PM
Joined Sep 2013
15 Posts
Discussion
I am Looking for the best Electric 4x4 truck 1/10, I NEED YOUR HELP To Choose ONE!!!

Hello RC Group Members, I am New to this RC Hobby, I am Looking For a 1/10 or 1/8 scale truck , I like Himoto Raider/ Iron Track 1/8 scale do know that i would have to make a few Aluminium Upgrades to make it Super durable , I love how the center Diff, i meand Slipper Clutch handles in dirt terrain agile responsive and aggressive, The other is Traxxas E-Maxx I like the Size 4 Shocks, Suspension seems a little too soft the Back dips a lttle to far down to where scraps the under carriage and Skid Plates, also tends to be a Frail , and FRAGILE, i would have to Upgrade Chassis to a Aluminium, and a few other partswill need upgrading as well, The other which is a Slash Ultimate Lcg, only thing it Flips too much but is a nice ride. The Exceed Mad Beast is a Rocking Ride, Moves and seems quite durable, I just want a Truck that is Fun on the Trail, Road , Grass, Jumps Rocks and all rounder Fun ,!! I would like to hear your Thoughts and base on comparrison or experienced ETC.
Mooogus is offline Find More Posts by Mooogus
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2013, 01:34 PM
RCG Car Editor
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
1,755 Posts
Why not check out the Traxxas Stampede? It is available as a 2WD or 4WD, is quite durable and there is a ton of aftermarket parts to highly customize the chassis to make it even more bulletproof. You should also check out the HPI trucks like the Savage line.
Paul Onorato is online now Find More Posts by Paul Onorato
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A little about me.
Old Oct 06, 2013, 12:22 PM
Joined Sep 2013
15 Posts
Great Advice!1

Hey Paul, that sound like a great recomendation , i aws out this weekend just got a chance to sign on now, I have decided after the reviews that maybe i should just go with a Slash, Savage Reviews many said as a starting out beginer should try a line with accessable parts and a wide veriety of aftermarkets, Traxxas Stampede is goo, Emaxx is a nicer ride but will have to do upgrades , HPI Savage i like the body Chassis and Power and Performance over all , but it seems just like too much power for it.. Slash is Waterproof looking at it , i can convert 3 sets of Rims, Tires for all conditions such as Sand Padles/Paw Tires for crossing lakes , by changing pinion gear , change to bigger tires and rims and body like the Telluride shape u almost have a 4x4 truck/Crawler, change it again to street rim/ Tire body u have another type of RC all Waterproof as a beginner i'lll maybe start out with that 1st... Again Paul THANK YOU for your GREAT INPUT my freind..
Old Oct 08, 2013, 10:51 PM
RCG Car Editor
Joined Jun 2013
1,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooogus View Post
Hey Paul, that sound like a great recomendation , i aws out this weekend just got a chance to sign on now, I have decided after the reviews that maybe i should just go with a Slash, Savage Reviews many said as a starting out beginer should try a line with accessable parts and a wide veriety of aftermarkets, Traxxas Stampede is goo, Emaxx is a nicer ride but will have to do upgrades , HPI Savage i like the body Chassis and Power and Performance over all , but it seems just like too much power for it.. Slash is Waterproof looking at it , i can convert 3 sets of Rims, Tires for all conditions such as Sand Padles/Paw Tires for crossing lakes , by changing pinion gear , change to bigger tires and rims and body like the Telluride shape u almost have a 4x4 truck/Crawler, change it again to street rim/ Tire body u have another type of RC all Waterproof as a beginner i'lll maybe start out with that 1st... Again Paul THANK YOU for your GREAT INPUT my freind..
You are very welcome. You will have a lot of fun with the Traxxas Slash.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 11, 2013, 01:11 AM
Joined Sep 2013
15 Posts
Thanks Paul !!! I think myself and my 2 boys are goingf to have a Blast in this new hobby we just started, my Slash Ultimate is on the way due for deliverry tomorrow afternoon!!! Next HPI Savage Flux 1/8 Scale a MONSTER!! Sorry i took so long to reply!!! I have been super busy. Thanks for your resonse and Great advice!!
Old Oct 15, 2013, 03:41 PM
RCG Car Editor
Joined Jun 2013
1,755 Posts
You are welcome! Have fun!
RCG Plus Member