HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 01, 2014, 08:48 PM
friendly foamy flyin fellow
United States, NC, Greenville
Joined Oct 2013
1,281 Posts
80 degrees and the Waco and S.E.5a took about 10 batteries today. Tomorrow I'm taking the tiger moth and stearman back out for at least another 10. The 4 mph breeze drops to zero around six so all afternoon and evening my moth will be lumbering around out there.
millerr74 is offline Find More Posts by millerr74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: my birds
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2014, 11:05 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
858 Posts
^ I almost wish that I didn't ask.

I still have plenty of time to prep the squadron for Spring. Hoping to acquire this Tiggie (at the Toledo show) and do it up with a bit of a fancy paint job.

Fingers crossed that one can be found there.

RF
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Old Apr 02, 2014, 07:25 AM
Joined Oct 2013
1,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Flyer View Post
^ I almost wish that I didn't ask.

I still have plenty of time to prep the squadron for Spring. Hoping to acquire this Tiggie (at the Toledo show) and do it up with a bit of a fancy paint job.

Fingers crossed that one can be found there.

RF
I sure hope that you can get you one. To me it stands out as the most uniquely relaxing flyer in my squadron.

I'm having my morning coffee before work right now looking outside at blue sky, 60 degrees already and waiting on the last batch of batteries to charge. Everything is coming with me to work so I don't lose a moment of airtime this afternoon with transit....

I'll try to get some crummy footage to post from later today.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 02, 2014, 09:53 AM
Alpine Aero Sqdn.
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerr74 View Post
I sure hope that you can get you one. To me it stands out as the most uniquely relaxing flyer in my squadron.

I'm having my morning coffee before work right now looking outside at blue sky, 60 degrees already and waiting on the last batch of batteries to charge. Everything is coming with me to work so I don't lose a moment of airtime this afternoon with transit....

I'll try to get some crummy footage to post from later today.
Lucky. It's rainin cats and dogs in San Diego. Charged my batts over the weekend but weather wouldn't permit. Now to uncharge them.
619SixFour is online now Find More Posts by 619SixFour
Old Apr 02, 2014, 12:37 PM
Joined Mar 2014
13 Posts
The Dyman Tiger Moth is very good flying plane when you want to just cruise around the field. I flew mine at 1/2 to 3/4 power and that is about all that is needed. I've built a few out of wood and glass and considering how long it took, the Dyman one is a great alternative to get a flier into the air quickly. The one thing it might need is somehow give it more of fabric look. Of course if I really wanted one to look truly scale I'll have to build it.
NitroplaneRoland is offline Find More Posts by NitroplaneRoland
Old Apr 02, 2014, 11:38 PM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Canada, ON
Joined Oct 2010
858 Posts
Hi Roland and welcome !

RF
Red Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Red Flyer
Old Apr 03, 2014, 10:51 AM
Alpine Aero Sqdn.
United States, CA, Jamul
Joined Mar 2012
192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroplaneRoland View Post
The Dyman Tiger Moth is very good flying plane when you want to just cruise around the field. I flew mine at 1/2 to 3/4 power and that is about all that is needed. I've built a few out of wood and glass and considering how long it took, the Dyman one is a great alternative to get a flier into the air quickly. The one thing it might need is somehow give it more of fabric look. Of course if I really wanted one to look truly scale I'll have to build it.
This is why I got this for my old man. He wants to get into the hobby but he is scared to try out of the simulator. Welcome to RCG Roland!
619SixFour is online now Find More Posts by 619SixFour
Old Apr 05, 2014, 10:49 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,409 Posts
I see that NP is out of stock on the Tiger Moth. Grayson is the only other vendor I know of for Dynam in the states, and they dont carry it. Anyone know of another place it get one?
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: GWS Formosa 2
Old Apr 05, 2014, 11:41 PM
Addicted To Flying Foam
United States, NE, Bennington
Joined Jan 2010
3,927 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcrazy View Post
I see that NP is out of stock on the Tiger Moth. Grayson is the only other vendor I know of for Dynam in the states, and they dont carry it. Anyone know of another place it get one?
Killerplanes...

http://www.killerplanes.com/content/...270mm-wingspan

Kman
kman24 is online now Find More Posts by kman24
Old Apr 05, 2014, 11:53 PM
Scale Foam Flyer
United States, AR, Cabot
Joined Oct 2007
2,409 Posts
Thank you sir. I cant believe I forgot about killerplanes. Steve and Denise

Unfortunately, they only have it in RTF..which NP does as well. I wanted PnP.
Cubcrazy is offline Find More Posts by Cubcrazy
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Cubcrazy; Apr 06, 2014 at 12:01 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 07:54 PM
Joined Feb 2013
230 Posts
I have the throttle Dynam supplied thingy on the Tiger Moth but not the Waco, I guess it works but the Waco is OK with the stock ESC. I'm loaded up for our clubs Fly-in Saturday should be able to get some nice videos before everyone arrives. Taking the F-Flite Carbon Z cub, the Dynam Tiger Moth, and my cut wing Super, "Sport", Cub should be good weather if the forecast holds out. Good Flying, Jeff I think NitroPlanes will restock the Moth they have in the past anyway.
SeeMeDo is offline Find More Posts by SeeMeDo
Old Apr 11, 2014, 08:55 PM
Joined Oct 2013
1,281 Posts
I'm loaded up for tomorrow as well. Tm, pt17, S.E.5a. 80 degrees with 3mph breezes...

Happy flying!
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 13, 2014, 08:49 PM
Joined Feb 2013
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMeDo View Post
I have the throttle Dynam supplied thingy on the Tiger Moth but not the Waco, I guess it works but the Waco is OK with the stock ESC. I'm loaded up for our clubs Fly-in Saturday should be able to get some nice videos before everyone arrives. Taking the F-Flite Carbon Z cub, the Dynam Tiger Moth, and my cut wing Super, "Sport", Cub should be good weather if the forecast holds out. Good Flying, Jeff I think NitroPlanes will restock the Moth they have in the past anyway.
Dynam Tiger Moth 12Apr14, Southern Radio Control Flyers (8 min 53 sec)

Fun day slow flight with a few loops, nice landing. Motion RC, Art-Tech F4U Corsair Pilot Figure with legs trimmed up.
SeeMeDo is offline Find More Posts by SeeMeDo
Old Apr 17, 2014, 03:52 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Sep 2011
2,066 Posts
To all the Aussie guys out there, Hobby Zone have just received their Dynam stocks ... www.hobbyzone.com.au

As I already built my own Tiggy from Depron, I have ordered a Waco

Lockey
Lockey is online now Find More Posts by Lockey
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mig-15
Old Apr 17, 2014, 06:49 AM
Joined Oct 2013
1,281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey View Post
To all the Aussie guys out there, Hobby Zone have just received their Dynam stocks ... www.hobbyzone.com.au

As I already built my own Tiggy from Depron, I have ordered a Waco

Lockey
You're going to enjoy your Waco! I sure do.
RCG Plus Member