HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:40 AM
Money Shot
United States, CA, Lakeside
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
sqrl, a friend of mine recently went to hawaii and wanted to borrow my disco, yea right. he jonsed so hard there, he came home and made an ideal foldable 450 quad, if nothing else, ideas for the next one.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/show...models-on-sale
Kloner is offline Find More Posts by Kloner
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:41 AM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
you got a similar deal down at miramar.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:55 AM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,121 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disp0sablehero View Post
Anybody else here have their soul signed over to uncle Sam? Or I mean active mil?
...For almost 20 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloner View Post
sqrl, a friend of mine recently went to hawaii and wanted to borrow my disco, yea right. he jonsed so hard there, he came home and made an ideal foldable 450 quad, if nothing else, ideas for the next one.

http://www.multirotorforums.com/show...models-on-sale
Thanks for that. Slick! There's always something to look forward too...
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:43 AM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
hero, we don't want a normal field, we all fly fpv,,,,,, miles of range. Come down to Carlsbad sometime, it's a 15 minute drive. We;ll give you something else to be addicted to

ZXL nex5 rolling (0 min 0 sec)

the south end of the property up there has a campground, w want to have a get together and fly from the campground. flyandi was working on it, then it went silent.... (crickets chirping)
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:34 AM
United States, CA, Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton
Joined Jan 2013
483 Posts
Quote:
hero, we don't want a normal field, we all fly fpv,,,,,, miles of range. Come down to Carlsbad sometime, it's a 15 minute drive. We;ll give you something else to be addicted to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWrEkCecq9A

the south end of the property up there has a campground, w want to have a get together and fly from the campground. flyandi was working on it, then it went silent.... (crickets chirping)
Ahhhhhh ook I thought you meant on "camp" pen in general

As far as grounds do you mean del Mar beach, or lake O'Neil? Either way I think the camp grounds are better further north and a lot less restrictions
Disp0sablehero is offline Find More Posts by Disp0sablehero
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:36 AM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,055 Posts
By campground we mean either of the 2 runways or the camping spot at the beach west of I5 at Las Pulgas Rd.
1320fastback is online now Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:46 AM
Joined Jan 2013
483 Posts
Didn't realize there was a legit campsite west of pulgas thought there were only rest stops in the area as far as flying around those LZs, if... More like when it happens I hope there's no ops flying that way as they frequent the area, now that would be a can of worms but ill definitely look into it my unit is just a few miles east of the area
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:57 AM
Money Shot
Joined Apr 2010
903 Posts
Thanks, we would appreciate any insight on the right area to ask as well, as long as theres a nice open beach. If norths better, that's why we never got a response and your knowledge of the area might be just what we need to pull this off.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:12 AM
Detroit 2-stroke junkie
USA, CA, Oceanside
Joined Jul 2008
3,055 Posts
Well obviously it would be cleared thru the base and a NOTAM issues about the closure.

Lots of strings to pull but would be awesome time if we could do it.
1320fastback is online now Find More Posts by 1320fastback
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:21 AM
Just trying to get a nut.
United States, VA, McLean
Joined Oct 2006
6,121 Posts
It may not be that hard. Hero, check with Longrifle. They may not have any issues when there's no training or flying going on like the weekends.
scrtsqrl is online now Find More Posts by scrtsqrl
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:31 AM
Joined Jan 2013
483 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, we would appreciate any insight on the right area to ask as well, as long as theres a nice open beach. If norths better, that's why we never got a response and your knowledge of the area might be just what we need to pull this off.
No problem but if all else fails north shouldn't be an issue at all because it's only ever really saturated with people in the summer and I don't think we'd need really any clearance due to it being public camping and I mean if my family and I got away with fireworks there plenty of times and a mere warning once pretty sure a few areal vehicles wouldn't be an issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320fastback View Post
Well obviously it would be cleared thru the base and a NOTAM issues about the closure.

Lots of strings to pull but would be awesome time if we could do it.
Lots of strings indeed but may just be doable my unit is a ground mobile version or man pack mobile version of air traffic control so It shouldn't be hard for me to get in contact with the appropriate persons to get permission. Hope they are not d-bags and find it to insignificant a reason to get approval. Or find it to insignificant to need the approval
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:34 AM
Joined Jan 2013
483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrtsqrl View Post
It may not be that hard. Hero, check with Longrifle. They may not have any issues when there's no training or flying going on like the weekends.
First place I planned in going ha the area is not often used on weekends so hopefully we can work out a deal like that rc group at lz 53 I think it is where all we've gotta do is check in with range control or long rifle and get the okay on the way to the site or in advance hopefully
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:36 AM
Will fly for food
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined May 2011
532 Posts
I've flown on a military base before, and they required AMA membership. We also had a supposed hard limit of 400ft altitude. It also depended on the person in charge du jour.
ilektron is offline Find More Posts by ilektron
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:39 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2,601 Posts
Something a little different

Helicopter or blimp??????

Adidas Flying Soccer Ball - Allianz Arena - Event (1 min 56 sec)
Otto Dieffenbach is online now Find More Posts by Otto Dieffenbach
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 02, 2013, 10:40 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynen View Post
and a standard 2.4 radio before you need to start looking at your long range options like Dragon Link or whatever?
I recently ground tested my standard Futaba radio out to 1.5km. I would have went further but I ran out of road. Keep in mind this is a ground test with the radio TX at hip level and the RX inside my car on the dash. I wanted to get an idea of a poor radio setup. I recently bought a FrSky setup. Once it arrives I'll give that a test. Some folks are reporting 2-3km before the RSSI beeper goes crazy.

The other thing you can do is put the radio in range test. Then move away until the system loses link. You then measure that distance and do the math.
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Airframes Side-By-SIde