HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:44 AM
"Heli-Pimp"
kdill2160's Avatar
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
Oh, I know I am, and it makes me sick to my stomach, plus it isn't by choice...

Best learn to speak mandarin eh???
kdill2160 is offline Find More Posts by kdill2160
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2012, 07:54 AM
Registered User
Scott Cuppello's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
Maybe the quality of the planes is due to what the Chinese view these planes as. I think it was on another forum I saw a post from a guy on a business trip to Hong Kong, and he chanced upon a field in between all the buildings where some guys were flying. He was amazed how with even just minor damage, these guys were just chucking the crashed planes into the trash, electronics and all. It seems like they're throwaway toys to them.
Having lived in Hong Kong for 2 years....I can tell you that is a crock.....as for this whole post, which seems as usual to have little to do with the OP's original problem and more to do with the usual haters being handed another soap-box to tell the world how everything Chinese is junk via the usual "chinese whispers", half truths and outright untrue's.....like somehow it is going to stop most of the worlds population from doing so, even IF it was true.....anyway, as I said, easily resolved if the OP would please drop me a line with details of his complaint, including the whole story so I can investigate.
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:04 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdill2160 View Post
Oh, I know I am, and it makes me sick to my stomach, plus it isn't by choice...

Best learn to speak mandarin eh???
I'd rather do business with the Chinese then the average Brit because at least they have a concept of honour. Yes, they have their dodgy dealers but shape business practise is now endemic in the UK.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:09 AM
"Heli-Pimp"
kdill2160's Avatar
McHenry, IL
Joined Mar 2003
2,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
I'd rather do business with the Chinese then the average Brit because at least they have a concept of honour. Yes, they have their dodgy dealers but shape business practise is now endemic in the UK.
"Honor" that's the biggest joke I've heard in this entire thread, honor in the east is confined to Taiwan, Japan and Korea...

I don't believe outright lies qualify anyone as "honorable"...

Just my .02
kdill2160 is offline Find More Posts by kdill2160
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:37 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdill2160 View Post
"Honor" that's the biggest joke I've heard in this entire thread, honor in the east is confined to Taiwan, Japan and Korea...

I don't believe outright lies qualify anyone as "honorable"...

Just my .02
Yet you were unable to take all you evidence to your credit card company and get your money back.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 08:52 AM
looking up down under
scruffy1's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Fairlight
Joined Feb 2008
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdill2160 View Post
Anyone commenting from "down under" in this thread can be basically disregarded as that relationship is clearly evident all over this website. Can you say "shill"???
given my comments are free of any paid incentive, and i speak only of my personal experience, can you say "what a load of self-righteous guano" ?

really, i can understand your bad opinion of hobbyking, as it is clear on your brief blog that you have declared jihad on them over losing a plane due to a defective part, but it's really unfortunate that you have to insult satisfied customers in the antipodes as if we are somehow obliging the company by expressing our own opinions which differ from your view of the universe

your implication of some form of collusion is not only paranoid, it is defamatory and without any basis

lose the xenophobic angst and smell the flowers, america

Kelly's Heroes Oddball - Negative Waves (1 min 11 sec)
scruffy1 is online now Find More Posts by scruffy1
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:00 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,606 Posts
Kdill, just read your blog and I can understand your bitterness. I would be the same in your situation.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:17 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,454 Posts
Yeah, Kdill, sorry to hear about your both ordeals. A good friend just recently had a plane stolen out of his van while it was parked in his drive way.

I've never been "bitten" by HobbyKing since I hardly ever order from them, and then I never order complete planes, just small items. I have noticed that a lot of the HK boosters out there are from "down under," but that is to be expected since China is a lot closer to them than it is to us here in the USA. I wouldn't necessarily condem the Aussies as HK shills though. I'm sure they get better service from HK just because of their geographic location.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:18 AM
Registered User
Babadush's Avatar
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdill2160 View Post
HobbyKing will straight out lie to you regarding any returns, refunds or replacements; "it's on the way", "we've issued a full refund to your credit card, call your bank" ...
I accidentally canceled an order for a plane. Then reordered it. I got on customer service chat. Talked to the person. They told me to screen shot the money taken out of my account and send it to customer service via email. I did that. They said it could take 4-6 weeks for a refund. It took them a week and the money was back in my account.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Last edited by Babadush; Oct 05, 2012 at 09:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:39 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,454 Posts
Well, if other posts coming form a lot of different people are true, then kdill may have experienced that. There are a lot of posts where people have been promised actions that just didn't happen. Each case is different. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:43 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Well, if other posts coming form a lot of different people are true, then kdill may have experienced that. There are a lot of posts where people have been promised actions that just didn't happen. Each case is different. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others.
Yeah, but it's the absolutism of 'all deal are bad because mine was' that gets a bit boring.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:45 AM
Registered User
Babadush's Avatar
United States, VA, Richmond
Joined Aug 2012
1,152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
Well, if other posts coming form a lot of different people are true, then kdill may have experienced that. There are a lot of posts where people have been promised actions that just didn't happen. Each case is different. Just because it didn't happen to you doesn't mean it hasn't happened to others.
That is true it may have happened to him. Truth be told I wasn't expecting a refund and I was thoroughly surprised when it happened. The trouble is I see people expecting the world handed to them and get in a tizzy when something as simple as a 2 dollar servo fails. Then they go on a personal war against a company. All over a servo. It seems so infantile.
Babadush is offline Find More Posts by Babadush
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:48 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
That is true it may have happened to him. Truth be told I wasn't expecting a refund and I was thoroughly surprised when it happened. The trouble is I see people expecting the world handed to them and get in a tizzy when something as simple as a 2 dollar servo fails. Then they go on a personal war against a company. All over a servo. It seems so infantile.
I've seen the 2 dollar servos rant on here many times and it's a testament to how petty some people can be.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 05, 2012, 09:54 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babadush View Post
That is true it may have happened to him. Truth be told I wasn't expecting a refund and I was thoroughly surprised when it happened. The trouble is I see people expecting the world handed to them and get in a tizzy when something as simple as a 2 dollar servo fails. Then they go on a personal war against a company. All over a servo. It seems so infantile.
Because, if you let them get away with it over and over again, it will be $10, $25, $50 parts before you know it...and companies know this...
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 05, 2012, 10:01 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
Gerry__'s Avatar
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crvnation View Post
Because, if you let them get away with it over and over again, it will be $10, $25, $50 parts before you know it...and companies know this...
So send back that 2 dollar servo then if it makes you feel better.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Hobby King - Probably not the King... TangoPIC Electric Heli Talk 49 Jan 02, 2013 08:03 PM
Rant Hobby king is NO customer service KING Easyrydr HobbyKing 7 Dec 11, 2012 12:05 AM
For Sale orange rx from hobby king and orange satilite from hobby king ZEROSKIN76 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 8 Mar 15, 2011 01:41 PM
Sold orange rx from hobby king and orange satilite from hobby king ZEROSKIN76 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 4 Feb 21, 2011 12:06 PM