HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2012, 02:35 PM
Joined Apr 2012
111 Posts
Help!
Yet another NAZA arming thread

So I've put together a DJI 550 ARF kit with GPS (not connected for now) with spektrum dx7s and dragonlink. I've setup fail-safe and calibrated without problems,
assigned a switch for changing between GPS, Atti and Manual, and the NAZA LED blinks correctly it seems like.

But I cant get the motors turning whatsoever I do.
Changed endpoints, changed to a 2.4 ghz receiver, re-calibrated, etc etc. Pretty much everything. I start up everything (LED is connected with main battery to ESC's) with rx first and the LED is blinking once a second ish. If I do any stick movement it suddenly blinks twice fast but returns to once a second. Trying to CSC gives the same result. Been trying every theory and google hits for answers and used like 24 hours on this without getting any results.

Anyone got an tip for me ? Thanks.
ivers is offline Find More Posts by ivers
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:16 PM
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
I think the LED flashing with stick input is normal. if I remember correctly mine does that too.
when connected to the software is the throttle slider moving when moving the stick ?
If so then sounds like the motors are not arming. I'm fairly new to these so I don't have an answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivers View Post
So I've put together a DJI 550 ARF kit with GPS (not connected for now) with spektrum dx7s and dragonlink. I've setup fail-safe and calibrated without problems,
assigned a switch for changing between GPS, Atti and Manual, and the NAZA LED blinks correctly it seems like.

Changed endpoints, changed to a 2.4 ghz receiver, re-calibrated, etc etc. Pretty much everything. I start up everything (LED is connected with main battery to ESC's) with rx first and the LED is blinking once a second ish. If I do any stick movement it suddenly blinks twice fast but returns to once a second. Trying to CSC gives the same result. Been trying every theory and google hits for answers and used like 24 hours on this without getting any results.

jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Apr 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
I think the LED flashing with stick input is normal. if I remember correctly mine does that too.
when connected to the software is the throttle slider moving when moving the stick ?
If so then sounds like the motors are not arming. I'm fairly new to these so I don't have an answer.

Yes, every slider in the assistant moves as it should.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:46 PM
FPV Desert Beta Test Center
Mesa, Arizona
Joined Nov 2006
2,303 Posts
See post #11296

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1536553&page=2

There apparently are 3 of us with the same issue.

Quote:

Gary Evans is offline Find More Posts by Gary Evans
Old Jul 13, 2012, 03:58 PM
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Yes, every slider in the assistant moves as it should.
WOW, I'm stumped. Everything's plugged in right since the plug only goes one way into the NAZA.
The sliders go all the way to the end?
I remember mine wouldn't arm because my rudder slider wouldn't ro all the way to the right. I just did the CSC with the sticks to the outside and down.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Apr 2012
111 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821 View Post
WOW, I'm stumped. Everything's plugged in right since the plug only goes one way into the NAZA.
The sliders go all the way to the end?
I remember mine wouldn't arm because my rudder slider wouldn't ro all the way to the right. I just did the CSC with the sticks to the outside and down.
Yep. Even tried adjusting endpoints in TX...
Old Jul 13, 2012, 04:09 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
Did you try powering the Naza first then the Esc's? I had a similar problem with the hobbywing 25a esc's...had to make a power cable that would let me plug in my naza and esc's separately.

Also, did you try adjusting the new Motor adjustment feature with the new update? I had a light issue where some of my motors armed and others didnt. I played around with the motor feature and finally got all of them to power up at once.
the very first time i tried powering up my naza with everything after i got it, i had the esc's plugged into the motor ports wrong...the signal wire is on the bottom...

Im sure you have tried all this already...but i just wanted to share my story with that in case it helps.

good luck
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:28 PM
Australia, VIC, Hoppers Crossing
Joined Feb 2012
19 Posts
Hmm, to power mine up I have to pull both sticks down and left for couple of seconds and then give it 10% throttle straight after, motors won't just start if I don't throttle
Rovad is online now Find More Posts by Rovad
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:34 PM
Multi rotors=No Paycheck left
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
3,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovad View Post
Hmm, to power mine up I have to pull both sticks down and left for couple of seconds and then give it 10% throttle straight after, motors won't just start if I don't throttle
thats the CSC part of the Naza's intelligent mode.
SDSURFnGLIDE is offline Find More Posts by SDSURFnGLIDE
Old Jul 13, 2012, 05:40 PM
Joined Mar 2008
2,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovad View Post
Mine start after the CSC, I don't have to give any throttle to arm the motors. Now if I don't give any throttle a few seconds after the motors start up then I have to do CSC again. I believe this is how the NAZA and WKM are supposed to work.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 06:28 PM
Joined Apr 2012
111 Posts
So, I got them to spin. With trim waaay off. Aileron is 125L on subtrim.
Impossible to fly as its not centered. Funny thing is, I have to recalibrate every time I restart tx and dragonlink. And then increase travel. It fires up. But trim is totally off. Doh.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:23 PM
Need for Speed ! ! !
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Mar 2009
126 Posts
I have had this issue before. What works for me is to switch it to manual mode then back to gps mode then arm it. Works for me.
_SYCLONE_ is offline Find More Posts by _SYCLONE_
Old Jul 13, 2012, 08:28 PM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Aug 2011
422 Posts
It sounds to me like you either need to calibrate the throttle throw on each ESC OR try trimming back your throttle. I had this same issue with some really cheesy ESCs I used and then ended up getting something better later.

In order to calibrate the throttle throw connect the ESC directly to your ESC, do one at a time. Power up with your throttle at 100%, when the ESC beeps back it down to zero. Do this with no prop installed just to be safe.
seojeff is offline Find More Posts by seojeff
Old Jul 14, 2012, 12:24 AM
Joined May 2012
89 Posts
Hi all,
I have got the same issue, motors not arming at all.I just got my F550(turned into a Y6 with Naza and follwed all the steps in Naza Assistant. stick movement matched the transmitter movements.
Im using Aurora 9 with Optima 9 receiver.
Im not able to power this thing up.
Please anyone can help walk me through the set up?I don't know what Im missing and Im new to RC and multirotors.
Thanks,
Aeror
AeroR is offline Find More Posts by AeroR
Old Jul 14, 2012, 01:11 AM
Joined Jun 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroR View Post
Hi all,
I have got the same issue, motors not arming at all.I just got my F550(turned into a Y6 with Naza and follwed all the steps in Naza Assistant. stick movement matched the transmitter movements.
Im using Aurora 9 with Optima 9 receiver.
Im not able to power this thing up.
Please anyone can help walk me through the set up?I don't know what Im missing and Im new to RC and multirotors.
Thanks,
Aeror
Im using the same TX/RX setup.

I flew yesterday, couldnt figure it out why I was arming but had no control of my throttle, I simply overlooked the throttle hold switch being on.

Another problem I had in the beginning were the dual rates and expo. I had made adjustments and there wasnt enough stick travel detected to arm the naza. I changed them back to original settings.

Also, in the very beginning, I initially made the mistake of plugging in the motors (positive, negative, ground) the opposite way into the naza, i just flipped and plugged them in the right way.

Maybe this will help.
huntermanmt is offline Find More Posts by huntermanmt