Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:34 PM
Thread Crapper
Lynden, WA
Joined Nov 2000
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
Don't you guys use failsafes?
failsafe on my tricopter is autolevel on, lower throttle setting. Airplanes, idle and some up elevator.
JohnVH is offline Find More Posts by JohnVH
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:24 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plesk View Post
Mike
Do you have my Tracking number?

Saiful
Yes, Check your email ! Everything has been shipping within 24 hours and I entered all the tracking numbers into the system this morning

Mike
JettPilot is offline Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:25 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iurisouza View Post
Mike, I received the tracking code this morning!
You had already sent on Monday.
Thank you!
I got so busy finishing the upgrades and production, I forget to enter the tracking numbers the last couple days. I put them in this morning. Your sysetem will arrive shortly,

ENJOY
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:27 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60 View Post
Mike,

I just saw your post. The Beta manual says to connect the dummy load to the receiver. So that is no longer required I guess. What do we connect to the receiver when calibrating now? The antenna or nothing?

I would still like the dummy load back to use as a thread protector. Please throw it in with the tx and rx I just sent you for evaluation.

Bill in New Bern, NC.
I sure will, I will send you a couple if you like, since I have a bunch here that I no longer use. There were a couple extras laying on my workbench after doing all the upgrades, now I know where they came from

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:36 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
9,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117 View Post
Oh on a side note I've had a wierd dl rx that locked put about 35ft away and my Tri just fell from about 18 ft up. That sane rx would make all of my servos jitter and would have like a second delay no matter what I moved on the radio. I just chalked it up to be a bad rx. But it's now flying fine in one of my other quads so idk why it was like that. Maybe some kind of interference.
That is not good My guess is that something may be intermittant in the Tri Copter itself and needs to be checked carefully. Reports of problems like this in copters are becomming more common, and usually a fault somewhere in the copter since they have a lot of electronics and that can cause problems. It is just much to easy to assume something like this is a failsafe or failure in the radio system, when in reality it is most likely something else.

The Draogn Link just does not go into failsafe for no reason.. I fly in full RF exposure of Miami, a large city of MILLIONS of people... On a typical day that I fly, I have planes flying, IN THE AIR 3 - 4 hours, and I have zero failsafes and zero issues with my Dragon Link.

A properly set up Dragon Link is just perfect, you totally forget its there. If you are not getting the same results, we need to find out why.

Mike
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
I still have v1 dragonlik from october 2011 with pin on sides is there anyway to get mine upgraded to v2. how much does it cost I will pay for shipping. Im tired of my naza going to failsafe mode from dl reciever and not knowing it was gone into fail safe. say i leave movement sticks centered and thothel medium and i power off tx. dl witll tell naza to stay hovering instead of going back from gps. also i tend to loose signal at very random tims but i guess i need smaller antenna cuz other one is too big
FLYING_FORTRESS is offline Find More Posts by FLYING_FORTRESS
Old Jan 31, 2013, 01:55 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
also about calibration if mine is upgraded to v2 from old v1 transmiter do i still need dummy load cuz i lost it
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:00 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
That is not good My guess is that something may be intermittant in the Tri Copter itself and needs to be checked carefully. Reports of problems like this in copters are becomming more common, and usually a fault somewhere in the copter since they have a lot of electronics and that can cause problems. It is just much to easy to assume something like this is a failsafe or failure in the radio system, when in reality it is most likely something else.

The Draogn Link just does not go into failsafe for no reason.. I fly in full RF exposure of Miami, a large city of MILLIONS of people... On a typical day that I fly, I have planes flying, IN THE AIR 3 - 4 hours, and I have zero failsafes and zero issues with my Dragon Link.

A properly set up Dragon Link is just perfect, you totally forget its there. If you are not getting the same results, we need to find out why.

Mike
Im guessing he had his gopro to close to his reciever. I put alumiun foil and some carbon fiber on the back of my gopro to stop signal from aproacihng my reciever
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:24 PM
also known as ke123
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined Dec 2007
185 Posts
Using a well shielded cable to supply the VTx seems to help many folks too.. (like cat6 sstp)
krise is offline Find More Posts by krise
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:38 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
what do you mean a well shielded power cable. like how shielded
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:39 PM
I DESIGN QUADCOPTERS
Joined Apr 2012
725 Posts
your add in rcgroups upper tab do not work
saskya is offline Find More Posts by saskya
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:47 PM
RCGroups FPV channel Editor
United States, OH, North Royalton
Joined Jul 2009
4,634 Posts
Mike! once again, email sent with no reply (number 30 maybe?). Please get back with me soon!
Matt Gunn is online now Find More Posts by Matt Gunn
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Jan 31, 2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Jul 2011
146 Posts
also i dont get how my 2.4ghz radio doesn't loose signal in an area croweded with 2.4ghz wifi and a cellphone antenna 300 feet away from me using signals close to 2.4ghz and having 1000 to 3000 foot range opn quad naza. yet my dl locks out at 5 feet. Yet when i do a dragonlink range check with no receiver antenna on my zephyr and a gopro next to it like littery next to it i walk 300 feet and its still works. I do have carbon fibre props on my quad but they can not be the problem as i have sayed i flew out nearly 1000 feet on 2.4ghz radio. I also hear that people with no naza but other fc don't tend to have this problem. I dont thing is so much of a range problem but something within the code of the dl reciever and dl transmiter. because i havent heard of people with dlv2 having this problem with naza. and something same goes for v1 i jjst don't understand
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:31 PM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING_FORTRESS View Post
also i dont get how my 2.4ghz radio doesn't loose signal in an area croweded with 2.4ghz wifi and a cellphone antenna 300 feet away from me using signals close to 2.4ghz and having 1000 to 3000 foot range opn quad naza. yet my dl locks out at 5 feet. Yet when i do a dragonlink range check with no receiver antenna on my zephyr and a gopro next to it like littery next to it i walk 300 feet and its still works. I do have carbon fibre props on my quad but they can not be the problem as i have sayed i flew out nearly 1000 feet on 2.4ghz radio. I also hear that people with no naza but other fc don't tend to have this problem. I dont thing is so much of a range problem but something within the code of the dl reciever and dl transmiter. because i havent heard of people with dlv2 having this problem with naza. and something same goes for v1 i jjst don't understand
Naza is known to be very picky... But many people fly on here with no problems. The only failsafe I have ever had was when my Antenna went through a prop...

Ill check with FlOhio and see if we can find the noise... We are currently working on a clone of this Tri that will get all shielded servo and ESC wires once I learn to fly the thing

Chris
chanyote66 is online now Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:47 PM
United Arab Emirates
Joined Dec 2012
25 Posts
Still waiting for my tracking number, please update brother mike..
My paypal email start with swish.......... @ hotmai l. Com
fariselyas is offline Find More Posts by fariselyas