HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 04, 2011, 01:41 PM
Joined Jul 2010
36 Posts
Discussion
Blade 450 3d

This is the new blade 450 3d heli by horizon hobby

not released in the USA but it has in the UK so here you go.

OVERVIEW
The Blade 450 3D gives intermediate to advanced heli pilots an outdoor ready-to-fly experience like no other. It comes out of the box equipped with state-of-the-art features like brushless power, digital servos, a heading lock gyro, CCPM control and symmetrical blades. Its new and improved cyclic and tail servo provides crisper, cleaner response for added precision and stability while the new heading lock gyro that provides more control over the tail for additional control and confidence. The 450's aggressive new body and trim scheme make this Blade is one hot heli. And because it's flight tested at the factory, no pre-flight setup is required.

Like its predecessor, the RTF version of the Blade 450 comes equipped with Spektrum's advanced DX6i 2.4GHz DSMX 6-channel programmable aircraft system. Besides providing freedom from frequency restrictions and interference, the DX6i's DSMX technology offers other unique advantages like faster control response and innovative features such as ServoSync. ServoSync automatically re-sequences transmitted data so mixed servos receive their pulses at the same time so you can fly 3D aerobatics with absolute precision. The system also includes the feather-light, 4.4-gram Spektrum AR6115e Microlite receiver.

The Blade 450 is ready for everything from smooth hovering to 3D aerobatic flying and blasts ready-to-fly 3D heli performance to new levels of precision and power. It comes completely assembled and equipped for aggressive 3D aerobatics with state-of-the art electronics and mechanics you would expect to find in more expensive kits that take hours to build. It's even been flight-tested and had the rotors balanced at the factory so you don't have to do any setup. Simply charge its 3S 2200mAh 30C LiPo battery and fly.

Specifications
Length: 655mm (25.8 in)
Rotor diameter: 720mm (28.4 in)
Height: 235mm (9.3 in)
Tail rotor diameter: 142mm (5.6 in)
Weight: 760g (26.9 oz)
Motor: E-flite 420H brushless outrunner, 3800Kv (installed)
Speed Controller: E-flite 35A Pro S-BEC Brushless (installed)
Receiver: Spektrum AR6115e DSMX™ Microlite Receiver (installed)
Swash Servos: E-flite DS76 Digital Sub-Micro (3) (installed)
Tail Servo: E-flite DS76T Digital Sub-Micro (installed)
Gyro: E-flite G210 Micro Heading Lock MEMS (installed)
tomtom4867 is offline Find More Posts by tomtom4867
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 04, 2011, 02:33 PM
Heli of a man
Joined Dec 2010
835 Posts
IDK MAN...

I'm kinda thinking ill pass on this heli..Im more of a trex guy when it comes to 450 and above...
Enguneer is offline Find More Posts by Enguneer
Old Feb 04, 2011, 02:46 PM
Joined Jul 2010
36 Posts
you have to admit though it looks great
tomtom4867 is offline Find More Posts by tomtom4867
Old Feb 04, 2011, 05:43 PM
Got Helis
United States, IN, Greenwood
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enguneer View Post
IDK MAN...

I'm kinda thinking ill pass on this heli..Im more of a trex guy when it comes to 450 and above...

+1 on that
choppersrule is offline Find More Posts by choppersrule
Old Feb 04, 2011, 07:10 PM
Semper Fly!
Joined Dec 2010
469 Posts
Yea it looks kinda cheap, all that plastic and the one piece skids. A much nicer heli can be build for alot less.
RC_Marine is offline Find More Posts by RC_Marine
Old Feb 04, 2011, 08:06 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Look at the main gear. Almost no gap between gear and frame. See red circled section.
Old Feb 04, 2011, 09:34 PM
Heli of a man
Joined Dec 2010
835 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
Look at the main gear. Almost no gap between gear and frame. See red circled section.
lol.. After my obsevation I feel it's 450 money trap...lol . You will not catch the blade 450 in my collection, inless somebody spins it up and it just keeps going till they loose sight and it crashes down in my back yard.. that will be the only way this blade 450 can join my collection...haha
Enguneer is offline Find More Posts by Enguneer
Old Feb 04, 2011, 11:16 PM
Joined Jan 2011
55 Posts
kinda a half done blade 400 remade sadly!! but good for me since i bought the blade 400 ^_^... im preety sure with a couple servo upgrades and new main blades the blade 400 can out perform this heli by alot!

EDIT!!:: very happy they made this i can use the shorter tail servo rod in my blade 400 without having to cut the original down to size for new servo that are boom mountaid ^_^

+1 for replacement part hack
southwind1 is offline Find More Posts by southwind1
Old Feb 04, 2011, 11:38 PM
Blade 400, Blade CP
Toronto On
Joined Apr 2009
195 Posts
God they are still using those awful servos!
vortex-5 is offline Find More Posts by vortex-5
Old Feb 05, 2011, 09:29 PM
Barnwell, SC
Barnwell, SC
Joined Sep 2004
774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersrule View Post
More importantly, the gap is different between your red and yellow circles. Cool, comes with warped main gear. Might as well get an HK.
hfenn is offline Find More Posts by hfenn
Old Feb 05, 2011, 10:17 PM
Got Helis
Joined Mar 2010
4,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfenn View Post
More importantly, the gap is different between your red and yellow circles. Cool, comes with warped main gear. Might as well get an HK.

My Bad... I knew that and should have posted it, in my first thingie.

PS... I think warped main gears are becoming a standard. Hit and miss for sure.
Old Feb 05, 2011, 10:20 PM
Blade 400, Blade CP
Toronto On
Joined Apr 2009
195 Posts
Doesn't look like the new servos are up to the job. I wish they made the cages such that they'll accept other standard servos without need for filing down.
vortex-5 is offline Find More Posts by vortex-5
Old Feb 07, 2011, 12:53 AM
Joined Jan 2011
23 Posts
are these the same size as the 400, and can parts be interchanged?
RSteel Panther is offline Find More Posts by RSteel Panther
Old Feb 07, 2011, 10:36 AM
United States, NJ, Manville
Joined May 2006
1,562 Posts
That is nothing more than a blade 400 with some metal head parts and a better gyro......
skizziks is offline Find More Posts by skizziks
Old Feb 07, 2011, 10:40 AM
Amherst, NY
Joined Jan 2008
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vortex-5 View Post
Doesn't look like the new servos are up to the job. I wish they made the cages such that they'll accept other standard servos without need for filing down.
You can fit the recommended upgrade the JR285MG servos onto a standard blade frame with no issues.

Also, I am glad they at least addressed some of the problems with the blade 400. It's not everything I hoped for, but seem to have made some progress at least. Maybe the next edition, after this one, will finally be worthy competition for a t-rex.

Also several other little things.

I think they may have upgraded the speed controller.

There is something different about the gears my main gear is black these main gears are white. Maybe they are using a better material they look thicker.

Also look under the gears and over the gears they have made some changes in the main shaft.

The tail region has changed a little you didn't used to be able to see the belt. Not sure if that is a great idea.

The landing gear also looks ... weaker.
Darker4308 is offline Find More Posts by Darker4308
Last edited by Darker4308; Feb 07, 2011 at 03:32 PM.