HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 02, 2014, 05:13 AM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
567 Posts
went out for another test flight. all was well then i just lost control and slammed into the ground leaving a small crater.

i have removed all the electronics and cleaned the mud off then sat it back together to make sure im not missing any parts and it looks ok. so enough epoxy and it should fly again.
geofrancis is offline Find More Posts by geofrancis
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2014, 12:16 PM
Registered User
United Kingdom, Scotland, Argyll and Bute
Joined Oct 2012
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofrancis View Post
went out for another test flight. all was well then i just lost control and slammed into the ground leaving a small crater.

i have removed all the electronics and cleaned the mud off then sat it back together to make sure im not missing any parts and it looks ok. so enough epoxy and it should fly again.
What a bummer
I was looking forward to seeing your 'hybrid' results soon!
I was pis--d off too yesterday, I pitched up at my usual remote spot, and some winkle picking gits had blocked the way with their van.
I had to fly in a tighter spot and clipped the a fence on landing, resulting in a 4th Drifter repair job
I'm very tempted by the EPP , will they handle much wind and will they thermal at all ? They seem pretty good value but don't want something that uses too much fuel
Trouble is up here good flying weather is so rare it leads to taking risks hey!!
drambuidhe is offline Find More Posts by drambuidhe
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 02, 2014, 08:24 PM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drambuidhe View Post
What a bummer
I was looking forward to seeing your 'hybrid' results soon!
I was pis--d off too yesterday, I pitched up at my usual remote spot, and some winkle picking gits had blocked the way with their van.
I had to fly in a tighter spot and clipped the a fence on landing, resulting in a 4th Drifter repair job
I'm very tempted by the EPP , will they handle much wind and will they thermal at all ? They seem pretty good value but don't want something that uses too much fuel
Trouble is up here good flying weather is so rare it leads to taking risks hey!!
the eppfpv is like a flying pickup truck

not very fast
not very aerodynamic

but it will fly with 3kg easily, its pretty manoeuvrable and easy to repair.


im having to go back to just a single rear motor no vtol theres just too much damage to the front of the plane.
geofrancis is offline Find More Posts by geofrancis
Last edited by geofrancis; Mar 02, 2014 at 08:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 06, 2014, 11:29 AM
usual old know-it-all
Blackpool,U.K.
Joined May 2005
1,279 Posts
I still have my epp,but wont fit in car,has anyone shortened the wings by about 8" each side and reduced boom length similar 8"?
I like to keep my planks complete and not start fitting wings at the field
brodjack is online now Find More Posts by brodjack
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:04 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brodjack View Post
I still have my epp,but wont fit in car,has anyone shortened the wings by about 8" each side and reduced boom length similar 8"?
I like to keep my planks complete and not start fitting wings at the field
I would suggest getting a bigger car.
Thorton82 is offline Find More Posts by Thorton82
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2014, 06:35 AM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
567 Posts
woohoo finally got my epppv to fly in circles with RTL engaged. it was diving and climbing a lot i think it has too much roll and rudder so im going to reduce the rudder throw and the maximum roll angle to try and smooth it out.
geofrancis is offline Find More Posts by geofrancis
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2014, 07:58 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofrancis View Post
woohoo finally got my epppv to fly in circles with RTL engaged. it was diving and climbing a lot i think it has too much roll and rudder so im going to reduce the rudder throw and the maximum roll angle to try and smooth it out.
Yeah I had heaps of problems with my APM2.5 getting mine tuned. It used to just power dive when I engaged RTL, or lock onto a heading and disappear. I gave up in the end.
Thorton82 is offline Find More Posts by Thorton82
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2014, 08:04 AM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorton82 View Post
Yeah I had heaps of problems with my APM2.5 getting mine tuned. It used to just power dive when I engaged RTL, or lock onto a heading and disappear. I gave up in the end.
my apm 2.5 was really easy to set up on my bixler compared to the arduplaneng on the crius AIO im using now.

the main problem with this plane is it has unusual flight characteristics so it makes programming the flight controller a bit more of a challenge. you want to minimise the roll and try and use the rudder more for turns to stop the diving.

i started with the bixler airframe config file and dialed down the roll and upped the rudder.
geofrancis is offline Find More Posts by geofrancis
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2014, 01:22 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2013
284 Posts
Hey guys have a spare 4S lying around, and want to drop it in my epp fpv, spinning a 10*6 prop. I'm running an ntm 1400 and e clac is going haywire. Is the battery too much? Will the motor overheat?
Thorton82 is offline Find More Posts by Thorton82
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12, 2014, 05:10 AM
Team Basement-RC
Tracks's Avatar
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2011
1,848 Posts
If that's the NTM 3536, then you're fine. I use a 60A ESC to make sure it stays cool. I also run this same setup on my 60" wings with no problems.
Tracks is offline Find More Posts by Tracks
Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:13 PM
Registered User
kingsnake11's Avatar
Langley, British Columbia
Joined Oct 2009
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greedyg76 View Post
Jim - the ply parts can be sourced from Radical RC; below are what I used:

-Slow Stick Heavy Duty Mounting Tab
-Slow Stick Straight Mounting Tabs Kit
-Slow Stick Boom Stop Set
Hi greedyg76

I think the twin boom is a great modification and from the video, it certainly flies very well. What size square cf did you use on your booms? Length? I gather from the photo and video that the rudders are not functional...guess you don't need them to be...correct?
thanks....I really want to do this mod as I find the flight characteristic of this plane unforgiving at times.
thanks
ks
kingsnake11 is offline Find More Posts by kingsnake11
Last edited by kingsnake11; Yesterday at 11:13 PM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! how to fix this hobby king plane gazza2003au Australia 29 Mar 15, 2011 11:16 PM
Discussion Hobby King New FPV plane bignose13 FPV Aircraft 141 Nov 24, 2010 01:04 AM
Discussion New EPP FPV plane catamar FPV Aircraft 9 Oct 12, 2010 05:29 PM
Discussion Hobby King FPV help! Polarity for RX? Rooster433 FPV Talk 6 Oct 10, 2010 07:24 PM
Discussion Hobby King Christen Eagle Aerobatic Micro plane EPP Kit w/ Motor & ESC TopFoam Micro Ready-to-Fly 3 Apr 18, 2010 06:00 PM