HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 02, 2014, 12:36 PM
United States, PA, Trevorton
Joined Apr 2014
42 Posts
Alert
New Low Price for DX6i @ Hobbyzone

just bought the dx6i from hobbyzone. the model that sells for 139.99 says out of stock, but, its listed under a new product number and now sells for 129.99. the # is SPMR6630. between the new price and the 10% coupon I had, I got the new TX, M/F bind plugs, and a new battery for my umx beast for 128.99. cant beat that. just thought Id let members know about a good deal because the members of this forum have been very helpful to me. good luck guys
greenstx is offline Find More Posts by greenstx
to remove ads between posts
Old May 02, 2014, 03:22 PM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,110 Posts
Thanks for sharing!
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old May 02, 2014, 05:41 PM
Joined Apr 2014
42 Posts
no problem
Old May 04, 2014, 05:36 PM
Plane and Heli Abuser
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Aug 2010
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstx View Post
just bought the dx6i from hobbyzone. the model that sells for 139.99 says out of stock, but, its listed under a new product number and now sells for 129.99. the # is SPMR6630. between the new price and the 10% coupon I had, I got the new TX, M/F bind plugs, and a new battery for my umx beast for 128.99. cant beat that. just thought Id let members know about a good deal because the members of this forum have been very helpful to me. good luck guys
Just a word of warning on the $129.99 priced DX6i radios.....they do not include rechargeable batteries or charger. They include some off brand "throw away" batteries only. I am not impressed with the $129 price considering the price of the batteries and charger that was pulled out for a $10 price drop. I wouldn't be surprised to see the DX6i discontinued once inventory is depleted.
Pilot in MO is online now Find More Posts by Pilot in MO
Old May 04, 2014, 09:21 PM
Changing one life at a time...
United States, NJ, Pemberton Township
Joined Aug 2010
419 Posts
It is also $129 with the same free shipping at Horizon Hobby:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...-2-SPMR6630#t1
JimStanmore is online now Find More Posts by JimStanmore
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Plans On My Build List
Old May 05, 2014, 08:18 AM
Joined Apr 2014
42 Posts
thanks Pilot, im kinda pissed. I basically ordered it over the phone, because it wasn't listed yet. when HZ (dave, I think) told me it was $129, I asked him if it was "scratch n dent" or anything different than the $139 model. he said ,no, its the exact same thing, just 10 bucks cheaper. I feel like I just got ripped off and lied to. im callin them as soon as they open today. if they cant make it right,(ill pay the $10 diff) im gonna tell them they might as well send out a return label, because its goin back. GoNitroHobbies(ebay) sells it for $139 with recharge batt/cord AND bind plug. ....this is BS! thanks again Pilot
Old May 05, 2014, 08:20 AM
Joined Apr 2014
42 Posts
Oh and, I guess I lost my 10% coupon too. I hope they make this right. or atleast gimme back my coupon. lol
Old May 05, 2014, 09:51 AM
Joined Apr 2014
42 Posts
ok.... called HZ. they couldn't really do anything except refund and give me another coupon code. so that's what I did..........THEN, I figured wait, that was still a good deal for what I paid and what I got. the batteries were just 4 regular nimh's and I have a box full of charging cables, im sure I have more than one that will work. walmart sells a charger and 4 batts for like $7. I called back and was able to get everything back on track and DAN(Dave was not there yet) was very helpful and I told him he could void the new coupon code he gave me and he said keep it , don't worry about it. all and all im back to being happy with my purchase
Old May 05, 2014, 02:43 PM
Plane and Heli Abuser
United States, MO, St Louis
Joined Aug 2010
430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstx View Post
ok.... called HZ. they couldn't really do anything except refund and give me another coupon code. so that's what I did..........THEN, I figured wait, that was still a good deal for what I paid and what I got. the batteries were just 4 regular nimh's and I have a box full of charging cables, im sure I have more than one that will work. walmart sells a charger and 4 batts for like $7. I called back and was able to get everything back on track and DAN(Dave was not there yet) was very helpful and I told him he could void the new coupon code he gave me and he said keep it , don't worry about it. all and all im back to being happy with my purchase
Hi Green, didn't mean to rain on anyone's parade but I wanted people to know before they got a nasty surprise when they open their box. I don't really blame the dealers but would be nice if they told people.
Pilot in MO is online now Find More Posts by Pilot in MO
Old May 05, 2014, 04:20 PM
Joined Apr 2014
42 Posts
no dude , don't worry. you didn't rain on anything. im glade you said something about it. usually I would have noticed something like that, but the guy said it was the same, so I just added to cart and paid. good eye