HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM
MK
NJ
Joined Feb 2001
1,161 Posts
I use HK Turnigy Nano-Tech 2S 260 mAh. It's positioned way forward just behind the motor mount. Balances perfectly and I set my timer to 4 mins. Comes down around 3.88V/cell.
MK is online now Find More Posts by MK
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 09:00 PM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK View Post
I use HK Turnigy Nano-Tech 2S 260 mAh. It's positioned way forward just behind the motor mount. Balances perfectly and I set my timer to 4 mins. Comes down around 3.88V/cell.
ditto
Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Yesterday, 10:06 PM
Joined Feb 2014
160 Posts
umx pitts aileron adjustment

my top wing ailerons are out, the bottoms are in perfect alignment, whats a good way to adjust the top ailerons?
scole is offline Find More Posts by scole
Old Yesterday, 11:48 PM
Comic Art Collector
United States, NY, Eastchester
Joined Jul 2013
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle2Nitro View Post
I get 5 minutes out of Hyp 330s. The Pitts' 3000kv motor, coupled with the 5.75x2.25 prop, guzzles a lot of power!
Yeah, that's about what I'm getting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBABBEL View Post
Drew,

I fly my Hyp (3S) 180s & 240s...99% of the time in my stock Pitts.

Back when I was testing the new Hyp (2S) 330s, I got 7~8 min flight times flying at Wide Open Throttle about 25% of the flight.
Tried not to ever take the batt over the 80% discharge point.

rc
I'll have to try better throttle management throughout the entire flight to see what I can do. I was getting the same run time using both your TP325 70C and the HYP400 35C. Perhaps if I re-adjust the elevator a bit to fly level at a lower throttle, I'll be able to keep the throttle down a bit and extent my run times.
DrewC is online now Find More Posts by DrewC
Old Today, 07:47 AM
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Jan 2007
1,203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scole View Post
my top wing ailerons are out, the bottoms are in perfect alignment, whats a good way to adjust the top ailerons?
There must be an attachment problem with one or both wings.
When all is attached properly they line up, no adjustments are provided.
After I pronged mine one wing had an attachment issue realigned and reglued and all lined back up.

Tim
w4yn is online now Find More Posts by w4yn
Old Today, 01:54 PM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Oct 2011
627 Posts
The 2" of snow on the ground melted so I flew my Pitts in the park again. My old batteries cooled too much while flying which reduced the flight times to only 3 minutes. In a few days I will buy new batteries on Black Friday discount day.

I saw a guy with what looked like a folded wheel-chair but no, it was a huge folded Drone Heli.
He unfolded it and it was about 5' in diameter with 8 props that looked like 12". It had a normal-size rotatable camera.
The maiden flight was programmed and controlled by GPS. The wind was gusty but the flight was extremely stable. It slowly rose from the ground, hovered, rose and flew over here then over there and came back then slowly landed.
It costed as much as a mid-size American car.
Audioguru is online now Find More Posts by Audioguru