HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:15 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengarang View Post
Thank you for your valuable words and time invested to clarify, I will not give up and take your suggestions and try again tomorrow night after i get home from the office....until then, I can only thank you for your help, since I have not had the chance to try...its late ... but tomorrow ill go at it again.

thanks
regards

tengarang
It's my pleasure. The 2702V is actually very easy to program. It's the instructions they provide with it that is the big mystery! Good luck!
IntegrityHndywrk is online now Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 10:00 AM
Heliyork
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
Two years back i got my 4f200 with lots of spares but this heli proved to be a total disappointment for me it was really a PITA. That rx2612 was a disaster, i tried to use it on one of my 450 clone which met the same fate as my 4f200

I am using a 2702v in another 450 clone with jet ranger fuselage and i am happy with it.

I am surprised that this 4f200 thread is still alive and lots of valuable information has been added since i last checked it (around 18 months back...lol). Anyway i am thinking of converting my 4f200 to a two blade heli and have ordered few v200d03 spares. I don't want to spend money on walkera 3 axis rx but i do have Tarot zyx 3 axis gyro and might want to try it first. Any thoughts from you fellas?
Firewolf is offline Find More Posts by Firewolf
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:57 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
It's my pleasure. The 2702V is actually very easy to program. It's the instructions they provide with it that is the big mystery! Good luck!
I concur...the instructions IMHO are not very clear. For this evening, in conjunction with the proper procedure you have suggested, I will setup my radio as follows:

Swash Plate = Normal (since I am fixed pitch) --> please correct if I am mistaken

gyrosense = ill set to AUX 2 with position 0 to 80%...pos1 I will not use....should I leave it inhibited?

rudder throw = 120% plus minus...got this from youtube video...but this may be specific to the guys setup.

Pitch Curve = I flattened out all to zero since I have no pitch to play with...if I leave it default, with given throttle range the cyclic pitch will move which alters the stability...

Any other critical settings I should know about not mentioned here?

Thanks

tengarang
tengarang is online now Find More Posts by tengarang
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:03 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewolf View Post
Two years back i got my 4f200 with lots of spares but this heli proved to be a total disappointment for me it was really a PITA. That rx2612 was a disaster, i tried to use it on one of my 450 clone which met the same fate as my 4f200

I am using a 2702v in another 450 clone with jet ranger fuselage and i am happy with it.

I am surprised that this 4f200 thread is still alive and lots of valuable information has been added since i last checked it (around 18 months back...lol). Anyway i am thinking of converting my 4f200 to a two blade heli and have ordered few v200d03 spares. I don't want to spend money on walkera 3 axis rx but i do have Tarot zyx 3 axis gyro and might want to try it first. Any thoughts from you fellas?
I've heard good things about the ZYX 3 axis gyro. But i don't know anything about it really. As far as info on the 4f200 I also have a build log that i update and change from time to time. It's mostly just a jumble of random repair and upgrade information. There are also some links to topics outside my build log. I will be updating it again soon with more info i'm sure. The next addition just might be a while but it will be worth the wait. It will be a build log for building a 4f200/v200 frame and helicopter from parts.

4f200 - Upgrades, Repairs, Modifications

Quote:
I concur...the instructions IMHO are not very clear. For this evening, in conjunction with the proper procedure you have suggested, I will setup my radio as follows:

Swash Plate = Normal (since I am fixed pitch) --> please correct if I am mistaken

gyrosense = ill set to AUX 2 with position 0 to 80%...pos1 I will not use....should I leave it inhibited?

rudder throw = 120% plus minus...got this from youtube video...but this may be specific to the guys setup.

Pitch Curve = I flattened out all to zero since I have no pitch to play with...if I leave it default, with given throttle range the cyclic pitch will move which alters the stability...

Any other critical settings I should know about not mentioned here?

Thanks

tengarang
I am unsure if / how the 2702V will react in normal (1 servo) mode. If the swash is moving correctly you should be okay though. Just make sure the gyro is operating correctly too and not too sensitive for your fixed pitch swash and rotor head.

For your gyrosense i would use 80% on one position and 70% on another position. Try them both and see which one works out best. You don't always have to have the gyro so high. Especially for FP and non 3d type flight. As long as it holds the tail you will be okay. 70% is usually a good starting point.

It sounds like you actually are a little more familiar with the FP setup then i am. I have never actually flown a legit FP helicopter. The only heli i've ever flown that was FP or had a flybar was the WLtoys v911. Cool little heli though. So i don't know how much more i can help. But if you have more questions i will try to answer
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:20 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firewolf View Post

There's a very active thread on the zyx, and it's updated version the zyx-s. You should be able to get most of your questions answered there.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=zyx
clearprop88 is offline Find More Posts by clearprop88
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:59 PM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,794 Posts
Hello IntegrityHndywrk...you are a wonderful human being....im finally airborne because of you

Your instructions mine as well replace the manual "tail section" worked like a charm. Because of your help, now I am hovering hands free.....your step by step instructions were critical to my success....if it weren't for your intervention I would still be beating my head on the wall down stairs....it took no time, like you said...its real easy provided executed properly.

now for others who are curious about my fixed pitch setup which is not really applicable here...since IntegrityHndywrk spent his time and sincere effort to get me airborne, it is only right in my mind to share my settings,....since there were some unknowns prior to the experiment.

Swash: Normal (so this turned out to not have an effect on the overall setup)
Gyrosense AUX2: pos 0 = 80%(might give it 85% per my feeling feeds back) pos 1 = 70%
elev dual rates & expo: pos 0 = 100% 35% expo, pos 1 = 80% 55%expo
ailerons dual rates & expo: same as ele
travel: rudder ele aileron set to all +/-120%

I may or may not play with the POT on the 2702V to experiment to learn alittle more about the device and its application to the Funcopter. Thinking of ordering another 2702V unit for my other funcotper so I can free up the receiver for another project.

Best Regards

Thanks

tengarang
Last edited by tengarang; Aug 10, 2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:12 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,260 Posts
Quote:
Hello IntegrityHndywrk...you are a wonderful human being....im finally airborne because of you

Your instructions mine as well replace the manual "tail section" worked like a charm. Because of your help, now I am hovering hands free.....your step by step instructions were critical to my success....if it weren't for your intervention I would still be beating my head on the wall down stairs....it took no time, like you said...its real easy provided executed properly.

now for others who are curious about my fixed pitch setup which is not really applicable here...since IntegrityHndywrk spent his time and sincere effort to get me airborne, it is only right in my mind to share my settings,....since there were some unknowns prior to the experiment.

Swash: Normal (so this turned out to not have an effect on the overall setup)
Gyrosense AUX2: pos 0 = 80%(might give it 85% per my feeling feeds back) pos 1 = 70%
elev dual rates & expo: pos 0 = 100% 35% expo, pos 1 = 80% 55%expo
ailerons dual rates & expo: same as ele
travel: rudder ele aileron set to all +/-120%

I may or may not play with the POT on the 2702V to experiment to learn alittle more about the device and its application to the Funcopter. Thinking of ordering another 2702V unit for my other funcotper so I can free up the receiver for another project.

Best Regards

Thanks

tengarang

So glad i could help. I'm happy to hear your enjoying your new setup!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:15 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,794 Posts
Quote:
So glad i could help. I'm happy to hear your enjoying your new setup!
To be honest I put off this project for almost 10 months because I gave up hope...turned my attention to others in my fleet, now that im done i had to face reality one more time....so its really a build up of frustration

for the life of me I have been searching for manuals and comments ...google searched to page 20.... nothing nil.

thank you thank you...there is always a greater force out there
Old Aug 10, 2012, 12:23 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,260 Posts
Quote:

To be honest I put off this project for almost 10 months because I gave up hope...turned my attention to others in my fleet, now that im done i had to face reality one more time....so its really a build up of frustration

for the life of me I have been searching for manuals and comments ...google searched to page 20.... nothing nil.

thank you thank you...there is always a greater force out there
In that case, maybe you should take a look at this PDF. It might help you learn a little bit more about the 2702V. It is a supplemental manual for the v450d01 helicopter, which is outfitted with the 2702V. This guide was made because of the poor instructions originally released with the V450d01 and the 2702V that it comes with. It should translate almost directly to your helicopter. Though the swash is much easier to do for your FP it seems. This manual will show you how to do a CCPM setup with it and check the gyros,etc.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:11 AM
Heliyork
Joined Nov 2009
84 Posts
Quote:
I've heard good things about the ZYX 3 axis gyro. But i don't know anything about it really. As far as info on the 4f200 I also have a build log that i update and change from time to time. It's mostly just a jumble of random repair and upgrade information. There are also some links to topics outside my build log. I will be updating it again soon with more info i'm sure. The next addition just might be a while but it will be worth the wait. It will be a build log for building a 4f200/v200 frame and helicopter from parts.

4f200 - Upgrades, Repairs, Modifications
IntegrityHndywrk, some good info there. I never thought i would touch my 4f200 again ever as it was my most expensive micro heli with lots of spares and i had few plans to make it scale that all went down the drain due to its terrible issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88
Thanks There's a very active thread on the zyx, and it's updated version the zyx-s. You should be able to get most of your questions answered there.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...&highlight=zyx
Thanks clearprop88 for the link. I 'll go through it out once i get my spares.
Firewolf is offline Find More Posts by Firewolf
Old Aug 10, 2012, 02:20 AM
Fly Straight Fly High
San Jose, California
Joined Aug 2010
3,794 Posts
Quote:
In that case, maybe you should take a look at this PDF. It might help you learn a little bit more about the 2702V. It is a supplemental manual for the v450d01 helicopter, which is outfitted with the 2702V. This guide was made because of the poor instructions originally released with the V450d01 and the 2702V that it comes with. It should translate almost directly to your helicopter. Though the swash is much easier to do for your FP it seems. This manual will show you how to do a CCPM setup with it and check the gyros,etc.
Thanks IntegrityHndywrk, ill go over it for sure over coffee tomorrow morning before departing to the office.

thanks friend

Regards

tengarang
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:36 AM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
Quote:
The EMAX ES08MD servos work fine with the stock electronics and do not require any reversing or require the receiver to be oriented 180 degrees. So this is good news.
razorblade,
Did you ever get your servos mounted and working? thinking about putting them in my V200D03.

Thanks
Moto
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Aug 13, 2012, 01:28 AM
United States, MN, Coon Rapids
Joined Feb 2012
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
razorblade,
Did you ever get your servos mounted and working? thinking about putting them in my V200D03.

Thanks
Moto
Sorry no I did not start. I am still flying with Futaba S3154 servos on cyclic and been tinkering around with an upgraded 2000mah 25c lipo at the moment. The job will require some aluminum pieces on the 4F200 frame to be modified in order to make them fit. The servos are about 1mm taller than stock. Hopefully just some grinding with a Dremel power tool and then adjust lower ball links.
razorblade is online now Find More Posts by razorblade
Old Aug 13, 2012, 06:33 AM
United States, GA
Joined Dec 2011
130 Posts
No problem. I think I am going to stay with my S3114's and put my money towards a Mini Protos.

Moto

And my brother lives in Eden Prairie, was just up there about 3 weeks ago. Went up there to cool down from Georgia, you know how that went...95+ degrees!
MX48 is offline Find More Posts by MX48
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:17 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,260 Posts
Hey razorblade. How about an update on that tachometer you got, now that you've had it for a little bit. I'm looking at other tachometers but they seem to have a 4 blade max limitation. How is yours working out? Do you only need to put a piece of tape on one blade to get a accurate reading? Also have you determined the proper point to take a head speed reading from? Would it be the blade's CG point? or the tips? It's looking like that is an exceptional tachometer for the price. Though i'm assuming it's because it's not a hobby related product. It is actually a tool for woodworkers, lathe operators, etc. But it appears to be working accurately for heli rotors?