HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 11, 2013, 01:50 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
1,861 Posts
Question
crossposting

is it against the rules to quote a statement from an attorney that posted IN THE SAME THREAD?

i though cross-posting meant from another thread.
harryarnold is offline Find More Posts by harryarnold
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2013, 02:24 PM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,623 Posts
Here is the rule

Posting the same content in multiple posts. Note that moderators only act on cross-posts that cause a problem, and often choose not to issue any warnings, instead choosing to move, merge, or close threads to resolve the situation.
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:36 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2012
1,861 Posts
fair enough. and thanks for the reply.

In this instance. i re-quoted a statement by an attorney (currently involved in the Trappy/TBS case) , who politics aside, gave a legal opinion that blew apart arguments of several people on that thread.

people who had pontificated long and loud before an attorney showed up to post some simple facts.

They want to attack me for respecting the legal opinion and reposting it.

They are trying to silence the truth by 'reporting' the usage of the lawyers post.

(which was directly ON-TOPIC BTW)

so anyway. I would like my point, avatar & quotable back please.

I will not post the quote ad-nauseum, but the attorneys points are germaine to the thread.

Members being 'mad' about it should not silence it if presented respectably.

thanks for your time
harryarnold is offline Find More Posts by harryarnold
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:42 PM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,623 Posts
If you feel you received a warning for a post that did not break the site rules, then you can appeal the point. Read this post on how to make an appeal.
Jason Cole is online now Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator