newbheliusr is offline Find More Posts by newbheliusr
Old Nov 10, 2014, 10:59 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
7,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbheliusr View Post
It sucks it is about to get really cold for you guys.

This weekend was one of the nicest we've had here in Florida since something like last March. It wasn't hot, i wasn't sweating, the sun was out and there was very little wind. It was just great on Saturday especially. We're not expected to get any of this nasty cold coming in this week. So i'll try and fly enough for all of us!

Gaui X7 - Flight 583 - 3D and High speed passes (3 min 48 sec)

Gaui X7 - Flight 587 (3 min 44 sec)

Gaui X7 - Flight 589 (3 min 48 sec)
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Nov 11, 2014, 07:22 PM
Mostly harmless
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Jan 2013
978 Posts
Nice flying at always!
- did the guy saying 'that's 80mph' have a radar gun on it?

I also looked at some of your plank-flying videos too
- looks fun
- do you find it's helped with the heli-flying? or just a different form of flying?
FlyingPhilUK is online now Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RJX-500 Update
Old Nov 11, 2014, 08:08 PM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingPhilUK View Post
Nice flying at always!
- did the guy saying 'that's 80mph' have a radar gun on it?

I also looked at some of your plank-flying videos too
- looks fun
- do you find it's helped with the heli-flying? or just a different form of flying?
Thank you! No he didn't have a radar gun on it, he was just being sarcastic or something. But it probably was around 80mph. I've always wanted to get the Spektrum GPS sensor for my telemetry system on that bird so i could find out how fast it is going maximum. But that stupid thing is like $100.

Airplane flying is nothing like heli flying. Similar, but not the same. With an airplane all that is important is that you keep moving forward and you get lift. Not so much with helicopters. So it is easier to learn to fly a plane after flying helicopters than it is to learn to fly a helicopter after only having flown planes. The thing I like about the planes are they can be a lot more chill and relaxing to fly if you choose.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 03:22 AM
Mostly harmless
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Jan 2013
978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
Thank you! No he didn't have a radar gun on it, he was just being sarcastic or something. But it probably was around 80mph. I've always wanted to get the Spektrum GPS sensor for my telemetry system on that bird so i could find out how fast it is going maximum. But that stupid thing is like $100.

Airplane flying is nothing like heli flying. Similar, but not the same. With an airplane all that is important is that you keep moving forward and you get lift. Not so much with helicopters. So it is easier to learn to fly a plane after flying helicopters than it is to learn to fly a helicopter after only having flown planes. The thing I like about the planes are they can be a lot more chill and relaxing to fly if you choose.
HK have a $50 GPS logger which might be worth getting
- although, it will just tell you 'yep, you we're doing about 80mph ...'

I must admit, I quite fancy getting a Spit, or P51, or F16 to play around with
FlyingPhilUK is online now Find More Posts by FlyingPhilUK
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RJX-500 Update
Old Nov 17, 2014, 09:27 AM
IHW Heli Division
Joined Mar 2012
7,265 Posts
Jets look kind of cool. But they usually have to move pretty fast to stay in the air. Which means they eat up real estate fast. Sooo, you just end up doing fast passes across the field. It seems like it would get pretty boring pretty quick. I've wanted to do a jet for awhile now but they want too much money for the nice EDF kits. I mean a lot of the nice ones cost over $300 and don't come with retracts or even servo ready retracts. They also don't come with any electronics, motor, etc. SO, for me, planes just aren't interesting enough to spend that much on right now.

Plus I'm pissed off at planes right now. This weekend my $230 Sukhoi blew off a table and took my $400 DX8 down with it, right on it's face, right on concrete. It broke the rudder part of the stick by breaking the key shaft that connects to the potentiometer. Luckily with some advanced ghetto engineering I was able to fix it. It also bent my gyro switch a little.