HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:02 PM
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined May 2007
38 Posts
Discussion
OSD pro with guardian issue

When I turn on the Stabilization / Elevn Mixing On the plane ailerons will deflect when the wings angle changes, only problem is turning to the LT is good. Turning to the RT the ailerons start to deflect in the correct direction until the wing dips approximately 10%,,, at this time the servos will move to full travel in the opposite direction. This would cause a uncontrollable decent straight to the ground.

Under the guardian menu I can not get heading hold to work.

The manuals are wonderful, but to extensive. On one page you need,
Connect this here,
place this there,
turn this on,
If it doesnít work read here! (Ladder troubleshooting) not surf the forums. I have no doubt that someone had my RTH problem, but finding it.

And gee-whiz guys why didnít you make room for heading hold / RTH activation via an aux channel or am I missing something. Navigation of your menus while flying sucks. If I was flying at 10000 ft no problem, but at 300 ft, only seconds to the ground? Or am I missing something. Create a serial device to control function using aux channels. Right now as far as I understand the OSD Pro, with the guardian has 2 AUX input to control the OSD extensive table of contents. Switching between these menus while flying takes hours of practice and removing the pilotís attention from what matters, flying!

The OSD is functioning correctly, I have too much invested in the support equipment, (video) If I can't get some real tech support the eagletree is coming out and will find the FPV system that works as advertized!
sidewinderFSK is online now Find More Posts by sidewinderFSK
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 30, 2013, 05:34 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,936 Posts
Hi Sidewinder, & sorry you're having an issue with the stabilizer.

Let's first focus on getting that resolved, then I want to get more feedback from you about how we can improve the manual and the menuing.

Can you please follow the below steps. As a shortcut, you could first follow step 3, and if that doesn't work, also do steps 1 and 2. However, I suspect doing step 3 will resolve the issue.
1) If you are not running version 10.43 of our software already (indicated by clicking "Help, about" in the software), please install version 10.43 from here.
2) Open the OSD configuration page in the software, and click "Factory Reset," which will clear out your prior config. Then configure the OSD's display settings as desired, and click OK.
3) At this point, run the Servo Analysis Wizard either on the PC, or from the OSD's menu.
4) Confirm the problem is resolved.

Please let me know what you find.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor