Old May 10, 2011, 10:39 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids2 View Post
So...my birthday is coming up. I have 3 Dynam planes already with pretty good experiences. Now that we have seen the various problems with this plane...would you still recommend it (those of you that have been flying it now for a while) I hate buying bad planes.

Like the guys above I would recommend this plane to anyone.
raz is offline Find More Posts by raz
to remove ads between posts
Old May 10, 2011, 10:48 AM
USA, FL, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion Pax View Post
I would say get this one. I had some fun this weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmjWSfCQMCA
what paint did u use?
celm is offline Find More Posts by celm
Old May 10, 2011, 05:38 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
what paint did u use?
Krylon Fusion Spray Paint and the red is automotive pin striping.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old May 10, 2011, 11:40 PM
Joined Jan 2011
15 Posts
ESC or Motor defect?

Dear friends I have a problem with one of my motors. My cessna came with two 30A escs. Yesterday, fortunately on the ground while testing, one of my motors started to loose and gain power then stop and start and making sounds like the esc was reseting. Then it started to make a constand beep, beep.

I disconnected and reconnected the battery and the problem persisted.

I searched the internet and I found a pdf file that explains how to program the esc with the transmiter, and I reprogrammed it. (the pdf works fine so I attached it).

The two motor start simultaneously, they even reach max RPM, but the problem persists.

Nothing gets hot or even warm since the problem happens at the beginning of the operation.

Is it the ESC or the motor?

Please help!

Stavros
sioannid is offline Find More Posts by sioannid
Old May 10, 2011, 11:43 PM
Rc Flying is my Sanity!
United States, CA, San Jacinto
Joined Mar 2010
487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggie9999 View Post
thats for sure!!!!!:d:d:d:d

Heh Heh Heh!
Fast_Eddy is offline Find More Posts by Fast_Eddy
Old May 11, 2011, 06:58 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sioannid View Post

Please help!

Stavros
If you have other motors to try with the ESC, try that to rule out both. If you change motors and it still has a problem then it is the ESC.

If you have no spare parts then I would say it is the ESC. You could also try another ESC. Try just one motor and see if it makes a difference.
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old May 11, 2011, 07:04 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sioannid View Post
Dear friends I have a problem with one of my motors. My cessna came with two 30A escs. Yesterday, fortunately on the ground while testing, one of my motors started to loose and gain power then stop and start and making sounds like the esc was reseting. Then it started to make a constand beep, beep.

I disconnected and reconnected the battery and the problem persisted.

I searched the internet and I found a pdf file that explains how to program the esc with the transmiter, and I reprogrammed it. (the pdf works fine so I attached it).

The two motor start simultaneously, they even reach max RPM, but the problem persists.

Nothing gets hot or even warm since the problem happens at the beginning of the operation.

Please help!

Stavros
stavros.....I had a ESC problem right from the beginning, one motor ran slow and actually stopped after thtottle was applied.
I didn't take a chance and replaced both stock ESC's with another brand I had used in the past.

I suspect the ESC as the problem, but I would also keep the ESC's in place and switch motors to see it the problem follows the motor or stays with the ESC
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old May 11, 2011, 01:12 PM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
baaaad news

I lost signal somehow and she went down in the one patch of asphalt in a 10 acre field. The wing fractured but I think I can fix that. The fuse is scerewed.
Both my new props and spinners are toast, as are most likey the motors cause Im sure the cans were bent.I'm looking now to figure out if I should just get a whole new one, or get a fiuse, new engines, props and spinners, plastic parts kit and some of the $17.00 nitro plane motors.
Man Im broken hearted cause this was my fav plane in a hangar of eight.

and darkness reigned over lower uncton....
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old May 11, 2011, 02:15 PM
Wisdom can not be granted.
Shreveport Louisiana
Joined Dec 2006
6,302 Posts
Man I am sorry to read about that. Any idea about why the loss in signal. I would start fresh and get a new one and keep the best parts in a bin just in case repairs are needed.

Oh, and you have a PM.
Orion Pax is offline Find More Posts by Orion Pax
Old May 11, 2011, 02:19 PM
Don't Move I've Dropped My Nut
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Feb 2009
1,805 Posts
Sorry it went in! Hope you are able to find the cause with the NTSB Investigation.
Were you using a separate BEC?
-Gary
bamaguy is offline Find More Posts by bamaguy
Old May 11, 2011, 03:11 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naval Warfare View Post
I lost signal somehow and she went down in the one patch of asphalt in a 10 acre field. The wing fractured but I think I can fix that. The fuse is scerewed.
Both my new props and spinners are toast, as are most likey the motors cause Im sure the cans were bent.I'm looking now to figure out if I should just get a whole new one, or get a fiuse, new engines, props and spinners, plastic parts kit and some of the $17.00 nitro plane motors.

NW...Sorry to hear that, just last weekend I lost my new E-flite P-51B and year old FMS P-51 at the same field two days in a row, I have no explanation as why the both went in.....my DX7 is suspect....after I lost the 2 P-51's I tried the PZ P-47 and the throttle was not responding correctly and the left aileron was fluttering.....so im grounded for a while...
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old May 12, 2011, 01:27 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
Quote:

That really sucks! I hope you figure out why so it doesn't happen again.
Old May 12, 2011, 08:09 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,081 Posts
Quote:

Man, that sucks... I thought the 2.4 system was suppose to stop the interference problems??? I have read that if the transmitter battery is not full charge you lose some signal strength...?

I would get a new one and keep the parts that you can save...Sorry for your loss...
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Old May 12, 2011, 10:19 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Thanks all. No, I'm still stymied as to why. I use a separate Bec, TX (DX6i) was at 5.3 volts. Batt was at 4 volts when I checked it. I mustve flown 100 laps around that field since I got the plane.
I dislike crashing,I HATE not knowing why I crashed.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Old May 12, 2011, 10:38 AM
raz
Sportin my new 'do'
USA, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2004
6,234 Posts
A friend I fly with lost signal to his Yak a couple times while using a DX7 radio system and both times when we were picking up the pieces the Rx was blinking instead of a steady light like it's supposed to be.