HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:40 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Just sold my first 3dhs plane to a friend. Bye bye 41 edge, great plane but its going to a better home. Finally the older members of our club are seeing the virtues of electrics.

Anyways, do anyone know (or can link me to) those little things that keep deans connectors together. I made the mistake of soldering some knock offs on to lipos and have geniune on my esc side so the connection is a little loose. I think there is something out there like a lock for servo extension connections. Thanks
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 04, 2012, 06:58 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalpain View Post
Just sold my first 3dhs plane to a friend. Bye bye 41 edge, great plane but its going to a better home. Finally the older members of our club are seeing the virtues of electrics.

Anyways, do anyone know (or can link me to) those little things that keep deans connectors together. I made the mistake of soldering some knock offs on to lipos and have geniune on my esc side so the connection is a little loose. I think there is something out there like a lock for servo extension connections. Thanks
I would seriously recommend replacing them. I found loose "deans" to be the cause of losing a radio. something to think about. They gotta be every bit is cheap as the lock things.
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:04 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,980 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
I would seriously recommend replacing them. I found loose "deans" to be the cause of losing a radio. something to think about. They gotta be every bit is cheap as the lock things.
+1. Even though it won't come apart mechanically, it could still seperate electrically.
quadracer is offline Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:11 PM
USA, AZ, Surprise
Joined Apr 2010
2,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAddict16 View Post
Hey guys I'm trying to pick an airframe for this combo- http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Power-C...-Telink-48.htm I'm thinking either 41" Edge, 47" SHP, or 48" Edge. I would love the 48" Edge but if the power system is more suited to the 41" I could get that. Thanks!
That 78g motor isn't going to be good for anything bigger than the 41" Edge... the included slow fly prop wouldn't work for it though.
FireyFate is offline Find More Posts by FireyFate
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:25 PM
United States, FL, Marianna
Joined Apr 2011
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
why don't I ever think of things the easy way? I just replace them and trash the knock offs.
dentalpain is offline Find More Posts by dentalpain
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:37 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalpain View Post
why don't I ever think of things the easy way? I just replace them and trash the knock offs.
glad i could help. And i meant losing a plane not a radio
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:40 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireyFate View Post
That 78g motor isn't going to be good for anything bigger than the 41" Edge... the included slow fly prop wouldn't work for it though.
Ok thanks looks like ill be getting my first 3dhs plane soon ill have to make some custom SFG's sometimes I like them. Wow, those 500 posts went fast
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
2,735 Posts
wrong thread
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:56 PM
Landing, HEY, I got it!!!!!
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
838 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys I'm trying to pick an airframe for this combo- http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Power-C...-Telink-48.htm I'm thinking either 41" Edge, 47" SHP, or 48" Edge. I would love the 48" Edge but if the power system is more suited to the 41" I could get that. Thanks!
I would suggest picking the 3DHS plane you like and adding the recommended motor and ESC. They have good discounts if you buy a plane, motor and speed control together.

Yes, that Twisted Hobby combo would only be good for a 40 or 42 inch plane and the prop would be junk.

JMO

Jeff
jcfab is offline Find More Posts by jcfab
Old Aug 04, 2012, 07:57 PM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Yeah id have to pick up a 12x6
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:00 PM
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
838 Posts
Quote:
Yeah id have to pick up a 12x6
More like an 11 x 5.5 for that motor. If you really like the Edge then get it man.... Bigger flies better anyway.

Jeff
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:00 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,246 Posts
site being down, the service provider is looking into it... getting it fixed as quick as the process allows us. apologies for the inconvenience.
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:04 PM
3D, 1D at a time!
United States, TX, Plano
Joined Aug 2010
4,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
site being down, the service provider is looking into it... getting it fixed as quick as the process allows us. apologies for the inconvenience.
It's all good Arron!
Park_aviator is offline Find More Posts by Park_aviator
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:06 PM
U.S.A. Celina, TX
Joined Oct 2010
838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM View Post
AW MAN!!!!!!!

I was gonna spend all kinds of money tonight!

Guess I'll have to go to HK.

(just kidding of course

Jeff
Old Aug 04, 2012, 08:23 PM
Fort Wayne
Joined Feb 2009
4,731 Posts
Finally some rain
Got Doppler rotation but we'll take it anyway
jsmith285 is offline Find More Posts by jsmith285