New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 07, 2014, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by bobepine
Joined Jun 2011
9,391 Posts
Discussion
Ready to Fly Quads Horrible sevice

I emailed Paul with ready to fly quads almost 2 months ago.

No response.

On his website he has this posted:
Quote:
important: Please allow at least 1-2 weeks for your order to ship. . We appreciate your patience!
AT LEAST 1-2 weeks if you order a bloody flight controller? That's just ridiculous.

Paul really needs to change his website name since he has not had any ready to fly quads listed on his website in many, many months.

The site should be called: Ready to Wait for your Parts.com

I did not think Hobby King could be topped in terms of poor service, but I was wrong. This is worse. This guy pulled it off!

In response to a recent post from someone who had RC gear stolen out of his car, someone wrote " I hate thieves." This is what someone replied to that:
Quote:
In that case, don't ever order from witespy/RTFQ/Paul--he'll eventually take your money and leave you high and dry.
Worst service out there, if you ask me.

PFFT!

Best,
Chris
bobepine is offline Find More Posts by bobepine
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2014, 01:26 PM
Find More Posts by AnthonysQuad
Happy Holidays
Joined Jan 2013
1,214 Posts
It takes about 9 days to get stuff I ordered 5 times and all came around 9 days.I sent a email and wasn't responded but did receive the correct order every time.
AnthonysQuad is offline Find More Posts by AnthonysQuad
Old Sep 07, 2014, 01:44 PM
Joined Jun 2011
9,391 Posts
No email responses... Great! Just fantastic service.... I wanted to place a 2000$ order but never got a response.

Good thing your email was not pertaining to getting what you ordered, I suppose... Thanks for the confirmation. Even Hobby King will not take 9 days to respond to an email... But NEVER receiving a response at all? That's what I'm talking about.

Best,
Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 07, 2014, 01:56 PM
Find More Posts by stronnag
sweet dreams & flying machines
United Kingdom, England, Netley Marsh
Joined Aug 2013
294 Posts
Never again. World's worst service. Nearly three weeks to condescend to shipping an in stock flight controller, then the disaster that is USPS. Paid for what ever the allegedly "first class " service is called. 5 days from where ever Witesby is in Florida to Miami. According to Google, you could walk it in half the time. About the same again to get it through their depot and onto an aeroplane. Once it's on the plane, 3 days later it's here, thanks to the good old Royal Mail, who at least understand what first class post means.

Never ever again. Witespy's service is a joke. The Far East vendors do so much better.
stronnag is offline Find More Posts by stronnag
Old Sep 07, 2014, 08:56 PM
Find More Posts by waltr
Team WarpSquad
United States, PA, Doylestown
Joined Jan 2014
7,321 Posts
There are already a few other threads and many, many posts on this subject. If you had spent a few minutes searching then you would know all of this before hand.
waltr is online now Find More Posts by waltr
Old Sep 07, 2014, 11:40 PM
Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Team Warpsquad
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined May 2009
1,872 Posts
I've made two orders the past couple weeks and they were shipped a couple days later so I figured he got some help. I wonder if it's depends what you order and if it requires his personal attention or of he doesn't actually have them in stock...etc No idea but it's not the first time I've heard a complaint.
Mr.Aaron is online now Find More Posts by Mr.Aaron
Old Sep 08, 2014, 12:56 AM
Joined Jun 2011
9,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltr View Post
There are already a few other threads and many, many posts on this subject. If you had spent a few minutes searching then you would know all of this before hand.
I did not need to search. I already knew that. This was my first attempt at doing business with Paul, and also the last attempt.

I emailed him again yesterday to let him know that I would post this thread. I made it clear to him that I was really not impressed. Little do you know, he replied to me immediately. Too freeking late. That's just not a way to run a business.

Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2014, 10:31 PM
Find More Posts by slimdog
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2008
161 Posts
I have order stuff from you Chris and there is no one better in the industry. I have read the reviews on Witespy and actually order a few things of him today. I am hoping for the best.
slimdog is offline Find More Posts by slimdog
Old Sep 09, 2014, 11:30 PM
Find More Posts by The Quasar
Firmware Fiend
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2013
3,265 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
I emailed Paul with ready to fly quads almost 2 months ago.

No response.

On his website he has this posted:

AT LEAST 1-2 weeks if you order a bloody flight controller? That's just ridiculous.

Paul really needs to change his website name since he has not had any ready to fly quads listed on his website in many, many months.

The site should be called: Ready to Wait for your Parts.com

I did not think Hobby King could be topped in terms of poor service, but I was wrong. This is worse. This guy pulled it off!

In response to a recent post from someone who had RC gear stolen out of his car, someone wrote " I hate thieves." This is what someone replied to that:

Worst service out there, if you ask me.

PFFT!

Best,
Chris
LoL, that was me that you quoted in your first post about being left high and dry; I posted it in the Armattans thread that I often browse because you always have cool gear and ideas in that thread, and I have always heard nothing but the best reviews of your customer service--I think you'll have plenty of business coming from me very soon.

About Paul and his antics: his business practices are despicable!! Just the fact that it takes him soooo long just to ship even the smallest orders (or big ones--doesn't matter) while other US vendors get your stuff to your door (within the US) in 3 days or less shows that he has some major inefficiencies that should be dealt with immediately. The problem is--he won't. He's completely satisfied with his business model of "I'll get to it when I get to it, if I have time." I was once attracted to his low prices, but after this last encounter with his shady business practices, I'm done with him.

Let me preface this by saying that I had ordered from Paul a few times before this last encounter, and my packages arrived in 10-21 days. Two months ago, against my gut instinct and better judgment, I bought a 4-in-1 12A ESC board, hoping to save some weight over the 4 BS12As I had originally intended to buy. Two weeks later, I got my order, and soldered up the 4-in-1. I powered it up on the workbench, and on the first throttle-up (maybe 15-20% throttle), one of the FETs popped. I took a picture of the popped FET and emailed Paul asking if I could send it back. He emailed me after a few days and told me to send it back to him, and that he could either replace it or provide the 4 BS12As that I requested as replacements. I sent the board back, then I waited--one full week. I emailed him letting him know that I had sent the board back, and asked if he could send me the BS12As as soon as he could, being that I was otherwise grounded. That was over 3 weeks and 5 forwarded emails ago--no response. Another RCGer, magic_marty, posted in the mini APM thread that he was experiencing a similar situation (same board, same defect), and couldn't get a response either. When I began posting my warnings to other members, a few people immediately PMed me and informed me that they had been burned in a similar fashion. This tells me that my experience isn't an isolated case, and that this issue of attempting to ignore people and hoping they'll chalk it up as a loss is endemic to witespy/RTFQ.

The most embarrassing part about all this is that I was a fervent and vociferous defender of Paul and his business before this last order because I had rolled the dice several times with him and got lucky in receiving my stuff, but my luck has apparently run out, and now I'm eating humble pie as a result of all the people I tussled with over the legitimacy of Paul's operation. I sincerely apologize to all of those people, and I now very much sympathize with them. The dude is an outright fraud, and people should stay away from RTFQ at all costs.

Just to append all this, I'm sure most people who have ordered from him know how lazy he is with updating the status of his orders when you log into your account on his site. Mine still shows orders I've received in January as "processing," but interestingly enough, as soon as I started peppering him with "where's my stuff?" emails, he went and updated the status of the order that comprised of my ESC board (among other things) to "completed," ostensibly to cover his back in case I decided to open some sort of dispute against him. Wow, what a jerk!!

I'll be working with PayPal and my bank to bring his shady practices to light, and to hopefully get my money back. I make very little money, so even a $40 ESC board is a significant expense that I can only justify spending every now and then. I'll be damned if I let someone rob me of my hard-earned money in broad daylight. I'll be sticking to reputable vendors, like Armattan Quads, from here on out.
The Quasar is offline Find More Posts by The Quasar
Old Sep 10, 2014, 01:59 AM
Joined Jun 2011
9,391 Posts
Ouch... That's harsh. I hope you get it sorted with PayPal. 40$ is enough to piss anyone off.

You'd think Paul would put cases like this at the top of his list, but apparently not. It's a shame.

Best,
Chris
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2014, 10:48 AM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2008
161 Posts
Got a conformation email from him today saying my stuff was shipped the day after my order was placed. Crossing fingers.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 03:24 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
4,053 Posts
You are a site sponsor, in business?? Don't understand your relationship/motivation here. Is he one of your suppliers? A competitor??
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Sep 10, 2014, 06:01 PM
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Oct 2008
161 Posts
Just talking out loud here and do not know Paul or Chris but I wouldn't be surprised if Paul considered Chris a competitor and thus is not interested in doing business with him.
Old Sep 10, 2014, 06:12 PM
Find More Posts by The Quasar
Firmware Fiend
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Nov 2013
3,265 Posts
From the sound of it, he wanted to do business, but his natural tendency to procrastinate squandered an opportunity. He won't get any sympathy from me, that's for sure.
The Quasar is offline Find More Posts by The Quasar
Old Sep 10, 2014, 07:42 PM
Joined Jun 2011
9,391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
Don't understand your relationship/motivation here
That is quite alright with me.

Best,
Chris