Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 10, 2014, 03:04 PM
Joined Feb 2013
232 Posts
Discussion
MJX-F49 Single Rotor FP

The MJX F49 is the newest and biggest of all the competing fixed pitched helicopters. It has a very powerful 390 brushed motor and can be easily upgraded to fully brushless. It is a fast and agile helicopter. Right now I am trying differentiate the difference between the stock blades and the xp super blades. I seem to get more stability when flying with the super blades. I also have all the extreme parts but just waiting on the extreme swash. update: I have upgraded to the bl main motor and this helicopter puts me on the edge. Very powerful.

This is a great helicopter for the price. I paid $100 for the heli,$31 for brushless motor and probaly will pay around another $30-40 for brushless tail. So for full brushless no more than $170. However, it is fun to fly stock, so upgrading can be a process which makes it easy on the pocket.

Pros: Very solid body, easy to work on, reasonable price, agile, can fly comftorable in 10mph wind

Cons: aielon is still canceled by rudder.
Solution after I am full brushless I will purchase a turnigy 9x tx and rx and gyro

I would love to hear what people have done to upgrade the f49. Batteries, blades, motors, etc. Iíll be looking forward to your responses.

Here is a review I found on youtube:
MJX F49 Unbox and Review Courtesy of Banggood (14 min 26 sec)
dbranch2480 is online now Find More Posts by dbranch2480
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 10, 2014, 03:24 PM
United States, OH, Miamisburg
Joined Oct 2013
165 Posts
Ive been looking at this one myself...not to replace my 912s..but to FLY when they are down cause of TAIL MOTOR being out!!
Tom W. is offline Find More Posts by Tom W.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 09:54 AM
RTF (Ready to Fragment)
United States, WI, Beloit
Joined Nov 2012
3,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
Ive been looking at this one myself...not to replace my 912s..but to FLY when they are down cause of TAIL MOTOR being out!!
I think an F-45 tail motor will fit in your V912 motor mount.

It lasts 40+ flights in a larger and heavier helicopter.

My first F-45 tail motor lasted over 60 flights, but most average around 40.

The F-49 will probably be pretty hard on tail motors with the 390 main.

It will be interesting to see what tail motor they used, and how the right angle
drive holds up.
Steve_ is offline Find More Posts by Steve_
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Steve_; Jun 11, 2014 at 10:20 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 11:18 AM
United States, OH, Miamisburg
Joined Oct 2013
165 Posts
I have the F45 main motor Steve but original motors still cranking...yes didnt think about the right angle tail on F49,for these old eyes it would be easier for me to see at a distance since it is a bit bigger then 912
Tom W. is offline Find More Posts by Tom W.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 01:12 PM
United States, AL, Anniston
Joined Jun 2012
38 Posts
Glad to see a place for the f49 ! I got both the f45 and the f49, both are great helicopters , although my favoride is the f49, great performance and power to me , even in stock condition...
lonerider is offline Find More Posts by lonerider
Old Jun 11, 2014, 07:19 PM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
I just ordered one from tmart. Hopefully they ship from the US warehouse as indicated!
It didn't look like they had any good extra batteries - what should I get and who has it in the USA?
Scott in NH is offline Find More Posts by Scott in NH
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:08 AM
Joined Feb 2013
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott in NH View Post
I just ordered one from tmart. Hopefully they ship from the US warehouse as indicated!
It didn't look like they had any good extra batteries - what should I get and who has it in the USA?
I'm also looking at some batteries. I have the brushless motor but only using stock battery. My Turnigy 2200 and 1800mah were too long, so i may look into the turnigy nano techs. Another f49 owner uses a 1750 rhino 25c.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:33 AM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbranch2480 View Post
I'm also looking at some batteries. I have the brushless motor but only using stock battery. My Turnigy 2200 and 1800mah were too long, so i may look into the turnigy nano techs. Another f49 owner uses a 1750 rhino 25c.
How about this one?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Battery.html

I couldn't find a nano-tech with the right conectors.
Last edited by Scott in NH; Jun 12, 2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 02:56 PM
Joined Feb 2013
232 Posts
Quote:
How about this one?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...y_Battery.html

I couldn't find a nano-tech with the right conectors.
I'm going to have to change my connectors. I thinking of changing to the xt60 connectors
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:49 AM
United States, AL, Anniston
Joined Jun 2012
38 Posts
f49 blade bolders..

Will the f49 blade holders fit on the f45 ? The blades seem tighter on the f49 than the f45, not as much play in them ..
lonerider is offline Find More Posts by lonerider
Old Jun 13, 2014, 02:37 PM
Joined Feb 2013
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Will the f49 blade holders fit on the f45 ? The blades seem tighter on the f49 than the f45, not as much play in them ..
They do seem to better than the f45. The head is also beefier.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 10:54 AM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
Quote:
I thought I would be ok ordering from them as the red one showed in stock in the USA.
Apparently that is BS or it takes them a really long time to put a shipping label on a box and have it picked up.....

Hobbly King USA warehouse is doing moderately better as they at least sent me an email saying they have put the batteries in a box and would send the tracking number at some point in the future.....
Old Jun 20, 2014, 11:50 AM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
So my F49 arrived, but I probably won't get to fly it until tomorrow.
I thought it would have a JST connector on the battery like the F45, but it is different.
I want to get an adapter - is the one on the F49 a XT60 or?

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2014, 04:51 PM
Joined Feb 2013
232 Posts
Quote:
So my F49 arrived, but I probably won't get to fly it until tomorrow.
I thought it would have a JST connector on the battery like the F45, but it is different.
I want to get an adapter - is the one on the F49 a XT60 or?

Thanks
I'm not sure. I don't think its the xt60. I'm still looking for a better battery that fits. I just ordered brushless tail motor kit from feala. I may check the demensions of the2000mah turnigy nano tech. It may fit if I cut the battery stopper thing that holds battery in
Old Jun 21, 2014, 07:46 AM
Joined May 2010
213 Posts
are you sure?
Here is a picture, if it isn't a XT60 what is it?