Joined Feb 2012
2,917 Posts
And less 69g.
GhostMaster is offline Find More Posts by GhostMaster
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 14, 2014, 09:53 AM
Joined Feb 2013
21 Posts
Until now, the MiniMOVI remains among the lightest in spite of the strong structure and easy assembly for those who buy the kit.
For diet, we are working...
Markuc is offline Find More Posts by Markuc
Old Jun 15, 2014, 02:33 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
Slightly improved version of my "very-simple" gimbal - made it stronger and lighter.
Total carbon parts weight - 7.2g (alu was 15.8g, but oversized), better vibration resistance (stronger than carbon) and third axis mount.
Best part - gimbal without mobius and third axis fits into 90g.

(few more images here, here, here and here)
I attached drawing in case someone wants to replicate - just print it 100% size, cut any group (they're different shape, pick one which suits your carbon plate), glue it to carbon (or CF - should work well, but will be slightly heavier and more flexible) and cut with fretsaw. Glue with epoxy, done. Total work - probably less than 2 hours, more time - waiting until epoxy hardens ;-)

Next version will use custom rewound motors and uncased mobius. I plan to fit into 88g all included (3 axis, controller, mobius - everything into 88g).
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Jun 15, 2014, 07:39 AM
Flight cadet
The Netherlands, OV, Enschede
Joined Jul 2012
275 Posts
cool!
which motors and controller did you use? (I would be interested in the 2D solution)
when do you start selling?
oxygen is offline Find More Posts by oxygen
Old Jun 15, 2014, 08:39 AM
Portugal
Joined Feb 2012
2,917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
Slightly improved version of my "very-simple" gimbal - made it stronger and lighter.
Total carbon parts weight - 7.2g (alu was 15.8g, but oversized), better vibration resistance (stronger than carbon) and third axis mount.

I attached drawing in case someone wants to replicate - just print it 100% size, cut any group (they're different shape, pick one which suits your carbon plate), glue it to carbon (or CF - should work well, but will be slightly heavier and more flexible) and cut with fretsaw. Glue with epoxy, done. Total work - probably less than 2 hours, more time - waiting until epoxy hardens ;-)

Next version will use custom rewound motors and uncased mobius. I plan to fit into 88g all included (3 axis, controller, mobius - everything into 88g).
88g a 3D gimbal with camera is very impressive.
GhostMaster is offline Find More Posts by GhostMaster
Old Jun 15, 2014, 08:52 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
which motors and controller did you use? (I would be interested in the 2D solution)
Motors: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/ax-gm-220...ography-1.html
Yaw axis: http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...5&productname=
Controller: afrobgc, but you can't get this one, so pick anything - stormbgc, evvgc or even old tested alexmos (i had 18$ HMBGC on alu gimbal). All work well, just different form factor/weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygen View Post
when do you start selling?
Never, i do not mass-produce them. Pick drawing, spend two hours and get gimbal!
Old Jun 15, 2014, 03:30 PM
Joined Feb 2013
21 Posts
Quote:

Great job! But it is not too flexible?
The declared weight is comprised of a suspension system?

How do you weigh 90g if:

2x2206 (no screws) = 62g
1x2804 (no screws) = 42g
1x Gimbal controller + imu with all cables (your version) = 12g
1x = 7.2 g carbon structure
1x aluminum bracket pitch =

Total | 123g (weight exceeded)

If I also add 10g of the original mobius support that you are using ...

123 + 10 = 133g

aluminum pitch bracket with various screws (10/15g)

133 + 10 = 143

An anti-vibration mount carbon standardized 2mm with four suspension weighs 20/25g.

143 + 20 = 163g

Not bad for a 3-axis, but if we want to declare the weights ... all people should calculate them well.

Opinion:
As long as there will be no mikro motor will not be possible to overcome the barrier of weight really, not even using the single lens of the mobius that still needs its hardware.
I do not think that a 2206 engine is able to handle the weight of the only mobius lens, it will be too light for him and will come into vibration.
Last edited by Markuc; Jun 15, 2014 at 04:25 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 04:24 PM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markuc View Post
Great job! But it is not too flexible?
No, try to bend 1.6mm carbon plate with hands ;-)
At least, less flex than alu (6063) version, tested on bike (alu version vibrated a lot when driving).
Probably best would be something like 7075 T6 plate for gimbal - slightly heavier compared to carbon, but very stiff and could bend on impact. But it won't be cheap...
Quote:
The declared weight is comprised of a suspension system?
No, i do not use this one on left, mini multicopters do not vibrate much, and such mounting does not help on bicycles..
I will put video in few days, weather here sucks :/
Old Jun 15, 2014, 04:29 PM
Joined Feb 2013
21 Posts
Quote:
No, try to bend 1.6mm carbon plate with hands ;-)
At least, less flex than alu (6063) version, tested on bike (alu version vibrated a lot when driving).
Probably best would be something like 7075 T6 plate for gimbal - slightly heavier compared to carbon, but very stiff and could bend on impact. But it won't be cheap...

No, i do not use this one on left, mini multicopters do not vibrate much, and such mounting does not help on bicycles..
I will put video in few days, weather here sucks :/
It is a true mini quad vibrates a little, I saw this in your video with aluminum gimbal.

In any case, congratulations for your work, I really appreciate the people who know how to create!

Thanks for the explanation, a greeting
Old Jun 15, 2014, 05:04 PM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
Just now noticed that you added info:
Quote:
How do you weigh 90g if:

2x2206 (no screws) = 62g
1x2804 (no screws) = 42g
1x Gimbal controller + imu with all cables (your version) = 12g
1x = 7.2 g carbon structure
1x aluminum bracket pitch =
Quote:
So, not third axis motor, also i do not know why you think that 2206 weight 31g - IIRC they're 26g with cut shaft.
Yes, with yaw motor it's much heavier, motor itself is big and heavy...
And alu bracket weights 4g, not 10-15 as you stated - it's small ;-)

As i said, it's too heavy for minis, so i will try to make different version:
  • HK 2403 motors, rewound and with cut axis (have maybe 9 of them, tried to make minicopter on them, failed, so need to put them to work). Weight with all mods ~15g/ea
  • not sure if i will keep something around 2206 for yaw, probably the same 2403 motor, they should have lots of holding torque, and with high pole count - should not skip steps1
  • completely disassembled mobius - PCB with PRF202, to isolate, put lens on top, supercap on bottom, solder power wires directly. I already done this with one of my mobius, final weight is ~18g (!) with stock "A" lens, should be more with wide lens (now do not have photo or can't check exact weight - crashed plane and re-assembled everything again into case).
  • no support plates for cam - mount it directly on motor axis. It's not hard with wide motor, there's enough space, few drops of epoxy and done. Also easy to reach buttons on mobius...
  • not sure about arms - best option would be 0.6mm carbon construction (glued into rectangle tubes), but too much work. Would be uber-stiff and could handle light crashes, but really lots of work without CNC. So i will probably just do similar handles from 1.5-1.8mm carbon...
This one should be true mini-multi gimbal - comparable to mini-cam weight, lots of torque, small (so can be hidden into copter cage, to protect from crashes). Just... Rewinding motors require lots of patience and time, won't be soon for sure - summer is for flying, not building :P
Old Jun 15, 2014, 05:55 PM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2005
602 Posts
I'll also have a gimbal available soon for the mobius. It is designed completely around the cg of all the parts. So it's a very specific mount. The first iteration was almost perfect. I have a little tweaking to do before it's perfect.

it's designed to only be used with these gimbal motors
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=43037

it's mostly 3d printed but will have cnc'd g10 damper plates.

will come will all needed fasteners and dampers.

thanks

keep an eye out on my website for availability.

http://www.pureimaginationengineering.com/store.html
P.I.Engineer is online now Find More Posts by P.I.Engineer
Old Jun 16, 2014, 02:57 AM
Joined May 2014
54 Posts
Here is the answer from Zero:
"Hello,
the YS-S4 supports only 2-axis servo gimbal.for the manual please kindly find the attached file."

It means I can connect the signal to the gimbal motor?

The motors I have bougth are
2206-140Kv Brushless Gimbal Motor

also attach the YS-s4 manual
pataro is offline Find More Posts by pataro
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:48 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataro View Post
the YS-S4 supports only 2-axis servo gimbal<...>
It means I can connect the signal to the gimbal motor?
Please, read again...
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:21 AM
Joined May 2014
54 Posts
Quote:
Please, read again...
Yeah, but my gimbal does not have servos, only brushless motors, can I use an ESC?
2206-140Kv Brushless Gimbal Motor
Which ESC will fit good?
pataro is offline Find More Posts by pataro
Last edited by pataro; Jun 16, 2014 at 05:29 AM.
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:32 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,435 Posts
You can use ESC - flashed to work as bl controllers. For example, ESC32 have this mode, also others (look for Olliw FW).
But usually it's much cheaper and better (based on your questions) to get BLGC...