HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by jjmelo, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 04:39 PM
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Aug 2012
375 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
Wanted
Bixler NIB please?

[x-posted from the electric forum].

Title says all. I want a Bixler (preferably version 2). New in box. Do you have one lying around that you bought as a spare or as a project, but never got to it? If so, please let me know. Send me a PM with price with shipping to CA.

[The only reason why I'm posting here is because they're out of stock in the US warehouse. I bought one last week, but I crashed it badly this weekend due to a crappy wing spar].
jjmelo is online now Find More Posts by jjmelo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:52 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
You may want to consider buying Skywalker from bevrc. I have one and first of all, the wing spar is reinforced CF, its never going to break, and the plane is great as well. You can fit so much stuff in it, its great. I also flew mine downwind 100km/h so its not too slow. I can cruise with 5 amps from a 4s when its calm.
If you buy one, it will cost you $120 shipped EMS from bev. If you spend more than $200 there, you get free EMS shipping under certain weight.
The code "alishanmao" should save you 10% on your order.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:49 PM
United States, CA, Burbank
Joined Aug 2012
375 Posts
Trader Rating: 63
The Skywalker looks like a good option, but at that price I can literally buy 2 Bixlers, including shipping. On my next one I'm gonna reinforce the crap out of the wing. I was pulling some ballsy maneuvers, rolling and looping, and the plane was on the heavy side, with 2 x 2,200 3s batteries and a GoPro (in the housing).
jjmelo is online now Find More Posts by jjmelo
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:59 PM
United States, KY, Hardin
Joined Jun 2011
680 Posts
Trader Rating: 21
get a x8 lots of space, plenty of wing

http://www.bevrc.com/the-king-of-fly...font_p303.html
satgod is online now Find More Posts by satgod
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:57 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
You don't need to reinforce the wing much. Just get a new carbon rod. My bix1's carbon rod broke on my first flight ever (which lasted 5 secs and ended up in a crash) and the 5mm carbon rod I bought from HK has lasted about 10 crashes, some from 50 feet up and never had a problem. If you want to get a FPV plane that you will never get rid of, get Zephyr II. Most people get bored of planes like bix and skywalker and want to move to something more acrobatic and agile. Get zephyr II, you will spend $150 shipped but you won't regret it.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo