HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 06, 2012, 08:51 AM
Pilot in Training
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Unfortunately, I dont have anything helpful or creative to say.. but I love following this thread and learning what I can to prepare for flight..
My new 4-S is due to arrive later this afternoon.. SO EXCITED and can't wait to post the experience - YAY!!
MJS88 is offline Find More Posts by MJS88
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2012, 11:42 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigor View Post
1111 Mavrick How do you connect the led strip to the board?
Hi bigor
The lights are not connected to the control board they are connected to a spare channel on my receiver with one of these switches http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...d_Switch_.html
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Old Dec 07, 2012, 12:22 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
is better the ifly stock stabilizer or mabe another one like Cirus SE or rabbit that goodluckbuy sell with?
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:54 AM
Ukraine, Dnipropetrovs'ka oblast, Dnipropetrovs'k
Joined Nov 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post
The lights are not connected to the control board they are connected to a spare channel on my receiver with one of these switches
Thanks 1111 Mavrik. A power to led strip I understand is taken from the main battery?
bigor is offline Find More Posts by bigor
Old Dec 07, 2012, 04:42 AM
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Hi All,

My 4s arrived yesterday so I know what I will be doing tomorrow when I
eventually get off this ship!

I'm gonna head over to

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post23441411

and post my findings over there to keep things nice n tidy.
pigdogstix is offline Find More Posts by pigdogstix
Old Dec 07, 2012, 06:45 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigor View Post
Thanks 1111 Mavrik. A power to led strip I understand is taken from the main battery?
Bigor you can also use a little brushed ESC to use as a switch to power your LEDs using a spare channel on your RX,then you can use a spare channel on your radio to power it on and off,just saying in case you might have one laying around that your not using.

If your not to sure how to do it there are videos on Youtube that clearly show what to do,depending on what radio (TX) that you use it can be quite easy,i rigged up an afterburner in one of my EDF jets,i used a brushed ESC and done a mix on my radio for the throttle,so when i gave more power to the EDF the lights would glow brighter,then when i power down again they go dimmer to off,i had to do plenty of head scratching to get there but i worked it out in the end.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:25 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
IFLY-4 flying inside a BBC studio:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19436049
The killjoys are gunning for us!
BTW, the quad in this article looks like an earlier version of the 4, it's carrying a lot of stuff too! This isn't fitted out with IFLY electronics it seems, you can see the added ESC's hanging.

Sorry guys, not been doing anything much with mine recently, just been uber busy..Now changing modes on my FF9 to mode 2, (have to use 35 Mhz as my video is 2.4 Ghz) then when this vile weather here improves. will do some more flying. I did however, get a quick flight in the other day when we had snow, but was 9-11 mph wind, wasn't too comfortable flying in that, and yes, it did get blown around quite a bit! Actually, I almost stacked it, so beware of windy weather flying.

Here's another link I found on YT in case persons living in different countries cannot access the BBC content.:
Drone Tried Out In Newsnight Studio (2 min 38 sec)

Am waiting to read about you guys with the 4S, very intrigued.

I hope you are all having fun with your quads.

Matt
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Last edited by Matt Halton; Dec 07, 2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 07:42 AM
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Yes I watched a bit of that yesterday Matt, it won't be too long before health and safety gone mad, the tree huggers, nimby's and the saviours of the lesser spotted furry flying rabbit are all complaining that we are ruining the countryside, wildlife and environment with our outlandish flying machines. Lol

All that's needed is a bit of good old common sense.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:18 AM
Pilot in Training
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdogstix View Post
.. with our outlandish flying machines. Lol
Common Sense? LoL!!
Sorry to say, that might be too much to ask for, considering our Society as a whole and how it has developed over the years..
In fact, looking at todays and even yesterdays generations.. scary, to say the least..
MJS88 is offline Find More Posts by MJS88
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:25 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdogstix View Post
Yes I watched a bit of that yesterday Matt, it won't be too long before health and safety gone mad, the tree huggers, nimby's and the saviours of the lesser spotted furry flying rabbit are all complaining that we are ruining the countryside, wildlife and environment with our outlandish flying machines. Lol

Too true mate,their will always be the odd few people who will want to spoil the fun for others as the bloke in video,did you hear what he said about we need to have legislation like the gun laws.

Where we will need to sign them in and out before use and so,then having magistrates/police telling us when and where we can fly them and then they will want to vet us to see if we are up to the job on fling them.

Best we get as much flying in as possible i say.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:55 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Lol, it will be impossible for them to police any restrictions, I predict it will be carry on as normal.
The article says there will be THOUSANDS of them in our (UK) skies alone, sounds like BS to me, if true, are they going to be driving about in 'Drone Detector Vans' heh, I don't think so..

Anyway, lets just keep flying our little quads, it's fun and no one can stop us
Old Dec 07, 2012, 08:58 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Quote:
Too true mate,their will always be the odd few people who will want to spoil the fun for others as the bloke in video,did you hear what he said about we need to have legislation like the gun laws.
He's probably worried his stupid looking pony tail will be cut off by the quads rotors
Old Dec 07, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
He's probably worried his stupid looking pony tail will be cut off by the quads rotors
Lol! Love it.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 01:21 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
Joined Aug 2008
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton View Post
LoL,we should all line up and take turns trying to cut it off with our Ifly-4's,bagsy first go at it but please don't have a pop at me if i miss.
Old Dec 07, 2012, 02:09 PM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
You go first mate! I hope you gettim good

Just been looking over my quad regarding adding FPV and noticed one of my main flight battery leads to the quad board has a dry joint (dull solder)

Lucky I noticed it now, as it could easily crumble and break with vibration from the motors, so am going to re solder before I fly again, could have crashed mine before now, so have been lucky.
Will be good practice for you guys to check yours, you might be ok, but worth a look!