4 Posts
I will say Serpent
Fay_927 is offline Find More Posts by Fay_927
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2012, 04:15 PM
Mauckport, IN
Joined Jul 2009
92 Posts
with a collection as large as i have i can only narrow it down to my top 2.

my atomic carbon s2

and my 2005 prototype durango slim b4 (still being built)

LowClassCC is offline Find More Posts by LowClassCC
Old Feb 17, 2012, 02:00 PM
Getting there
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Oct 2011
25 Posts
Traxxas Brushless conversion

Here's the most powerfull RC car I own to date;

This is a old converted (Nitro to Brushless) Traxxas aluminum frame with oil suspension, AWD power-train with front and rear disk brake that can be activated independently to force power to go to the front, rear or both and a Turngy TrackStar 150A brush-less engine and ESC!

The custom cover is made of aircraft grade aluminum and is padded inside with shipping foam to keep all part from moving during a hard crash, most part are held together using my favorite combination of double sided tape and tie wrap except for the body and engine. The engine and electronic are supercooled using a small yet powerful server fan.

The camera is a Sony 1/3 CCD 520l with very low lux and can see in the dark without infrared illuminator. I added 2 LED flashlight on top of the frame, these are mainly for style, it look very aggressive when this thing is coming at you at 90kmph with the 2 bright white LED. The camera use to pan and tilt, now it just tilt as the pan servo died after a 3 meeters jump… Will not replace as I found it pretty hard to navigate not knowing if you are looking forward.

It has 3 radio, one for audio/video down-link at 900mhz 1.5W with preamp microphone, one for control up-link at 2.4ghz (assan 9ch) and one at 432mhz for audio up-link (from a cheap FRS 2-way radio). it has a built-in 20W audio amplifier and 2 speaker to talk very loud, louder than the engine, to whom dare to step in its way.

check out my blog madhak(dot)com for more pictures and parts details...
madhak is offline Find More Posts by madhak
Old Feb 17, 2012, 10:29 PM
Matt .
Joined Mar 2009
30 Posts
I like my Ofna hyper 8.5 the best out of all my cars .
Matthew Shane is offline Find More Posts by Matthew Shane
Old Feb 21, 2012, 04:26 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,755 Posts
It is a tossup betwen my Losi Ten T and my Traxxas Slayer Pro.....nitro all the way.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Oct 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay_927 View Post
I will say Serpent
any pics?
AmazingRCstore is offline Find More Posts by AmazingRCstore
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:24 PM
Joined Oct 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowClassCC View Post
with a collection as large as i have i can only narrow it down to my top 2.

my atomic carbon s2

and my 2005 prototype durango slim b4 (still being built)

lots of good times with them?
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Oct 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by madhak View Post
Here's the most powerfull RC car I own to date;

This is a old converted (Nitro to Brushless) Traxxas aluminum frame with oil suspension, AWD power-train with front and rear disk brake that can be activated independently to force power to go to the front, rear or both and a Turngy TrackStar 150A brush-less engine and ESC!

The custom cover is made of aircraft grade aluminum and is padded inside with shipping foam to keep all part from moving during a hard crash, most part are held together using my favorite combination of double sided tape and tie wrap except for the body and engine. The engine and electronic are supercooled using a small yet powerful server fan.

The camera is a Sony 1/3 CCD 520l with very low lux and can see in the dark without infrared illuminator. I added 2 LED flashlight on top of the frame, these are mainly for style, it look very aggressive when this thing is coming at you at 90kmph with the 2 bright white LED. The camera use to pan and tilt, now it just tilt as the pan servo died after a 3 meeters jump… Will not replace as I found it pretty hard to navigate not knowing if you are looking forward.

It has 3 radio, one for audio/video down-link at 900mhz 1.5W with preamp microphone, one for control up-link at 2.4ghz (assan 9ch) and one at 432mhz for audio up-link (from a cheap FRS 2-way radio). it has a built-in 20W audio amplifier and 2 speaker to talk very loud, louder than the engine, to whom dare to step in its way.

check out my blog madhak(dot)com for more pictures and parts details...
SUPER COOL!
Old Feb 25, 2012, 02:26 PM
Joined Oct 2011
67 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Shane View Post
I like my Ofna hyper 8.5 the best out of all my cars .
Cool Car! (Y) have you had it for long?